Action Figure Obi-Wan Kenobi Mythos Statue Unlit Hilt Interest Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could I please be added to the list for a custom made Obi-Wan hilt? Being able to have his hilt to hang from his belt and thus displaying Obi-Wan with his open hand would be great. It's how I always had in mind to display him. Thanks in advance!

*I received my Mythos Obi-Wan not only missing his unlit saber hilt ( like everyone else), but also the hand holding his only one saber is defective. The saber hilt has a shaved off emitter tip and the blade is cracked. I've already gotten in touch with SSC .

Could I please be added to the list for a custom made Obi-Wan hilt? Being able to have his hilt to hang from his belt and thus displaying Obi-Wan with his open hand would be great. It's how I always had in mind to display him. Thanks in advance!

*I received my Mythos Obi-Wan not only missing his unlit saber hilt ( like everyone else), but also the hand holding his only one saber is defective. The saber hilt has a shaved off emitter tip and the blade is cracked. I've already gotten in touch with SSC .

Nice to see you over here. Welcome to the Freakshow! If you get time, you need to post that fantastic shot of your Kenobi group. I saw your lightsaber photo on 'scum, I don't know how that happened to yours, but it sounds like you'll get a replacement.

Nice to see you over here. Welcome to the Freakshow! If you get time, you need to post that fantastic shot of your Kenobi group. I saw your lightsaber photo on 'scum, I don't know how that happened to yours, but it sounds like you'll get a replacement.

Hey Slynger,
thanks for the welcoming! I'm glad you like my display and I'd be pleased to post the picture here. I'm still waiting on a reply from SSC about the replacement and I'm hoping I'd be soon. I LOVE the detail, sculpt and pose of this statue. It is simply maginificent!

Here is the picture ...

MYTHOSOBI-WAN_zpsaa3c7d0e.jpg

Hello guys !! Quick update on the custom hilt here..

I spent quite some time last night and its coming along very nice :) I dont have a picture yet for you but will sure show something within the next couple of days.
I will have to pick up some "ingredients" from my local hobby store to continue the hilt but I think this thing will come out quite nice :)

I still have to figure it out how we are going to attach it to the statue. Attaching a ring at the end of the lightsaber should be working just fine.. but we still have "the hook" problem. .. I dont have the statue yet so its a bit difficult for me to figure it out without having him in hand...

Thanks for the update, myc! :clap

You've been added to the WL. :)

:welcome1: to the :FREAK: show! :wave

It's great to see all the collectors joining this site. Welcome! And lightsword, that is a killer display.

I still have to figure it out how we are going to attach it to the statue. Attaching a ring at the end of the lightsaber should be working just fine.. but we still have "the hook" problem. .. I dont have the statue yet so its a bit difficult for me to figure it out without having him in hand...

That’s what I am wondering too. I am not very good at customization projects so hopefully somebody will come up with a very easy solution.

worst case we will have to do it as Fremen did.. NO OFFENSE.. it works right ? :D

But we will have to do something on the statue itself to get it attached.. I doubt there is a way around.

worst case we will have to do it as Fremen did.. NO OFFENSE.. it works right ? :D

But we will have to do something on the statue itself to get it attached.. I doubt there is a way around.

Thanks for the update on your progress myc. Looking forward to your pics.

Regarding attaching the hilt to the sculpt, What about using magnets? Something along the lines of this:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Three-By-Seattle-Mighties-20500/dp/B002GU5XTK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364571948&sr=8-2&keywords=small+magnets[/ame]

Maybe glue on to the hilt and glue the other one to the sculpt on the belt.

Its not a bad idea. Im working with magnets for my Kit Fisto a lot (28!) but to make it look good, you would have to countersink your obi wan to insert the magnet. it should be on the same level like the painted hook. Not sure if people are willing to go that far.

If you want then to hide the manget, you might need to put a very light sheet of putty over the magnet and paint it the same way to make it work..

its a hustle I think and I doubt people are willing to countersink their statue and glue on a magnet.

The easiest way for me right now would be to insert with the lightsaber a little hook made of epoxy and people just simple glue it on.

But great idea and I had that thought as well :)

Its not a bad idea. Im working with magnets for my Kit Fisto a lot (28!) but to make it look good, you would have to countersink your obi wan to insert the magnet. it should be on the same level like the painted hook. Not sure if people are willing to go that far.

If you want then to hide the manget, you might need to put a very light sheet of putty over the magnet and paint it the same way to make it work..

its a hustle I think and I doubt people are willing to countersink their statue and glue on a magnet.

The easiest way for me right now would be to insert with the lightsaber a little hook made of epoxy and people just simple glue it on.

But great idea and I had that thought as well :)

Thanks myc. I like the hook idea as well but I am not very artistically inclined so I doubt I could sculpt one that looks worth a darn. That's my only concern with the hook idea.

Yeah, if its possible for you to make a hook to include I think I am savvy enough to be able to at least glue it on. :)

I would send out a hook with with the lightsaber in case we dont find another solution.

The proto uses a small ring to hang on the hook in the belt, oh well....you have seen this already.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back