Oct. 30th "Ask Sideshow" LOTR Q&A

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
popcornj.gif

I can see him now: :monkey2 "WHY SIDESHOW -sob- WHY-HY-HY-HY?!?!?!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Really. Because LOTR sells so well, right? What else do they currently produce besides dios and PFs?! Um..... crickets? The overpriced framed paintings and film frames don't even sell. Hence why they gave away a fat chunk at Spook. Outside of that, NADA. You keep praying that The Hobbit will rekindle interest. There's so much lag on that movie, it's like trying to fly a cement boat. Once they get the ball rolling, the Joe license will make its way up and trump LOTR. Why? More interest and less fickle fans. They've already announced dios and PFs for it. Hell, they sold out a dumb corner of a house, just because it was licensed! There's also the DC license that was hinted at during spook. Should they develop the Twilight license (see yesterday's Q&A), while I think all things Twilight should be flushed down a bedazzled toilet bowl, it'll easily usurp the LOTR license.

Additionally, the fact that nobody's seen the likes of Merry or Pippin or even the much demanded Gimli speaks volumes of the failing license. ToyBiz bailed before going belly up (lotta support there), even DiD who jumped ship before the second wave. Where are all the 1:1 and 1:4 props now? Newline had to liquidate the LOTR product in their store. That's everything from GG busts and 1:1 props to finely crafted jewelry boxes at 75% off and up, JUST TO GET RID OF IT! To be honest, the only thing I think keeping this license afloat is Sideshow's love for all things Tolkien. So you keep praying to all the little dragon statues that riddle your home and huddle with your D&D friends on Friday nights thinking you know what you're talking about. In the end, Pixeltwin's prediction will come to light.

I just love it when some of you brain surgeons, who've never collected LOTR a single day in your life, try to enlighten those of us who've collected for years. :rotfl I'll try and type s..l..o..w...l..y..... for you so you can keep up. There is also something called L....S....B's..... and they've produced 11 of them in the last three years, all except 3 completely S..o..l..d O..u..t

And what are you talking about.....framed pictures and film frames :confused: Jerry's LOTR litho's are hardly overpriced and none were given away at Spook. And the film frames were never....ever sold by SS genius. Again, your knowledge of LOTR is underwhelming. :rolleyes:

And really, SS's love for Tolkien keeps the licence afloat....like the 12" line :lol If you think SS or any other company produces anything where they are not making an acceptable profit you are dumber than I already suspect you are......:duh Now run along, go back to whatever licence you do actually collect, play with your dolls....whatever. I've wasted enough time on someone who doesn't have the slightest clue what he's talking about :wave

nam collects LOTR and was the driving force behind the custom Gimli project which saw about 20 people make their own Gimli using his ideas.

nam collects LOTR and was the driving force behind the custom Gimli project which saw about 20 people make their own Gimli using his ideas.

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. But hey, if searching for that XXXL Boris Vallejo shirt gives someone enough of a superiority complex to think they know it all, so be it. Lord Flabious has spoken. Guess I'm off to sell all my Weta stuff, 1:4 scale helmets, 1:1 replicas and other LOTR collectibles since I apparently don't collect the stuff and don't know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

Really. Because LOTR sells so well, right? What else do they currently produce besides dios and PFs?! Um..... crickets? The overpriced framed paintings and film frames don't even sell. Hence why they gave away a fat chunk at Spook. Outside of that, NADA. You keep praying that The Hobbit will rekindle interest. There's so much lag on that movie, it's like trying to fly a cement boat. Disney (since it already has) for starters. Once they get the ball rolling, the Joe license will make its way up and trump LOTR. Why? More interest and less fickle fans. They've already announced dios and PFs for it. Hell, they sold out a dumb corner of a house, just because it was licensed! There's also the DC license that was hinted at during spook. Should they develop the Twilight license (see yesterday's Q&A), while I think all things Twilight should be flushed down a bedazzled toilet bowl, it'll easily usurp the LOTR license.

