Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They've sent this letter out before, see this thread, (specifically here )and they are still willing to replace the statue for you, they just don't come outright and say it. So I would respond to them and say "I want a replacement."

Thanks for this post. I read that thread and now I at least feel a little better about the whole thing. It is weird that they don't just come right out and say "that if you choose to have a replacement, we can do that too." You really have to read between the lines in that email I guess. I'll contact them in the morning and tell them that I would like a replacement and see where it goes from there.

I received the same response from Sideshow today JonZ regarding my Kenobi sculpt which had one of the pellet canisters on his belt half broken. Apparently they are not replacing the body sculpts for some reason so I just responded that I wanted a full replacement from their second batch that is due in June per the email they sent a few weeks ago about the incorrect ES on this first batch. The full replacement offer was made in that email.

Its a tough situation, since these chips are sometimes small and unnoticeable.

At the same time you have to think of selling it if you ever have a rainy day in your life. Then you'd have to mention the chip.

Since this statue is in the spot light at the minute I'd just jump on the bandwagon and get a new one.

they are having me do nothing with it that i know of yet..... looks like I get to keep it.

I got no instructions to send it back in the email response from the Returns Department, and it definately was not in the tracking information. But they might ask me to return it in the box that I get the Ewan head in. But as of now, I have not had any instructions as to what to do with it.

As you can see in the photos that I sent SS, there is a difference in the color of the beard. One is more grey than the other one. So now I have two variants of the Guinness head. :lol

ObiWanHeadShots001_zps59b0268c.jpg

ObiWanHeadShots002_zps1fdda236.jpg

Well if SIdeshow doesn't ask for the second portrait back..I guess you have a spare to do with as you want! Congrats! :duff :D

WOW.... hmmmm..... I called SS Customer Service on 3.25 and the person I spoke with sent me an email immediately. I responded with pictures to that email within 45 minutes of getting that original email.

The person then forwarded it the Returns Department that afternoon, and then they (the person I originally spoke with) sent me an email confirming that she forwarded it to them.

I got a response from the Returns Department two days later on 3.27 with an apology and said it has been scheduled to ship. I got an email notification yesterday (4.1) that it was scheduled to ship and then another today (4.2) that it has been shipped and the tracking number says it is scheduled to be here on Friday.

Weird, as I thought I read from other people that they had inquired about replacement parts or statues BEFORE I inquired.

I feel bad for you guys and gals that have to wait. I dont think I did anything special. I called, and responded to an email. Everyhting else has been in thier hands.... :dunno

This is why I always call Sideshow. Faster results when calling.

seems to me they work a bit faster when you call them directly. I've only had to deal with CS a few times. Whenever I went through the website email process it was longer to wait as opposed to when I called them first.

Calling them does get the ball rolling faster than emailing Sideshow. I've called them each and every time I've had issues in the past.

I like to chat... Because I'm shy. ;)

That you Chatty Cathy?!? ;)

Jon Z: I guess I wouldsend it back for a full refund and then reorder it if you really want it. Maybe the second batch will be better.

I would not keep it either.

Agreed.

They've sent this letter out before, see this thread, (specifically here )and they are still willing to replace the statue for you, they just don't come outright and say it. So I would respond to them and say "I want a replacement."

Absolutely. I would call and ask for a replacement...the worst that they'll tell you is "No".

If you do have to send one back I'd keep the lighter one.

No one actually ever had grey hair that was dark grey. It's white. The lighter one looks more realistic and more Obi-Wan IMO.

Mine is sure taking a long time to ship! I better not get a return or be out of returns by the time I get him.

We shouldn't have to infer what they mean by reading between the lines of their email. If they are willing to replace the statue then they should state it plainly in their email instead of offering partial credits or refunds. We also shouldn't have to figure out the magic word is replacement when corresponding with them in order to get one.

I specifically asked for a replacement body sculpt in my initial email and it was ignored and not even addressed in the response I received.

That sucks that they ignored your asking for a replacement body in the initial email Viper. Hopefully they will get this resolved for you soon. I sent the representative from Sideshow's Return department an email this morning basically asking for either a replacement body and hand, or if that can't be done then I will be sending the whole thing back...either way I will end up with a new one because if I have to send it back for refund I will just order a new one in return.

Got mine. The piece is amazing.

One issue: The backpack was very loose. And by loose I mean it came off. Some glue and patience was needed.

Great looking piece. Sir Alec always.

In case anyone's interested, I blogged about this and the Padawan Obi-wan figure while drinking a flagon of wine and listening to Iron Maiden. :wave

"I have the fire,
I have The Force,
I have the power to make
my evil take its course." -- "Number Of The Beast" by Iron Maiden :rock

Obi-wan Blog

Nicely written, Rook! :duff

Yippie finally got an email back from Sideshow about my broken Gaffi stick/spear. Looks like Ill have a new one in about a week. Obi will now be complete!

I still haven't heard anything back about my wobbly base. It seems SSC is becoming difficult to deal with when trying to resolve an issue these days.

I recevied my Ewan protrait head on Friday.... way t ogo Sideshow for pulling through! I now have 1 Ewan protrait and 2 Guinness portraits..... My statue is complete!

Still waiting for mine to freaking ship! By the time I get him they won't have any replacements.

I still haven't heard anything back about my wobbly base. It seems SSC is becoming difficult to deal with when trying to resolve an issue these days.

I'm starting to think this too. I used to get responses within 3 days. I have an issue with my Black Widow PF and I sent them my first email 3-4 weeks ago and haven't heard back. I've gone back and forth with someone in their support but no one from the returns dept has contacted me. It's really annoying to be told I will be contacted 3x in 3 different emails from a sideshow rep and then not get contacted by the returns dept. I'm gonna email them again if I don't hear from them today(they were supposed to contact me on Fri and of course, that didn't happen).

Back