O-Soul/303Toys/Inflames Toys three kingdoms chinese historical figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: O Soul 魂作/303 toys three kingdoms chinese historical figures

@sixxshooter - They're based off of historical people from the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It's really famous and popular and most of all the Asian people know of the novel.

@sixxshooter - They're based off of historical people from the novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. It's really famous and popular and most of all the Asian people know of the novel.

Was it a television series and movie as well ? If so , what do you recommend watching and is it even available in the US market ? I see videos of it on you tube .

There's a movie, Red Cliff directed by John Woo and it's separated into 2 parts. It focused on 1 major battle in the book, the Battle of Chi-Bi. It's alright. There's also another movie called Three Kingoms but it's crap and is a fantasy scenario. There's 2 TV series, one made in 1994 and one in 2010 titled Three Kingdoms. Both are good. I bought both at a local Chinese DVD store before and it does have English subtitles but sometimes the translations kinda bad.
Here's a link for the 2010 series on ebay
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Three-King...675857?hash=item1a19e657d1:g:H5IAAOSwgQ9Vgka~

Here's a link for the 1994 series
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1994-CCTV-...517859?hash=item41b2bbaba3:g:PU0AAOSwFe5X1WIo

What I suggest though, is to read it online. The translation is simpler and the story easier to follow, especially if you're not familiar with Romance of the Three Kingdoms. You can read it here
https://www.threekingdoms.com/

I really appreciate the info . Thank you . [emoji3][emoji106]

Not a problem. I always want more people to get into Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I read the book probably 6 times in the course of my life and it actually had a big influence on me as a person when it comes to honor, righteousness, etc. In short, I love ROTK lol

The novel had a lot of made up stories so it's hard to distinguish between facts and fantasies. The arthur obviously was pro Shu also. I still like the original TV series the best.

Yes! Ma Chao is finally represented in the 1/6 Sanguo line up. He is way underrated even in the novel. Glad they are giving him a stylish helmet.

@chipgau yes he is. Weird though that O-Soul chose to make him, who comes way near the end of the novel when there's so many more renowned characters to be made.

Such an odd choice to make the first Wu officer. o_O Of all the popular choices from Wu like Zhou Yu, Lu Meng, Lu Xun, Gan Ning, etc., they had to go with Zhang Bu. I was hoping for a Zhou Yu figure to go with 303 Zhuge Liang. SMH at O-Soul.

Is anyone thinking of getting 303 toys Master Xiang of Qin ? I have zero knowledge of the three kingdom films or books but I'm really interested in ancient Chinese warriors and 303 figures .
360571d4ce3fba4d28b2011bbeed5531.jpg
18bed995beb7da12f93dbe0f45798e00.jpg

sixxshooter-that guy is actually from a martial arts tv show. I'm not getting him, cause I'm mainly collecting Three Kingdoms characters but this looks like a really cool figure.

ok . Thanks . I'm trying to locate him on TV . I think it may be based off Xiang Shao from the Legend of Quin show .

It's based on Actor louis koo From A step into the past .
0d9e92e4c0b2e8ce9ea6ae52565ea2ef.jpg

Looks awesome !

I'm getting him because the Qin Shi Huang figure that 303 released last year goes together with Xiang Shaolong in the TV drama A Step Into the Past.

Yes . I just preordered myself . Looks really great .

Yup got Guan Yu 2.0 on pre-order already. Still gotta pre-order Zhuge Liang. The Inflames Zhang Fei is pretty damn tempting too.

Back