Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d take Hasbro at this point. 6” figures from them would be... acceptable. Macfarlanes **** is as bad as Star Aces

I would say it is doubtful. Hot Toys only would stick to the heavy hitters. I imagine even their foray into Fantastic Beasts was not worth their while. I am stoked they got made but I bet we won't see any others. I think Sideshow has abandoned doing 1/6 figures aside from DC stuff. Big Chief does really niche stuff, so maybe them? But I have doubts.

With the work Asmus has been doing on their Lord of the Rings line, I would personally love to see them take on Potter stuff.
I think everyone anticipated more out of Fantastic Beasts 2, which is why HT jumped on it the way they did for IT Chapter 2.

All that to be said, I'm happy to have Newt as a character, even if the films aren't my favorite. But I do agree that HT will be done with that line for the foreseeable future, and I'm sure both the figures will get steeply discounted in time.

Hope you're right about the steep discount. That Johnny Depp figure is great, still haven't gotten around to seeing that movie.

I think everyone anticipated more out of Fantastic Beasts 2, which is why HT jumped on it the way they did for IT Chapter 2.

All that to be said, I'm happy to have Newt as a character, even if the films aren't my favorite. But I do agree that HT will be done with that line for the foreseeable future, and I'm sure both the figures will get steeply discounted in time.

This annoys me, because while the likeness is certainly not Star Ace's worst, it fails to capture the essence of the character in almost every way, IMHO. Lupin was always one of may favorite ancillary characters in the saga. And what he meant to Harry and for Harry's development as a character is hard to overstate. He was a mentor and a friend.

But this malevolent look on the face of the figure conveys NONE of that! Its almost as if the sculptor had never heard of Harry Potter or Lupin at all and was just handed a photo of the actor and told that he was a werewolf in the movies, and off he/she went creating the sculpt. Lupin was kind and protective of the big three (especially Harry), a key figure in the Order of the Phoenix, and this figure just looks like a guy ready to pounce on an innocent bystander. Maybe its just me, but its a total miss in my eyes...and nothing to do with physical likeness.

P.S. Who in the world is going to display him with the transforming head? That literally never happened in the films (unless my memory needs so serious jogging...)

Last edited:
Oooo Chronicle Collectibles announced that they have the Harry Potter license now. I'm curious to see what the license entails / if it possibly is for anything 1:6 scale.

Well received Luna in her casual outfit today. Her clothes are really nice and detailed. Face is meh...decent enough, especially since I will be using the glasses. Lots and lots of hair. I wish I was better and managing that but i'm not so it is what it is. My main problem I have is her height which I knew going in I wasnt going to be happy with. Instead of being smart and putting her on the Hermione teenager body they used the first year. Dont know if I could swap her clothes on the teenager body instead but I kinda doubt the jacket will look right. Overall I am happy I picked her up, as she will be displayed by herself for now.

IMG_20191119_193216_948.jpg

Screenshot_20191119-193504_Instagram.jpg

Nice pictures of Luna, kltrooper. I have orderd her as well. To bad with the hight. Same with casual Ginny :(

Nice pictures of Luna, kltrooper. I have orderd her as well. To bad with the hight. Same with casual Ginny :(
Thank you. I have been messing with different ankle pegs and trying to come up with something to give her a height boost. I'll post if I'm able to make something work.

Well I took the ankle pegs out and replaced them with a wire clothes hanger lol. Dont know of any really long joints, so I made what I had work. Turned out pretty good and her leg warmers cover them up perfectly. Was able to add probably between 3/4 to an inch of height. Not perfect but way better.

Screenshot_20191123-214020_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20191123-214922_Gallery.jpg

For anyone who has Ginny/Luna - does it seem like the heads could be put on a larger body (like teen Hermione)? Or would they look too small? Thanks!

I have Ginny and her head is saller then teen Hermione. Its about the same size as the Hermione head that QuiGonFishing has been using on his his teen Hermione.
You can see some pictures of that in this thrad https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174777&page=34

I personally think the head looks a bit to small fore the body. I have not taken of Ginnys head to see if the pegs match.

Back