Official Enterbay-Hot Toys Bruce Lee Line General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could build a pretty complicated mind-map diagram of what happened next... Hot Toys snagging Arnie Kim and then sneaking their way around the Bruce Lee license until the Lee estate granted EB exclusive 1/6 AF rights... no more Kim 1/6 AF Lee... and the worst DX ever that people won't let Kim ever forget... Kim's move to Blitzway that only yielded one superb 1/6 figure and no others... EB deciding that the NBA was their next honeypot and neglecting Lee altogether - but not before delivering the ugliest Lee doll ever. Ugh.

It has been quite the journey...and seems to involve multiple companies trying to get around exclusives.

What would you guys say is the definitive Bruce figure? I just saw the Enterbay Big Boss figure for around $150 on Ebay.

Its a tough one since quality increases have been so rapid that MOSTLY, each new release blew away the previous one.

But Enterbay's last 2 releases really missed the mark:
- Game of Death 3: Behind the scenes: They attempted to use a new rubber body that didn't work well and a new eye system that resulted in sculpts warping.
- Big Boss: Bare bones release with high price tag and a huge step down in sculpt likeness

I'd probably put Hot Toys Enter the Dragon DX as the high point for Bruce Lee releases.
It was a huge set with a ton of accessories (including dioramas) with no real weak points.....their have been slightly better sculpts but nothing better overall.

If we can cheat slightly and also include 1/4 figures, then the Enterbay Way of the Dragon 1/4 Bruce Lee was right up there as well.

Its a tough one since quality increases have been so rapid that MOSTLY, each new release blew away the previous one.

But Enterbay's last 2 releases really missed the mark:
- Game of Death 3: Behind the scenes: They attempted to use a new rubber body that didn't work well and a new eye system that resulted in sculpts warping.
- Big Boss: Bare bones release with high price tag and a huge step down in sculpt likeness

I'd probably put Hot Toys Enter the Dragon DX as the high point for Bruce Lee releases.
It was a huge set with a ton of accessories (including dioramas) with no real weak points.....their have been slightly better sculpts but nothing better overall.

If we can cheat slightly and also include 1/4 figures, then the Enterbay Way of the Dragon 1/4 Bruce Lee was right up there as well.
Thanks for the info. I've wanted a Bruce figure for a while, just haven't acted on it yet. I was unimpressed with the Big Boss sculpt from what I could see. The Enter the Dragon set looks pretty good, just the prices seem to be soaring though... I'll have to keep an eye out for a good price. I'm a 1/6 collector, but that 1/4 does look awesome.

I saw these pics on OSR today and it renewed my interest in a figure. I love the idea of Bruce Lee giving pointers to Bruce Wayne.

dcd7f0159668384ac44f7e619b26cba8.jpg

It really depends on what your favorite Bruce Lee movie is.

The HT - DX04 is bang for buck. Dioramas, accessories, costumes, 2 HS's. The full package. Only thing is the HS is ugly, doesn't really look like him.

The 1/4th Way of the Dragon is the best figure in my opinion.

However, if we are talking about 1/6, although its an older release and is rare, the EB-ETD Ver A and B are still the best.

I agree about the likeness of the dx-04 it wasn't great.at 1/6 the enterbay ETD vA and FOF are both great representations of bruce,and the 1/4 WOTD1008 is also very good too.

In my opinion the best Bruce Lee sculpt is the one Arnie never released. Well, except for Hot Toyz screwing this up big time - which did not come close to this one. I think this is the perfect one.

Hot-Toys-Arnie-Kim-Bruce-Lee-Smiling-Headsculpt-3.jpg

YJ Kim (what was the last thing he sculpted?) had the best 'Game Of Death' portrait I think. Although, there is still room for improvement.

42143979.jpg

215447_220338247982423_100000187494567_1044137_5314960_n2_zps0fa4c6d2.jpg

But AK has the best overall likeness with his WotD sculpt.

Blitzway's new portrait on the Enter the Dragon 1/3 statue I believe is the best Lee portrait.

I saw this Enterbay interview on hong kong figure club and here's part of what was mentioned about their Bruce Lee development:

" 12. Bruce Lee李小龍會不會有新技術新產品推出?

答:李小龍對ENTERBAY來說有著特別意義,05年我們的創業作就是李小龍,也讓整個行業開始產生變化,李小龍系列也一路引領著我們品牌前期的發展。
為紀念今年李小龍先生誕辰75周年,及紀念我們ENTERBAY品牌成立10周年和第一款李小龍Figure誕生10周年,在今年11月27日我們會發表並推出「終極一款」的李小龍Figure紀念作來向這位傳奇致敬,並以限量形式推出,製作出一款最好的李小龍Figure來答謝各位10年來對我們品牌的支持。"

It roughly translates to this year will be Enterbay's 10th anniversary and 75th birthday for Bruce Lee. On Nov 27th, they will announce a limited edition of Bruce Lee figure for the fans.

Last edited:
Back