Official 1/6 Rambo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Rambo Line Thread

Those Rambo figures are in awesome condition, bro! :clap How do you keep the rubber torso glossy? My Rambo 2 has lost its glossy texture. :gah:
Any tips would be appreciated, thanks bro. :wave

I just keep them in a glass case and keep my hands off it as much as I can

Rambo 2 has lost it's gloss, but the others are ok:

400147675.jpg

395206526.jpg

How's yours holding up?

My Rambo 2 is matte compared to FB and 3, but I actually like that, the semi-shiny quality of the other 2 is a bit toyish.

As long as there are no tears it's all good. Do you handle them a lot?

Yes, I handle them a lot, as I practice photography with 1 or 2 figures at a time. I do this all in an air-conditioned room, to try & prevent humidity from effin' up the rubber. Always handle Rambo 2 & 3 though, rarely the First Blood.

I am also looking into getting just extra sculpts of these, and kitbash new Rambo figures so I can just keep the originals on display, while the kitbashed Rambos use the new TTM19 body & I can do whatever look I want.

@Maulfan - Yeah, Sean. Too glossy is too toyish. I'm glad the texture of my Rambo 3 & First Blood is glossy, but not to a point that it looks very shiny.

I just wish the modern hands were done for some figure in the same skin tones, Rambos would look so much better without those Hasbro-style glove looking hands.

I also haven't made up my mind on what type of hands I'll use for the M65 version. They still have the standard HT hands they came with in the boxed set.

You think these pistol-grip hands will do the "sleeping bag-holding" action much better?

!BZopTZQBWk~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLmeN7IBKnrzjv7Zg~~_12.JPG

It's all about accuracy and how important it is to you, I'm of the mind that if it ain't broke don't fix it. While the hands are the older style, I would not switch them up unless I had an extra pair lying around. They don't look THAT bad do they?

It's all about accuracy and how important it is to you, I'm of the mind that if it ain't broke don't fix it. While the hands are the older style, I would not switch them up unless I had an extra pair lying around. They don't look THAT bad do they?

For the First Blood and Rambo 2, no, because those figures have toyish heads, but Rambo 3 and M65 are so lifelike, the cheesy hands to detract a bit. Problem is, Hot Toys only used that skin tone briefly and only with those types of hands so there's no swap out.

My favorite is the part II figure because that's his iconic look for me. I know it looks the least realistic but it has a grasp on me while growing up and watching the movies.

I guess they don't look bad at all, it's just that the hands that the M65 version that's displayed in the box is different to what they gave (changed them at the last minute/release):

*Hands displayed in the box are for gripping
399945714.jpg

*Hands that were in the set were semi-relaxed/general-grip hands
399945718.jpg

That may be too O.C.D. now, but I guess you're right. Don't change/modify unless you have an extra lying around, to avoid any "accidents". This is why I love this forum, I get perspective from other collectors instead of going through this hobby alone. :hi5:

@CriterionCollector - Just my opinion.. The M65 version is not too much on accessories & figure-awesomeness, but very iconic & captures the First Blood/Rambo essence that's why Rambo fans love it so much, probably more than the Rambo 3 which is hands-down the best boxed set of all the Rambo figures if you talk about what's in the box & value for money.

I have a nostalgic love for it, as it is also my iconic look, for which I wouldn't mind HT doing a remake to have a really good figure of it, but also, it was the first high end 1/6 figure I ever got. I ordered a couple before him but he arrived first and was my break into this hobby.

M65 is a beauty figure, but it's not really the 'icon' figure like pt.3.

I think of it this way, Rambo 2/3 and Rocky 3/4 are the iconic looks of the films. But, M65 Rambo and a possible HT Street Clothes Rocky would beautifully represent the film cannon which would ultimately give birth to the icons.

M65 is a beauty figure, but it's not really the 'icon' figure like pt.3.

I think of it this way, Rambo 2/3 and Rocky 3/4 are the iconic looks of the films. But, M65 Rambo and a possible HT Street Clothes Rocky would beautifully represent the film cannon which would ultimately give birth to the icons.

:exactly: :goodpost:

The Super Soldier version: Rambo 3/2
The War-Emo version: HT M65 Jacket version

Back