Additionally, the fact that nobody's seen the likes of Merry or Pippin or even the much demanded Gimli speaks volumes of the failing license. ToyBiz bailed before going belly up (lotta support there), even DiD who jumped ship before the second wave. Where are all the 1:1 and 1:4 props now? Newline had to liquidate the LOTR product in their store. That's everything from GG busts and 1:1 props to finely crafted jewelry boxes at 75% off and up, JUST TO GET RID OF IT! To be honest, the only thing I think keeping this license afloat is Sideshow's love for all things Tolkien. So you keep praying to all the little dragon statues that riddle your home and huddle with your D&D friends on Friday nights thinking you know what you're talking about. In the end, Pixeltwin's prediction will come to light.... and to think you called me delusional. :lol:rolleyes:

with his statement above, seems like he has no love for his LOTR collection, if what you say is true. doesn't sound so much of an LOTR driving force to me either. right now i'm actually losing his point. what was the guy blabbering about again?

personally, i don't think there's any use discussing about the 12" line because you might as well see them included in ss's THE DEAD (get it?!:lol). if the guy is not yet over it being cancelled, and still in all praises about his weta pieces, then by all means, let's just let him be. it's not like sideshow will resurrect his doll line if he continues to exhaust the pages on this thread.

lastly, told you woodsy will have something to say about this!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

with his statement above, seems like he has no love for his LOTR collection, if what you say is true. doesn't sound so much of an LOTR driving force to me either. right now i'm actually losing his point. what was the guy blabbering about again?

personally, i don't think there's any use discussing about the 12" line because you might as well see them included in ss's THE DEAD (get it?!:lol). if the guy is not yet over it being cancelled, and still in all praises about his weta pieces, then by all means, let's just let him be. it's not like sideshow will resurrect his doll line if he continues to exhaust the pages on this thread.

lastly, told you woodsy will have something to say about this!:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

You guys must be sharing the same spray painted handkerchief. :dunno

I've forgotten what this thread was about.

Whether you collect 1:6/LSB/Dio's/PF's or SSW, we all love LOTR and thats all that matters :rock :grouphug
x :wave

I've forgotten what this thread was about.

Whether you collect 1:6/LSB/Dio's/PF's or SSW, we all love LOTR and thats all that matters :rock :grouphug
x :wave

Honestly, this thread should've been locked up after the initial post, deleted and the OP PM'd "It's over... let it go and move on."

Some people can't see the forest for the trees. But hey, if searching for that XXXL Boris Vallejo shirt gives someone enough of a superiority complex to think they know it all, so be it. Lord Flabious has spoken. Guess I'm off to sell all my Weta stuff, 1:4 scale helmets, 1:1 replicas and other LOTR collectibles since I apparently don't collect the stuff and don't know what I'm talking about. :rolleyes:

see i knew it! told you he was still living in a line that existed almost a decade ago!:lol:lol:lol go ahead and sell them then start collecting sideshow's LOTR PFs (that's premium format), LSBs (legendary scale busts) and dioramas and maybe you'd grow an appreciation towards these pieces and actually enjoy those that are currently being released right now instead of whining about those long lost lines you collect...just a suggestion.:monkey3

Well mikki had you been around longer than a few months and possess an opinion people here care about (you might get there someday) mayhap you would be better equipped to comment. :D

Again, I think the context of what nam said has entirely escaped a few of you.

see i knew it! told you he was still living in a line that existed almost a decade ago!:lol:lol:lol go ahead and sell them then start collecting sideshow's LOTR PFs (that's premium format), LSBs (legendary scale busts) and dioramas and maybe you'd grow an appreciation towards these pieces and actually enjoy those that are currently being released right now instead of whining about those long lost lines you collect...just a suggestion.:monkey3

So I guess the Berserker and Orc PFs don't count then, right? The difference is, I'm not a snobby elitist when it comes to LOTR collectibles. You should really know who you're talking to before you post garbage like that. It'd make you look smarter. ;)

Well since this thread became turned into the usual hostile remarks and insults sugar coated as a lively debate, I think it is time to stop.

The issue of SS and the LOTR line, be it current set up or the discontinued 1/6 line can be discussed forever and a day. As can the 'who is better? SS or SSW' subject but unless it is done with tact and respect for differing and sometimes opposing opinions it just becomes a back and forth between members which ruins it for everyone.
So, thread locked.
x :peace

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back