Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know how Star Ace works, but it all depends on the size of the production number and possible reissues. That's the fault in your logic.

If all figures have the same number of units, then your logic is sound. But it not, that might even be the exact reason why he sold out first. Not enough demand to make more figures, while the others were restocked.

Again, I'm not saying that this is the answer. Just pointing options.

You might be right.

Obviously something went right with Ron's sales, though, as he is sold out and no one else is. The fact that he's been sold out for over a year now would indicate that collectors who are interested in owning Dress Robes Ron don't have that option, and probably quite a few more could have been sold in all this time.

If Star Ace underproduced that figure due to underestimating the demand--and all indications are that they did, since no other character has sold out from every retailer--that's no fault of the character's.

If they make Harry and Hermione from one of the school years and not Ron, I would feel there were quite big annoying holes in my collection.
If they only made Harry 4 year and the three other Triwizard contesters O.K. But Harry and Hermione and no Ron :(

Obviously something went right with Ron's sales, though, as he is sold out and no one else is. The fact that he's been sold out for over a year now would indicate that collectors who are interested in owning Dress Robes Ron don't have that option, and probably quite a few more could have been sold in all this time.

If Star Ace underproduced that figure due to underestimating the demand--and all indications are that they did, since no other character has sold out from every retailer--that's no fault of the character's.

Fair enough.

I don't know, nor understand, their logic.

I know I'm in the minority, since I'm mostly interested in some of the Adult wizards (I usually go for characters that I really loved, in Harry Potter's saga, to me, it would be Lupin, Sirius, Snape and Tonks; a bit on the fence with Mad-Eye).
From the children, I might be interest in a Hermione, but from last year. Not much of a fan of Harry or Ron.

But I do agree that Ron seems a strange character to undervalue, since he is one of the main ones.

if they do another ron they may just do a hallows version and no inbetweens like hermoine and harry.

I have Tri-Wiz Harry, and will be getting Yule Hermione (I skipped the young versions), so they NEED to do year 4 Ron! Although, if it came down to it, I would rather have a Year 6 Quidditch Ron. Those uniforms with the old school football pads were awesome.

Bit disappointing that podcast. Lets ignore the questions re: Harry Potter females aka McGonagall and not make those who have ginger hair and just make loads of Harrys and Hermiones.

Bit disappointing that podcast. Lets ignore the questions re: Harry Potter females aka McGonagall and not make those who have ginger hair and just make loads of Harrys and Hermiones.

Did we ignore them or was it just already answered earlier or a statement made making the question redundant?

Um, you're grasping at straws. They didn't underestimate demand. If the demand was there, they would've manufactured more during the pre-order phase. Darklord Dave has made this point repeatedly in various Harry Potter threads.

As for dress robes...they look ghastly. Having to look at his costume in the movie is enough for me -- I don't need to own a version of it IRL.

npotterposter7.jpg

Um, you're grasping at straws. They didn't underestimate demand. If the demand was there, they would've manufactured more during the pre-order phase. Darklord Dave has made this point repeatedly in various Harry Potter threads.

npotterposter7.jpg

Give me a break. Companies underestimate demand constantly. That's why the Matty He-Man 2.0 is selling for double MSRP right now, and why the first Hot Toys Hawkeye was selling for triple or quadruple MSRP for years. Figures released early in a line being underproduced is hardly a phenomenon.

School Robes Ron is the -ONLY- figure in this line to sell out from all retailers, and has been sold out for over a year. That's gotta count for something.

Of course Ron isn't as popular as Harry or Hermione. It's Ron. That's not his job. It's not his fault that his narrative function and characterization are hurting his merch sales in the muggle world.

Now about those other characters, Darklord Dave - any hints beyond what's already been teased?

There are a few non-Harry and non-Hermione figures coming this year.

Good to hear!

As for dress robes...they look ghastly. Having to look at his costume in the movie is enough for me -- I don't need to own a version of it IRL.

npotterposter7.jpg

I will buy the $10 funko of this.... and only because I own all the HP funkos and my collection would feel incomplete without him :lol

I am passing on the Yule Ball Hermione and definatley would pass on this. Maybe it would be a good seller, but it just isn't something I would buy for $200+

You didn't get Ron Weasley. But you hope for all the figures from the first movie? Is it just so you can see if they do them?

I didnt get the Ron Weasley when he first came out no, and now in most places I am finding him priced too high. As for the other figures they are most of my fave characters from the books so would love to see them in figure form.

Give me a break. Companies underestimate demand constantly. That's why the Matty He-Man 2.0 is selling for double MSRP right now, and why the first Hot Toys Hawkeye was selling for triple or quadruple MSRP for years. Figures released early in a line being underproduced is hardly a phenomenon.

School Robes Ron is the -ONLY- figure in this line to sell out from all retailers, and has been sold out for over a year. That's gotta count for something.

It's not underestimating demand. Star Ace simply didn't want to run the risk of excess inventory. Look at Mad-Eye Moody -- there's so much leftover stock that Amazon sold him for half off in December.

That's what underestimating demand is. =P

The only figure to sell through in under less than one year on sale can't be considered a bad seller. If anything, the fact that Ron sold out so quickly led to stores over-ordering Mad Eye Moody when he went on sale after Ron sold out faster than expected and stores couldn't meet demand.

Here's the ten I want to see:

1. Remus Lupin
2. Buckbeak
3. Minerva McGonagall
4. Crookshanks
5. Luna Lovegood
6. Neville Longbottom
7. Fred Weasley
8. George Weasley
9. Lily Evans Potter
10. James Potter

Here's the ten I want to see: