Official Enterbay-Hot Toys Bruce Lee Line General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of manly pursuits...I'm sure it's buried in this thread somewhere, but can anyone tell me about outfitting a HT body with a GoD track suit and shoes? Is the original EB suit considered better or worse than the innumerable knock-offs that seem to be available? How's the fit or were people using different bodies for kit-bashing?

The Enterbay GoD suits and shoes work and look fine with the Hot Toys bodies.
There are a few different types of Enterbay suits and they are all fine but the 3rd release (GoD Behind the Scenes) is probably best with the shortened arms on the suit. In 1/6 scale the fabric bunches up a lot when rolling it up to his elbows the way he wore it in the movies. Having the sleeves already shortened and not full length gives a better look IMO

The Enterbay GoD suits and shoes work and look fine with the Hot Toys bodies.
There are a few different types of Enterbay suits and they are all fine but the 3rd release (GoD Behind the Scenes) is probably best with the shortened arms on the suit. In 1/6 scale the fabric bunches up a lot when rolling it up to his elbows the way he wore it in the movies. Having the sleeves already shortened and not full length gives a better look IMO

Hey, thanks for the reply. I spent (too much :lol ) time looking through old posts and came to that same conclusion. Just snagged the full GoD Behind The Scenes outfit with the shortened arms.

I love the Enter The Dragon look and prefer the film, but for a display shelf that yellow track-suit really pops. I actually have an extra body so I could just display both, but will likely opt for the one look for brevity's sake.

Is the Enterbay suit likely to stain the DX04 body? I may pick up a spare if so, just to keep a full set pristine.

Hey, thanks for the reply. I spent (too much :lol ) time looking through old posts and came to that same conclusion. Just snagged the full GoD Behind The Scenes outfit with the shortened arms.

I love the Enter The Dragon look and prefer the film, but for a display shelf that yellow track-suit really pops. I actually have an extra body so I could just display both, but will likely opt for the one look for brevity's sake.

Is the Enterbay suit likely to stain the DX04 body? I may pick up a spare if so, just to keep a full set pristine.

Will probably stain the body.

Also, if your gonna make a GOD Bruce, by the love of god do not use the DX04 HT Sculpt. Its the ugliest combination ever.

Also, if your gonna make a GOD Bruce, by the love of god do not use the DX04 HT Sculpt. Its the ugliest combination ever.

But tell me how you really feel... :rotfl

Actually, I've seen different results. Sometimes the modded BD head sculpt looks okay, in other photos neither sculpt looks right. I've begun doing research on head sculpts. Any recommendations?

But tell me how you really feel... :rotfl

Actually, I've seen different results. Sometimes the modded BD head sculpt looks okay, in other photos neither sculpt looks right. I've begun doing research on head sculpts. Any recommendations?

Arnie Kim's Enterbay - Enter the Dragon Ver A or B sculpt.

Or the DX04 HS, with the Hair sculpt from EB ETD A or B.

good suggestions from stanlore.i think you would have to go with a ''knockoff'' A or B though (ebay) or there's a BD sculpt for the BL1 statue that's on ebay/sale sometimes.or I've used a FOF calm sculpt(I saw one on ebay recently) with a VB hair piece,play around until your happy.

Arnie Kim's Enterbay - Enter the Dragon Ver A or B sculpt.

Or the DX04 HS, with the Hair sculpt from EB ETD A or B.

good suggestions from stanlore.i think you would have to go with a ''knockoff'' A or B though (ebay) or there's a BD sculpt for the BL1 statue that's on ebay/sale sometimes.or I've used a FOF calm sculpt(I saw one on ebay recently) with a VB hair piece,play around until your happy.

Thanks for the information...I'll take my time and see what I can get my hands on. In the meantime I'll enjoy my DX04 as-is...patience tends to pay-off when kit-bashing...

Spent some more time sifting through the archives. Man, some serious debates raged through these pages when the figures were originally released. :rotfl

Par for the course and all that. I don't want to open up a can of worms here, but I keep drawing two conclusions regarding 1/6:

1. Enterbay sculpts often look great, but between being dated and production vs. prototype quality, they suffer a bit.

2. Some Enterbay sculpts almost look like great "illustrations" that capture Bruce in a way that HT did not, but lack the photorealism HT can convey to push a sculpt over the top.

Of course it comes down to things like personal preference, hair etc.

go with the setup that suits you my friend:)

As always. :)

Hunting the aftermarket for OOP items is a mix of fun and frustration. I do enjoy the chase, but sometimes you just want something out of the box and ready to roll.

Did I read it right, that Enterbay has a new 1/6 scale offering coming up? Another Black Label statue...? So out of the loop.

its described by EB as ''the ultimate bruce lee'',is a figure ,but after the really disappointing(i'm being generous there)big boss.EB have much to do to get it right,as bruce's b'day is just over 3 months away,so I don't see them getting done by then.

its described by EB as ''the ultimate bruce lee'',is a figure ,but after the really disappointing(i'm being generous there)big boss.EB have much to do to get it right,as bruce's b'day is just over 3 months away,so I don't see them getting done by then.
I'm guessing announcement in November followed by a year end release date.
I'm looking forward to this Ultimate Bruce Lee figure and really hope they will do juatice this time.
The Big Boss was a half and half. The body and screaming headsculpt is great. But the normal face was terrible.
Enterbay has great potential if only they listen and if someone can put down his ego.
Bruce Lee was confident because he knows what hes doing and he spend a lkng time preparing himself. But he also listens and know how to be humble.

From what I've seen, Enterbay is a company with great potential, but I agree that their Big Boss figure was surprisingly lacklustre overall, and like many 1/6 companies (Hot Toys included) they can be inconsistent.

I'm hoping they have at least one amazing Bruce Lee figure left in them; can't imagine which one they would do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enterbay's idea of the ideal Bruce Lee is probably a Bruce lee doll wearing a Lebron James jersey and Kobe Bryant kicks.

Don't give them any ideas Y4NK33.

For the record, the Big Boss figure is pretty great, the clothes, body and screaming sculpt is top notch.

The only problem was the price, barebone accessories, and the neutral HS. The fact some people cheaped out and just bought the bootleg screaming HS did not help matters. The head is a little bigger when placed on the typical Bruce bodies (which is why you need the original body), and the paint was crap. The original is actually quite nice. I vouche for it.

(And my credibility goes out the window).

[...] For the record, the Big Boss figure is pretty great, the clothes, body and screaming sculpt is top notch.[...]

I don't mind getting lively expressions on head sculpts, not everything has to be neutral, but I feel like the screaming sculpt is almost too lively or I probably would have checked it out. Shame about the neutral sculpt, IMO.

So there is an "ultimate" version coming from Enterbay?

I don't know, when I hear ultimate something, I expect it to include many headsculpts and accessories as well as features that have benefited the figure.

For example at least 3 headsculpts with interchangeable hairsculpts and moveable eyes. A redone body similar to the Hot Toys body or even similar to the one used on their own first figures. No seamless rubber crap covering the important joints.

And if course, make good sculpts. After the Kato release, all the sculpts they have done have been bad

The Ultimate Bruce Lee limited edition 1/6:
2 interchangeable heads, with skin color that changes with the sunlight (white, yellow and black)
2 bodies: a muscular body, a body fat
2 clothes inevitable NBA (equal)
Price: $ 800.00

ultimate.jpg

Back