NHL General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hawks amaze me.

They (their core at least) have pretty much been going deep into the playoffs and/or winning the cup since 2009 and never seem to tire. I'm a Kings fan and the big reason for them missing the playoffs last season was needing a much needed rest after going deep into the playoffs and/or winning the cup since their 2012 cup win, but it's hard to look at that as being a factor when as mentioned, the Hawks have been going deep into the playoffs since 2009 and seem to show no signs of fatigue with each subsequent season.

The Hawks amaze me.

They (their core at least) have pretty much been going deep into the playoffs and/or winning the cup since 2009 and never seem to tire. I'm a Kings fan and the big reason for them missing the playoffs last season was needing a much needed rest after going deep into the playoffs and/or winning the cup since their 2012 cup win, but it's hard to look at that as being a factor when as mentioned, the Hawks have been going deep into the playoffs since 2009 and seem to show no signs of fatigue with each subsequent season.

Kings are also a very good/deep team. If Lombardi pulls off the rumored trade for Andrew Ladd....Kings are going to be tuff come playoff time. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Kings and Hawks squaring off again in the WCF.

Last edited:
If the Caps ever have a chance to put 40+ years of failure behind them, this is the year.

Kings are also a very good/deep team. If Lombardi pulls off the rumored trade for Andrew Ladd....Kings are going to tuff come playoff time. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Kings and Hawks squaring off again in the WCF.

He'd be a nice acquisition, but it depends on who they'd have to relinquish in order to swing it. I actually don't think they're really in need of a top two center though anyway. I'd actually like to see them pick up another solid defenseman.

You gotta love Montréal media. Le Journal de Montréal's front page today is hilarious "Une défaite... sans francophone". Yep. The Habs are losing due to a lack of Francophones. Couldn't possibly be that Price guy being out for an extended period.:cuckoo:

He'd be a nice acquisition, but it depends on who they'd have to relinquish in order to swing it. I actually don't think they're really in need of a top two center though anyway. I'd actually like to see them pick up another solid defenseman.

Yeah, Big Buff was in the running to go to LA until he signed his new deal. Man, Buff and Ladd are the only 2 players I truly miss from the 2010 cup team. Although, I really like how Anisimov is playing since he joined the team. Looks like he'll be centering the 2nd line for many years to come. It'll be interesting to see what moves the Kings and Hawks may make before the deadline. It sure looks like both teams will make the playoffs this year and neither team should be an easy out for anyone.

After last night's Bruins loss I think they should be selling despite the fact they'll probably make the playoffs. This team doesn't have a long playoff run in them. Trade Eriksson and see if Chara has any value.

Also, the Canadiens are reportedly "gauging the market" on trading Subban. If they actually do that Bergevin should be fired. He should look at the last time the Habs sided with a mediocre coach over their superstar to see the results.

After last night's Bruins loss I think they should be selling despite the fact they'll probably make the playoffs. This team doesn't have a long playoff run in them. Trade Eriksson and see if Chara has any value.

Also, the Canadiens are reportedly "gauging the market" on trading Subban. If they actually do that Bergevin should be fired. He should look at the last time the Habs sided with a mediocre coach over their superstar to see the results.

Media hype only as they have nothing else to talk about, secretly its patches on the block

Yeah, Big Buff was in the running to go to LA until he signed his new deal. Man, Buff and Ladd are the only 2 players I truly miss from the 2010 cup team. Although, I really like how Anisimov is playing since he joined the team. Looks like he'll be centering the 2nd line for many years to come. It'll be interesting to see what moves the Kings and Hawks may make before the deadline. It sure looks like both teams will make the playoffs this year and neither team should be an easy out for anyone.

The Kings lately have been in a bit of a slump and are rapidly losing ground, so I hope they turn it around soon. Gaborik went down the other evening with an apparently knee injury and Kopitar left last game against the Blues and never returned. Not sure what the extend of his injury is.

Looks like they will need both a forward and a defenseman at this point.

Media hype only as they have nothing else to talk about, secretly its patches on the block

Yeah, sometimes I wish mainstream media would just stay out of hockey and not ruin it by bringing their "political agenda" into it. I recall an article on Yahoo over the summer when Pacioretty was voted by his teammates to be team captain that said Subban should have been voted captain and that he wasn't essentially because of his skin color.

Give me a break.

Welcome back Andrew Ladd! What a great pick up by Bowman. Bowman has enough cap space for 1 more move. I wonder who else he's got in mind?

12190856_10153153552036669_223976823493434463_n.jpg

infographic_NSHvsCHI_2-25_WEB_2.jpg

With last night's win Claude Julien is now the record holder for wins as Bruins coach.

When he was hired I was just relieved he wasn't Dave Lewis. Keep those bars low and you'll never be disappointed!

Caps are slumping just in time for another 1st round exit.

I hope they do well being that they have had so many first round exists despite being so good. They have some good additions this year that should help them. Williams and Richards for instance, who have Cup experience.

However, any team that hangs "Regular Season Western/Eastern Conference Champions" banners, I can't take seriously. :lol

I hope they do well being that they have had so many first round exists despite being so good. They have some good additions this year that should help them. Williams and Richards for instance, who have Cup experience.

However, any team that hangs "Regular Season Western/Eastern Conference Champions" banners, I can't take seriously. :lol

Pretty much every team will hang an Eastern/Western conference champions banner.

Back