Statue Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished requesting a replacement from SSC for my Mythos Ben. I checked him over this morning and found a few things wrong with it. There was a big chip at the bottom of the cloak. Two yellow globs(quite big) of paint on the cloak. Brown paint smears/streaks across both knees and the Old Ben head-sculpt has a big spot on the tip of his nose where it looks like they didn't paint it or it rubbed off. Also has a chipped ear. Quite disappointed as this piece really amazed me with it's size & detail. But the damage is too noticeable for me to just let slide, so I will see how SSC handles this.

Just finished requesting a replacement from SSC for my Mythos Ben. I checked him over this morning and found a few things wrong with it. There was a big chip at the bottom of the cloak. Two yellow globs(quite big) of paint on the cloak. Brown paint smears/streaks across both knees and the Old Ben head-sculpt has a big spot on the tip of his nose where it looks like they didn't paint it or it rubbed off. Also has a chipped ear. Quite disappointed as this piece really amazed me with it's size & detail. But the damage is too noticeable for me to just let slide, so I will see how SSC handles this.

Horrible man, always a sad moment when something you've been waiting for comes damaged.

That is sad to hear... and it's always a good idea to check over statues and other collectibles thoroughly when you get them. Always a chance there's some damage and better to get it taken care of right away, then find out a couple weeks or months later when it's too late.

Sadly I doubt they have any replacements so they'll probably offer you a credit or full refund.

They may have kept a few back in order to replaced damaged figures, but if they do I'd expect it to be very limited number.

Sorry to hear this. Especially on such a great piece. Hope SS takes care of you like they should.

I received my Vader with a broken cape, broken tusks on helmet, broken pieces on the lava and a lot of orange paint; literally solid orange on half of it. Funny thing is none of the broken pieces were in the package, so it was obviously packaged like that. SSC sent me new parts for all of it, but it definitely takes away from the excitement of getting something. Honestly as a collector that's the best moment is when you finally get something you've been waiting for.

Sad it is to have such a beautiful piece marred by these inperfections. I really hope they can replace it as I would love to keep it in my collection. I may keep it if they could at least replace the old Ben head as the chip on the cloak is at the very bottom of the massive cloak and not visible unless you flip it upside down, but the yellow gobs of paint really stand out in the folds of the cloak. I can only think they are there when the painter was mixing paints because there is no solid yellow paint apps anywhere on the piece. Ughh, what should I do???

Sad it is to have such a beautiful piece marred by these inperfections. I really hope they can replace it as I would love to keep it in my collection. I may keep it if they could at least replace the old Ben head as the chip on the cloak is at the very bottom of the massive cloak and not visible unless you flip it upside down, but the yellow gobs of paint really stand out in the folds of the cloak. I can only think they are there when the painter was mixing paints because there is no solid yellow paint apps anywhere on the piece. Ughh, what should I do???

If they can't replace it, I would collect what ever kind of a refund you can get without giving up the statue. You're at a good place to find someone who can repaint, repair and basically make your statue perfect. The only downside is it will always be a custom or repaired statue. I'm sorry for your luck bud.

Thanks everyone. I'm hoping SSC can help so I can keep the piece. I doubt I'll hear back from them until this next week so fingers crossed.

Paint matching to cover the globs should be easy enough with a quick trip to hobby lobby. Heck even the nose wouldn't be too difficult if it's just rubbed and not chipped away.

Hobby Lobby? If I can find someone local to cover-up the globs that would be great. The nose tip looks like it was rubbed off or not even painted. I'm guessing I would need to locate a painter here in town, but what type of paints are used on these statues? The ear could be fixed too with a dab of matching paint. Gonna start searching...

Prob be acrylics.
With the globs, I would see if I could remove them myself with some sand paper or a small dremel; if you're careful should be able to do with out damaging the statue. Then it's just a matter of mixing some paints yourself, take in the head sculpt and you may be able to color match it to the point where you may not need to mix.

Local Hobby Lobby a couple of miles from me. I called and told them my situation and they said to bring it in and they would help me match the paints. So if SSC can't replace it then hopefully they will refund me a little and I can put the $ towards the paints needed to try to fix it myself.

Back