Not to be mean. How many of you cringe in anger when you see a new XM prouct.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toycrypt

Super Freak
Reaction score
Certain people can't get it. It's like waving **** in your face that you knowing your going home alone. XM threads piss me off. But yet I love XM. Crazy.:cuckoo:

What??? :lol

You lost me with the "waving ****" analogy.

Explain.

I think I get it, but am lost with your wording here.

Yes I do because I can't buy them in the USA because I have no hook up. also sell outs in on e minute makes it impossible to buy. But oh well life moves on. At least XM is keeping the fun alive with the fast sell outs. Only wish people could actually PO them.

Meh. Doesn't bother me. They make great statues, but I'm not a fan of all their statues. Same with SS.

What??? :lol

You lost me with the "waving ****" analogy.

Explain.

I think I get it, but am lost with your wording here.

I believe he's saying he does not have a reliable way to purchase XM products, therefore every XM thread is a tease of their up coming products that he can not have, and he is in a downward shame spiral. Okay I added that last bit.. :lol

Certain people can't get it. It's like waving **** in your face that you knowing your going home alone. XM threads piss me off. But yet I love XM. Crazy.:cuckoo:

I don't get angry, but I don't necessarily pay as much attention as I use to. What I do more now then I use to is look at the technical aspects of their pieces so that I can learn more from them. They have some amazing artists on board.

I believe he's saying he does not have a reliable way to purchase XM products, therefore every XM thread is a tease of their up coming products that he can not have, and he is in a downward shame spiral. Okay I added that last bit.. :lol

Ah, thank you.

Makes sense now. :lol

It doesn't bother me. Sure, it sucks for most people in the U.S., but honestly, that's what it's like to non-US resident when it comes to Sideshow, so it's only fair.

As for XM, I think they have really great quality. Pieces like Mags are utterly brilliant and I can't see anyone topping a rendition of Magneto like that. But I won't lose sleep over it. I'm happy for those that can score that awesomeness though. But for the price that people in the U.S. will pay, I'll pass. While I think SSC is struggling with QC problems at the moment, when I see them make pieces like Captain and others like Thor, my loyalty with my boys at Sideshow stands tall. :rock You can't beat pieces like that. That's Sideshow at their best.

In the famous words of my friend, Optimus Prime: "In any war there are calms between storms. There will be days when we lose faith, days when our allies turn against us. But the day will never come when we forsake this planet... and its people. I am Optimus Prime, and I send this to the universe: We are here. We are home."

AUTOBOTS.....ROLL OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a hit or miss with XM. SSC is more consistent. They're not perfect but more consistent.

Hmmmmm. No disrespect here Mr. Green. Im a fan of both SS and XM. But how is XM not consistent or a hit if everything they put up for PO sells out in a snap. There has to be consistency there or maybe "a hit" or both right.

Hmmmmm. No disrespect here Mr. Green. Im a fan of both SS and XM. But how is XM not consistent or a hit if everything they put up for PO sells out in a snap. There has to be consistency there or maybe "a hit" or both right.

Making fewer will help with that sell out. I'm not saying they would not sell out anyways, since they make quality items but the low ES helps bring out the flippers

Personally I have only really liked two of their pieces.. Magneto and Thanos. Wolverine is close but it has issues for me. Not in love with their other stuff... Oh make that three... Daredevil looks great!

Someone said it's the same as SSC overseas... Not true.... You can still get SSC (expensive yes but still easy to get) XM is next to impossible now... And with low ES it's not even worth a try unless you know someone... So I don't get mad I just hate that it clogs up the forum and they are pieces I can't get and less I want to pay aftermarket flipper prices.. No thanks. That does not mean I don't want to see what the make.. I just wish they had their own section :)

Not a knock against the company... But I do worry when they release that MUST own piece for me and I am out of luck.

Last edited:
I get interested when it's a character I don't have in 1/4 scale like Thanos, but then I know SS will get around to him eventually.
I'm not as keen for characters like Black Bolt, especially when you add the exorbitant shipping cost, handlers fee and the weak exchange rate.
All that adds up to me paying twice what I'd pay for a SS piece and that's honestly not worth it.

Back