Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a huge color difference IMO .. shouldn't be like this..

its a huge color difference IMO .. shouldn't be like this..

Which one do you prefer?

I dont know what I prefer, but the lighter one is what is being displayed now.

EDIT: Also, the one with lighter hair is more of a pale colored skin tone, where the darker haired one is more reddish.... it looks kinda like a light sun burn..... (OH, and the light haired on DOES have pupils, I think the flash took them away.)

I like the darker one better.. looks more natural.. also the eyes might look better..
but thats just from the point of view of what I can take out of the pictures your provided.. in person it might be different

yes, my photo skills are not that great and I have a crappy camera. The lighter haired one looks nice, and the eyes are about the same on both. I jsut have the lighter one on as it reminds me more of "Old Ben" from ANH.

got'cha.. and the grey hair makes him look older for sure :D

lucky you.. I still wait for feedback from SSC !!! Its frustrating !

lucky you.. I still wait for feedback from SSC !!! Its frustrating !

WOW.... hmmmm..... I called SS Customer Service on 3.25 and the person I spoke with sent me an email immediately. I responded with pictures to that email within 45 minutes of getting that original email.

The person then forwarded it the Returns Department that afternoon, and then they (the person I originally spoke with) sent me an email confirming that she forwarded it to them.

I got a response from the Returns Department two days later on 3.27 with an apology and said it has been scheduled to ship. I got an email notification yesterday (4.1) that it was scheduled to ship and then another today (4.2) that it has been shipped and the tracking number says it is scheduled to be here on Friday.

Weird, as I thought I read from other people that they had inquired about replacement parts or statues BEFORE I inquired.

I feel bad for you guys and gals that have to wait. I dont think I did anything special. I called, and responded to an email. Everyhting else has been in thier hands.... :dunno

I received an email from Kathy from Sideshow on 3-25 that she got my pics and would forward them to the Returns department...just waiting to hear back from them on what to do.

seems to me they work a bit faster when you call them directly. I've only had to deal with CS a few times. Whenever I went through the website email process it was longer to wait as opposed to when I called them first.

they are having me do nothing with it that i know of yet..... looks like I get to keep it.

I got no instructions to send it back in the email response from the Returns Department, and it definately was not in the tracking information. But they might ask me to return it in the box that I get the Ewan head in. But as of now, I have not had any instructions as to what to do with it.

As you can see in the photos that I sent SS, there is a difference in the color of the beard. One is more grey than the other one. So now I have two variants of the Guinness head. :lol

ObiWanHeadShots001_zps59b0268c.jpg

ObiWanHeadShots002_zps1fdda236.jpg

Consider yourself lucky! :)

Well, I just received this email back from Sideshow regarding my Obi Wan Statue with the chip and damaged open hand:

Dear Jon,

Thank you very much for your patience and for the pictures you provided. Please review the options below to see how we will be able to best assist you in this matter.

If you would like to keep your Ben Kenobi as is, we can offer you a $40.00 Sideshow Collectibles credit that can be used on a future purchase. If there is something from our website that you are thinking about ordering, let us know the item number and we will book the order for you and apply this credit to that purchase. This offer is valid on any in-stock or preorder items listed in our online store.

Another option, instead of the Sideshow Collectibles credit, we can offer you a $35.00 refund directly back to the credit card on file used to pay for the item. Please note however, if you accept the Sideshow Collectibles credit or partial refund, the case will be closed and you will not be eligible for a further refund or an exchange on this item.

If you choose one of the above options, we will also send you a replacement for the damaged hand.

Please let us know what you would like to do. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall do my best to assist you.

Best Regards,

Daniel Campisi
Returns Representative

I'm kinda torn on what to do here and to be honest, I'm a bit pissed that they don't want to just replace the body for me...granted, the chip in the polystone isn't something that is seen from the front, but it can be easily spotted if you turn the statue. This is the first thing that I've had an issue with from Sideshow and the only thing I have ever had to contact them over in all the years I have been collecting their stuff. I guess the only way they are going to take it back is if I send it in for a full refund? Once again, here are a couple pictures of the broken piece. What would you all do?

photo-1_zps15ec28c9.jpg

image_8_zps9c087042.jpeg

I would send the whole thing back. SS isn't afraid to ask top dollar for their statues, so we should expect top quality statues; and this is not top quality.

Jon Z: I guess I wouldsend it back for a full refund and then reorder it if you really want it. Maybe the second batch will be better.

I would not keep it either.

In case anyone's interested, I blogged about this and the Padawan Obi-wan figure while drinking a flagon of wine and listening to Iron Maiden. :wave

"I have the fire,
I have The Force,
I have the power to make
my evil take its course." -- "Number Of The Beast" by Iron Maiden :rock

Obi-wan Blog

Ben on the left looks like he's battling some cataracts...

As you can see in the photos that I sent SS, there is a difference in the color of the beard. One is more grey than the other one. So now I have two variants of the Guinness head. :lol

ObiWanHeadShots002_zps1fdda236.jpg

I'm kinda torn on what to do here and to be honest, I'm a bit pissed that they don't want to just replace the body for me...granted, the chip in the polystone isn't something that is seen from the front, but it can be easily spotted if you turn the statue. This is the first thing that I've had an issue with from Sideshow and the only thing I have ever had to contact them over in all the years I have been collecting their stuff. I guess the only way they are going to take it back is if I send it in for a full refund? Once again, here are a couple pictures of the broken piece. What would you all do?

They've sent this letter out before, see this thread, (specifically here )and they are still willing to replace the statue for you, they just don't come outright and say it. So I would respond to them and say "I want a replacement."

Back