Not to be mean. How many of you cringe in anger when you see a new XM prouct.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of their products/chars are nice and some not. So far, Mr. Green haven't seen anything worth the price and hassle. Be nice if they do another 1/4 hulk but doubt it.

I think Mr. Green is just talking about his personal taste vs XM having QC Issues, which is what I thought he meant when I read his post....

So far I think every XM statue has been pretty awesome, I have lots of SS statues and now have 5 XM statues so far, and when you put them side by side with the SS, XM's are just a notch above them in quality and details... You guys might not like the pose or the updated outfit they choose but putting those personal preferences aside, you have to admit their QC, Paint Application and Details are top notch...

I like when new threads pop up so I can see what they've got planned. XM definitely has quality going for them, regardless if the pose and overall design is pleasing to the eye. Conceptually, some of their stuff is amazing and some isn't--same with any company. Their low ES and difficulty for preordering makes them more sought after than they should be, IMO. The crazy prices people will pay for them just makes each successive statue more difficult to get and more expensive, which is great for flippers, not so great for actual collectors.

Hmmmmm. No disrespect here Mr. Green. Im a fan of both SS and XM. But how is XM not consistent or a hit if everything they put up for PO sells out in a snap. There has to be consistency there or maybe "a hit" or both right.

Making fewer will help with that sell out. I'm not saying they would not sell out anyways, since they make quality items but the low ES helps bring out the flippers

Personally I have only really liked two of their pieces.. Magneto and Thanos. Wolverine is close but it has issues for me. Not in love with their other stuff... Oh make that three... Daredevil looks great!

Someone said it's the same as SSC overseas... Not true.... You can still get SSC (expensive yes but still easy to get) XM is next to impossible now... And with low ES it's not even worth a try unless you know someone... So I don't get mad I just hate that it clogs up the forum and they are pieces I can't get and less I want to pay aftermarket flipper prices.. No thanks. That does not mean I don't want to see what the make.. I just wish they had their own section :)

Not a knock against the company... But I do worry when they release that MUST own piece for me and I am out of luck.

Regarding the 'overseas' comment (assuming you're referring to mine), I should have elaborated more. Not sure where you're located, buy we all know non-U.S. residents pay substantially more for SSC products than U.S. residents. To the scale of what some U.S. residents would be paying for XM? In many cases, no. But as an average, definitely not. But when you add the years of overseas following that Sideshow had and the loyalty of their spending, I think it's nice for someone like XM to come along and be more available to those collectors. That's only fair, IMO. Bad wording on my part.

I think XM right now too is riding a popularity wave as well - they're new and they're great - I think hype is factoring into those prices though. Not one can argue that it doesn't.

And I agree with you on the selection. For me, the ones that I'm REALLY jonesing for are: Mags, Daredevil and the upcoming Ghost Rider....and Spider-Man depending on whatever that will look like. There's NO ONE who can convince me to go for some of those other pieces though, especially Captain, Thor, and Hulk because Sideshow has them beat hands down. I do like their arrangement of other selections though. XM is a great looking company. It's refreshing to see characters like Black Bolt (which WOW) and Phoenix, etc. And again, this is NOT a knock of XM. I'm posting in all of their threads. I do admire their work.

Making fewer will help with that sell out. I'm not saying they would not sell out anyways, since they make quality items but the low ES helps bring out the flippers

Personally I have only really liked two of their pieces.. Magneto and Thanos. Wolverine is close but it has issues for me. Not in love with their other stuff... Oh make that three... Daredevil looks great!

Someone said it's the same as SSC overseas... Not true.... You can still get SSC (expensive yes but still easy to get) XM is next to impossible now... And with low ES it's not even worth a try unless you know someone... So I don't get mad I just hate that it clogs up the forum and they are pieces I can't get and less I want to pay aftermarket flipper prices.. No thanks. That does not mean I don't want to see what the make.. I just wish they had their own section :)

Not a knock against the company... But I do worry when they release that MUST own piece for me and I am out of luck.

I will always be interested in the art of what they do, but at this point, and this is not an exageration, you could contact someone like Troy or Erick, put together a list of people, and get a group commission of you favorite character, and it would still cost aout the same as an XM piece. Some of the group commissions that have been done as of late are absolutely stunning, and while they are incredibly pricey, they ate I. The XM price range for North American collectors, but much more expensive than SSC. Lets be honest that is the biggest issue here. Money. XM pieces can be had, they just cost a lot more for most, unless you know someone, than SSC. It isn't a knock on XM... It is just the way of it.

I probably would have gotten upset if I wasn't able to get Magneto. I'll be a little bothered once more of the spiderman pieces come out, but it is what it is I guess..

I will always be interested in the art of what they do, but at this point, and this is not an exageration, you could contact someone like Troy or Erick, put together a list of people, and get a group commission of you favorite character, and it would still cost aout the same as an XM piece. Some of the group commissions that have been done as of late are absolutely stunning, and while they are incredibly pricey, they ate I. The XM price range for North American collectors, but much more expensive than SSC. Lets be honest that is the biggest issue here. Money. XM pieces can be had, they just cost a lot more for most, unless you know someone, than SSC. It isn't a knock on XM... It is just the way of it.

