Official Harry Potter Figure Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the pics are selling him a bit short. I’m pretty pleased with him. The likeness works nicely in hand. I mean the paint jobs from Star Ace will never approach Hot Toys in terms of detail, but Remus is probably my favorite secondary character in the franchise, so I’m very happy with this representation!

Ill fitting suit...check

2010 painted eyes...check

Likeness 60%...check

2010 paint aps (no not Hot Toys 2010...lol)...check

Star Ace has a winner...

:(. Ok, I?ll take the pictures down....

Thanks for taking the time to post the pictures. I think the likeness is there. I agree the paint is not up to the standard set by the other leading companies (if this had a top paint job I think it would look really good). The cast of the head seems a bit less detailed / softer than the proto (which is to be expected some extent but the flatter paint might be exaggerating it here). The clothes are ok, I think it is only really the jacket that could do with looking sharper (a thinner material would have been better). By Star Ace standards this is definitely one for the win column but with some adjustments (better paint and thinner material for suit) it could have looked so much better. I agree with the comment that they should avoid using the cut between upper neck and head with suited characters like this one, it is an unnecessary distraction from the overall aesthetic.

I agree, and even though I have no illusions that Star Ace didn?t just fall into this, the ill-fitting suit is consistent with the character if you know his back story...

A great watch if you?re a serious Potter fan and like and appreciate Lupin like I do (and have 32 minutes or so to kill, lol)

I've always liked the idea of a werewolf wizard and was hoping to like this figure more ... but maybe I can pick this up cheaply down the road.

It looks awful.

Really? I know very few of these Star Ace effort can stand within a mile of Hot Toys, but I?m pretty happy with this one. Maybe this shot is better. I think the left profile might be the most flattering. I also enhanced the eyes a bit because the lighting in my studio kept washing them out and that makes a big difference in making him look more lifelike.

87A9B992B83A43E594A4.jpeg

Really? I know very few of these Star Ace effort can stand within a mile of Hot Toys, but I?m pretty happy with this one. Maybe this shot is better. I think the left profile might be the most flattering. I also enhanced the eyes a bit because the lighting in my studio kept washing them out and that makes a big difference in making him look more lifelike.

The headsculpt...while not great...actually looks better than what I have come to expect from Star Ace...the suit, however, looks awful. It kills the whole figure. The tailoring does not appear to be up to the standard of the 9 inch Star Trek figures from Playmates that I used to pick up at Toys R Us.

kirk.jpeg

Well, Lupin was poor and his clothes were second hand, so this really doesn?t bother me much. I also think the photos excentuate the poor fit somewhat. It?s not nearly as distracting in hand.

But Lupin is one of my favorites. Happy to have this represtation (until Hot Toys gets the license, lol). I?m a pretty big critic of the crap this company has been pumping out lately, so I?ll call a spade a spade, but I?m also not so jaded that I can?t recognize one that comes out a little better than the rest. I?m sure I?m slightly biased because this is one I was hoping they?d make since the licens was announced. Not trying to sell anyone on the figure, he just works for me.

3BA99C086DF14A11B937.jpeg

The sculpt isn?t too bad, but the paint app looks very cheap. It bothers me the prices they ask for considering the quality of the product.

As long as you enjoy it dude.

I have their Voldermort and although it could use a slightly better paint job, i think overall it looks good.

Well, Lupin was poor and his clothes were second hand, so this really doesn?t bother me much. I also think the photos excentuate the poor fit somewhat. It?s not nearly as distracting in hand.

But Lupin is one of my favorites. Happy to have this represtation (until Hot Toys gets the license, lol). I?m a pretty big critic of the crap this company has been pumping out lately, so I?ll call a spade a spade, but I?m also not so jaded that I can?t recognize one that comes out a little better than the rest. I?m sure I?m slightly biased because this is one I was hoping they?d make since the licens was announced. Not trying to sell anyone on the figure, he just works for me.

3BA99C086DF14A11B937.jpeg

Nice photo. Looks way, way better than some of their other recent efforts. I think the sculpt looks pretty good. :)

Its a shame Lupin doesn't include his professors robes. With the right material it would finish the look nicely.

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

Any pics with the ?wolf? head?
Hey guys, I think I may be the only one on the planet who has this in hand. I may also be the only one who ordered him! Went looking for in hand pics everywhere on the web when Star Ace sent me a shipping notice and found nothing.

Anyway, I think we may have a rare Star Ace winner on our hands. Remus looks pretty damned good if you ask me!

Here are some pics:

4875A752E3E6460DBE54.jpeg

96B9EAF380B64B3598E5.jpeg

7B2FE8DB8F0C41A5A2C9.jpeg

A little customized cloak and I’m happy with how he’s turned out! Hope teen Draco comes out as well! 3D647101-4E7B-4AF4-8E48-1C8AE99609B8.jpeg

Attachments

• 5265A4BD-E104-45D0-8317-C3D80C85D3BE.jpg
    5265A4BD-E104-45D0-8317-C3D80C85D3BE.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 113
Back