Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this guy today for Retail from another FANTSASTIC member of this community, and the Cape Alone is a work of Art. It's Kind of surreal having the piece that introduced me to Sideshow and High End Collectibles on my shelf. Will post excited pics later, even though everone has seen them all before. He looks amazing next to Vader

I took the plunge, the paint has been stripped... now the repaint will begin.

990db35d-7321-4f24-a5dc-c6004076b58c_zpsxl6ecsq5.jpg

To be fair the factory paint on Kenobi is some of Sideshow's best work, but I really think the heads could look a bit better. I'll start with these and then possibly move to some other apsects of the statue and either repaint them completely, or touch up when possible.

I took the plunge, the paint has been stripped... now the repaint will begin.

990db35d-7321-4f24-a5dc-c6004076b58c_zpsxl6ecsq5.jpg

To be fair the factory paint on Kenobi is some of Sideshow's best work, but I really think the heads could look a bit better. I'll start with these and then possibly move to some other apsects of the statue and either repaint them completely, or touch up when possible.

How do you even do this?? Stripping the paint.

Thanks ebor :rock

And iwaboi; it's actually really easy. Just fill a small tin (or container) with acetone, let it sit for a minute or so and then go to work on it with a toothbrush. For the most part the paint just slides right off, but there are a few tricky areas. So I did one go, then rinsed off the head and did a second one. There's still a tiny bi of paint in some of the beard and hair, but it's not enough to be a concern.

And here's the duo after I put down the skin-tones:

1771da4f-78bc-4024-9d31-bb73361fb539_zpszezhoixy.jpg

Just got this guy today for Retail from another FANTSASTIC member of this community

Congrats! I still want this statue and just as soon as I find a FANTSASTIC member of this community willing to let it go for retail or close to it, I'll have it! :pray:

Thanks python... I should have some updates on these two in a bit. Got the eyes done, just need to get the hair painted and then touch-ups and a bit of weathering.

Looking forward to seeing your final results! I ended up with an extra Ewan head and wouldn't mind taking a stab at having a custom paint job on it as I agree it would only add to an already outstanding statue!

Here's another update, the heads are about 90% done. I need to do some touch-ups, a bit of blending around the hair lines, add gloss to eyes and lips and the some weathering. But real happy with how they are turning out.

7fabd9af-2382-4f83-a4a8-66a0ed4e066e_zpsw9wd19cq.jpg

Here's another update, the heads are about 90% done. I need to do some touch-ups, a bit of blending around the hair lines, add gloss to eyes and lips and the some weathering. But real happy with how they are turning out.

7fabd9af-2382-4f83-a4a8-66a0ed4e066e_zpsw9wd19cq.jpg

looking good so far,may I see the final result?
thinking about do this to mine.
cheers

Sideshow messed up the first batch and labeled them /1200. They made the first 1200 that way then corrected the last 800 to say /2000. So technically the ones labeled /2000 are rarer than the “error” ones.

thanks for information

Just got this great pieace and cannot accept the factory face paint app.
So i decide to repaint it.
1eae2e7706a099bda3e4bee11c2ce76a.jpg

6e23bdc6b29f0272e7d583cad270247e.jpg

e1c3c38aecbbd00a03598d46874d7520.jpg

f23e67bf1f9e96904f0d632417041eb2.jpg

Be water ,my friend

On my Kenobi box there's a picture featuring Desert Nomad Alec Guinness with the open right hand and a lightsaber on his belt clip. I didn't get the belt lightsaber. Is this a missing piece? Or is it a discrepancy between publicity stills and the final product?lightsaber.jpg

Back