No Name (Clint) - Headsculpt (Updated Sculpt P.1 - Almost finished!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll complete one first and leave it up to the peeps, whether they want a painted or unpainted version.

By the way, this may be a dumb question but was wondering how you will handle whether people want you to paint the sculpts or not. Personally I would like to have mine painted by a professional artist like yourself, I would hate to ruin the sculpt by trying to do it on my own. Course I know there is other painters on here, id like to see your take on the paint apps.

This looks amazing !!! I need to see this complete and I would like to own if possible this please keep me updated and add me to the list of potential buyers please

It won't look as flat/dry on the actual sculpt, it's partially due to the material that I am using in the 3D app. It has absolutely no specularity.

You'll see what I'm talking about with my new updates ;)

Since i'm new to this...what is the reason for the 3D sculpt?

Since i'm new to this...what is the reason for the 3D sculpt?

I am sculpting it in 3D (since it is my day job and I work with the 3D sculpting software a lot) so that I can get it 3D printed. The 3D print will then be used to make my master mold(s) :) Hope that makes sense! :)

Please add me to the version with hat.

Thanks!

Done! :)

Looking forward to seeing this in production. Especially looking forward to seeing future incarnations.

I am sculpting it in 3D (since it is my day job and I work with the 3D sculpting software a lot) so that I can get it 3D printed. The 3D print will then be used to make my master mold(s) :) Hope that makes sense! :)

So basically like it will be used for you to look at and sculpt it?

Here's another update:
EastwoodNew.jpg

The head is almost done! Placed him on a (rough) body, so you can get an idea of what to expect.

I am working on an animation of the 3D model as well, so I needed to build the rest of Clint :) Figured I'd share the way it looks.

As of now, I think I'll have the model ready for the first 3D print the first week of January!

Hey guys! I'll be receiving some images from my rapid prototyping (3D print) friend later on tonight! Stay tuned!

@ Senbi: Consider it done my friend! :)

Hey guys! Just received these 4 pictures:

ClintPrint.jpg

ClintPrint2.jpg

ClintPrint3.jpg

ClintPrint4.jpg

Just to clarify, these are still 3D images. However, they are rendered using my rapid prototyper friend's 3D printing software package. So this is exactly what the initial print will come out looking like!

I think I've taken the head as far as can go, but I still want to tweak the hat. (I also sent him the version without the detailed leather strip/rim). I think I'll have those tweaks ready within the next few days. So he could potentially start printing by the end of the week!

I've left a little extra material at the bottom of the head, so I can cut off the excess material myself, and figure out where to place the joint for the neck (allowing for the most articulation possible, and for a proper sitting/fit).

Hope you guys like him! I'm pretty proud of and happy with the way he came out! :)

- R.

Back