Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the close up picture !! the Ring will be coming ! its just the hook.. its not existing on the production piece is it ?

ok.. so maybe we just glue on on the flat part.. you guys think that might work ?

@Amber/Fremen.. can you do some close up pictures of yours?

Gosh I hope I get my Obiwan soon :( it would make live much easier for me

I was looking at where the lightsaber is supposed to be and I think I'll be able to use a razor blade and make just enough room for a hook. I think I will go that route, that way I can switch out the pieces like we were supposed to be able to.

Thanks for the close up picture !! the Ring will be coming ! its just the hook.. its not existing on the production piece is it ?

Mine has a silver colored hook that is fully filled in so you can't hang anything from it.

Mine has a silver colored hook that is fully filled in so you can't hang anything from it. Isn't that the case with all of them?

I'll check when I get home tonight but I'm 99% sure my silver ares is flat with the rest of the statue... no filled in hook at all.

Thank you for adding my name to the list, for the welcoming and your kind words towards my Obi-Wan set up. As Darth Snoopy mentioned, the painting is a Vanderstelt. It is an AP that I bought directly from Jerry's desk during Celebration here in Florida and he signed it for me.

I just wanted to add I sure appreciate the effort by MYC to provide collectors with this important, left out addition to the Mythos statue. This sure comes to show how our hobby can create such community feel by attracting so many dedicated, honest people willing to help.

* I don't know if this helps but, there is a little bit of material protruding from Obi Wan's lightsaber belt hook that in fact might allow enough room for a thin hilt ring to go over it and hold the piece in place. If need be, I'd even be willing to make more of a gap between the hook and the belt to secure a saber ring over it. It seems doable.

MYTHOSOBI-WANSSC_zpsc92cc500.jpg:original

What I was thinking of doing is if it came with a ring, I would jsut carefully use a tiny hacksaw blade or razor blade to gentlily "saw" back and forth a little bit to create a tiny separation for the ring to rest in.

These were the best photos I could get of mine. It may seem like some people's hook is filled in more solid.... (if that makes sense)

004_zps838816a9.jpg

003_zpsc02c094e.jpg

002_zps089a35ac.jpg

001_zpsff98acd4.jpg

What I was thinking of doing is if it came with a ring, I would jsut carefully use a tiny hacksaw blade or razor blade to gentlily "saw" back and forth a little bit to create a tiny separation for the ring to rest in.

Mine looks about like yours costell2 but in my case it doesn't matter since I have to get a replacement body sculpt due to a defect in mine. The new one will more then likely look different.

ah ok.. well that might be a possibility.. but for all who got a very flat one this option wont work I guess

wow, I guess I didnt realize that people had different looking ones...

I dont know if it matters, but mine was #100.... and most likely it does not matter.

Here's mine - I'm thinking a razor blade and some patience will go a long way in having a functional/removable saber hilt.

IMG_0660_zps45e21d28.jpg

ah ok.. well that might be a possibility.. but for all who got a very flat one this option wont work I guess

Just curious if you have received a response yet from Sideshow regarding your replacement request myc? I sent my request on Sunday and still no response. :(

^^^^ I got a response last week that my Ewan head will be shipping to me soon....

Here's mine - I'm thinking a razor blade and some patience will go a long way in having a functional/removable saber hilt.

IMG_0660_zps45e21d28.jpg

That's what I've just finished doing with mine, Slynger. But I now can see some folks have their statue with the hook flat against the belt and that could indeed, be an issue. Just for record keeping ...

Using the tip of an Xacto knife, a pocket saw, and a lot of patience, I was able to scrape off some of the excess material behind the belt hook, just enough to allow a small ring ( a key- chain link I used) to sit behind it. While the scale is bigger than what a ring for the hilt will be, the space created now allows to attach the hilt to the hook without the need of gluing it to it.

MYTHOSOBI-WANss2copy_zps3ab11f0f.jpg:original

Just curious if you have received a response yet from Sideshow regarding your replacement request myc? I sent my request on Sunday and still no response. :(

U contacted them last Friday!!! A whole week without response!! Will call them on Monday.

About the hook... would be interesting if there are really different types out there.

The one from you lightsword looks pretty good and duable to hang on

Not sure if this has been suggested or not, but what about simply sculpting a small piece similar in design to the hook on the prototype and buyers could glue it on to their own statue?

I have no knowledge of sculpting, but to me that seems like the best/most easy way of doing it.

So in the end, you'd be making the hilt with a ring attached to it and then a separate, small hook-like sculpt for the customers to glue on to their statue which they would use to hang the saber hilt ring on.

When did you contact them?

Monday afternoon.... March 25th. I got a response from the returns department on Wednesday.

For what it is worth, I called Customer Service and they sent me an email to respond to with pictures. I responded to that email 45 min later. That was then forwarded from the Customer Serivce Rep to the Returns Department. I got a response from them a day and a half later, on Wednesday the 27th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back