Neytiri AVATAR Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how could legacy mess up like that on the forehead??

:exactly:

What the heck, cant anyone make a good Neytiri statue, why is this so difficult. I really really like this character and want to add her to my collection but I need a good sculpt

:exactly:

What the heck, cant anyone make a good Neytiri statue, why is this so difficult. I really really like this character and want to add her to my collection but I need a good sculpt

Same here. I just want a good Neytiri statue to add to my collection but haven't been very impressed what I've seen so far. I mean the pieces are OK but not jaw dropping.

Looks great to me, but I'm not that much OCD about collecting and how precise things need to be down to the millimeter. The sheer size of this piece will have that stand out wow factor on a shelf, regardless of whether it's 100% identical to the source material.
So far, I would still get this piece.

It does for me.
lb006.png

Looks great, but I really like the Sideshow pose with the Exclusive knife.

wow ! that looks amazing ! I hope I can buy it.

I went back on the waitlist for the SS piece...after seeing the Legacy version its made me a little nervous. The Legacey head sculpt looks nothing like Neytiri...at all. Im hoping its just a bad camera angle but im not sure. Worst case, I'll just get both and swap their heads... :)

Chris

what is wrong with the head? Statue looks great to me

When you look at the face of the Legacy statue and compare it to a picture of the character Neytiri from the film you dont see big difference? The character from the film is beautiful, the face on that statue is fuggs. Then again that is just my opinion. If you see Neytiri when you look at that pic then hope you enjoy the statue (and I mean that with no sarcasm intended).

For me Hot Toys is my last hold out for a movie acuarte portrayal of the character

Whilst i still prefer Legacys pose SS have got the likeness closer as the forehead is too large and the lips appear to be the wrong colour. As someone mentioned though it is a concept design so doesn't have to be spot on accurate but not going for the Neytiri from the films could be somewhat of a mistake.

Will wait to see more pics before i decide.

When you look at the face of the Legacy statue and compare it to a picture of the character Neytiri from the film you dont see big difference? The character from the film is beautiful, the face on that statue is fuggs. Then again that is just my opinion. If you see Neytiri when you look at that pic then hope you enjoy the statue (and I mean that with no sarcasm intended).

For me Hot Toys is my last hold out for a movie acuarte portrayal of the character

LOL. I think alot of people are being a little drastic and saying it's ugly, or looks like the cat lady, or doesn't look like Neytiri at all.
It's a "great" interpretation, if not an exact replica.
Don't like it, don't buy it. Problem solved.

Not really satisfied with either of these pieces.

Kinda hoping we eventually see a Neytiri like this:

nxEkG.jpg

Also, I like the way the Gentle Giant LOOKS, but Im not sure what the final product will look like, so who knows.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/FD8sNTffDKg?fs=1&hl=fr_FR&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/FD8sNTffDKg?fs=1&hl=fr_FR&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

1 minute 47 seconds, Neytiri Maquette SSC/Legacy Effects :panic:

I thought the legacy version was supposed to be bigger than the one in the vid. Still it looks nice, and will probably be more affordable (cough) if that is indeed it. I am keen to see some of the life sized busts too. Thanks for the clip.

Part of the height is in the bow, which extends up a few inches above the top of her head.

Actually I'm relieved that it's not that tall. I don't wan't a skinny blue chick overshadowing my CM preddy. If she's too big, I won't get it.

Looks okay scale wise to me. Some other little maquettes of creatures beside her. Wonder if they will be produced?

Yeah, that definitely isn't 3 feet tall.

It looks 36" tall to me. I'm 6', and from my waist to the top of my head is 36". He's also closer to the lens, which makes the maquette look a bit smaller than if they were exactly the same distance.

Neytiri.jpg

LoL...no no. I said "He's" not "Me's" ;) I was using me as an average height guy. Maybe he's very small man, lol.

Back