I tend to agree with most of this. It seems like being an XM collector would eat up your collecting budget tremendously. It's cheaper and more sensible to ignore everything XM and be more selective with a few Sideshow and/or Hot Toys pieces. Not to mention you have good customer service, 30 day returns and reward points.

XM statues look good but the intangibles are a risky proposition for me. If your statue arrives damaged, does your contact cover shipping back to Singapore? As mentioned, you gotta know a guy that knows a guy and send him around $800 for one of these things. Now, if you are investing, they are great for flipping no question about it. Seems like lots of risk and hassle.

I think Mr. Green is just talking about his personal taste vs XM having QC Issues, which is what I thought he meant when I read his post....

So far I think every XM statue has been pretty awesome, I have lots of SS statues and now have 5 XM statues so far, and when you put them side by side with the SS, XM's are just a notch above them in quality and details... You guys might not like the pose or the updated outfit they choose but putting those personal preferences aside, you have to admit their QC, Paint Application and Details are top notch...

Personally I took his consistent statement to mean the sculpts themselves and not QC... We all know XM has outstanding QC.

Regarding the 'overseas' comment (assuming you're referring to mine), I should have elaborated more. Not sure where you're located, buy we all know non-U.S. residents pay substantially more for SSC products than U.S. residents. To the scale of what some U.S. residents would be paying for XM? In many cases, no. But as an average, definitely not. But when you add the years of overseas following that Sideshow had and the loyalty of their spending, I think it's nice for someone like XM to come along and be more available to those collectors. That's only fair, IMO. Bad wording on my part.

I think XM right now too is riding a popularity wave as well - they're new and they're great - I think hype is factoring into those prices though. Not one can argue that it doesn't.

And I agree with you on the selection. For me, the ones that I'm REALLY jonesing for are: Mags, Daredevil and the upcoming Ghost Rider....and Spider-Man depending on whatever that will look like. There's NO ONE who can convince me to go for some of those other pieces though, especially Captain, Thor, and Hulk because Sideshow has them beat hands down. I do like their arrangement of other selections though. XM is a great looking company. It's refreshing to see characters like Black Bolt (which WOW) and Phoenix, etc. And again, this is NOT a knock of XM. I'm posting in all of their threads. I do admire their work.

I was just stating that money being equal... You can get XM and SSC overseas... Here it's just SSC.

I agree with everything else you said... It is great that overseas collectors can get things much cheaper now.

Like I said... I dread the day that XM puts out a piece that I feel I must have but can't get because of all the legal issues and I am left to pay 3 grand on ebay :(

In all honesty, I don't cringe at all. I like watching what they bring out. And getting to see their progress on their pieces is pretty cool.

their stuff keeps rising in price anyways correct? After classic IM, I prolly won't even bother with a future release cause it will be too pricey. Venom is the only one that may have me changing my mind, but that's it.

I like when new threads pop up so I can see what they've got planned. XM definitely has quality going for them, regardless if the pose and overall design is pleasing to the eye. Conceptually, some of their stuff is amazing and some isn't--same with any company. Their low ES and difficulty for preordering makes them more sought after than they should be, IMO. The crazy prices people will pay for them just makes each successive statue more difficult to get and more expensive, which is great for flippers, not so great for actual collectors.

This is my sentiment exactly. I would just add a little more on $. I live in the U.S and to get an XM piece it costs over a thousand. This means that 1 XM piece has to be better then 2-3 SS statues. This is from an economical standpoint and unless money is no factor to you this is indisputable. So when I wanted a Cap statue it is not just SS Cap VS XM Cap it is SS cap PLUS ANOTHER PF VS XM Cap. It just doesn't add up to me to go with XM. For those that are not in the U.S or rich this is not something you can just shrug off.

I spoke about this in the XM wolverine thread with the market and bla bla if you want more insight from me you can find it there.

Lastly I am a collector and not investor (for anyone who is investing this is the wrong place) in these so I like more options on the market and better competition so I applaud XM and am glad they are here even if it doesn't benefit me directly.

To think, I got called out for calling XM irrelevant because they were made of unobtainium.

Though BBTS hasn't cancelled my Ant Man order. Yet. If that comes through, it will likely be the only XM piece I own, unless they get a U.S. License. Until then, there is no reason for me to get excited about what they are doing, because I am not going to use any of the channels it would take to make it happen.

I don't get angry, just don't have a reason to care.

I've noticed a direct decline in XM thread activity across several boards, but not me - I have options. I definitely feel for those without any options outside of Ebay/secondary market. Even with options you still have to be selective because even at retail pricing they are expensive (w/shipping). This is definitely not like Bowen where you can by 1 of everything. You kind of have to pick and choose. Like for me Dr. Strange was all in - no price no matter what. Black Bolt - if I can get at retail sure, but I couldn't oh well... But I still like the threads because one byproduct of this should be other companies trying to match the XM quality and imagination.

Back