NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder why pilots and Fett are just on their "radar"? You'd think they would have been on SS's "radar" since Nov 2005 when this started.

Are they really afraid if they give us all the good ones we'll all leave? Come on... cough 'em up already.

Sideshow couldn't make figures like Fett in 2005... just like they can't make Chewie and the Droids today. :banghead

Originally Posted by Sideshow Q&A
Our Star Wars 12-inch line is going strong, and the armored characters will continue. Boba Fett is not in the immediate line-up, but is definitely a character that we’re working on. Similar with the Rebels (pilots) from “A New Hope”, outside of the Fleet Trooper and Antilles - they’re on our radar, but not in the immediate list.

:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I don't think we will see another 'high profile' character very soon. With money concerns on everyone's mind, they have to be worried a must have might lead to Lando cancellations.

Honestly the way the economy is going, they should really step up and give us MAIN characters...
all of those lame fillers are only going to hurt the line right now...
Give us Fetts, Chewie, Droids, dammit!!
Also, if they do figures that are potential army builders, like Tusken Raiders, Tie Fighter Pilots, Snowtroopers, Emperor's Royal Guards, the line should be OK during the economic crisis IMO....

They might be shying away from doing main characters during the economic crunch for fear of upsetting the fan base by releasing must haves that some can't afford.

They might be shying away from doing main characters during the economic crunch for fear of upsetting the fan base by releasing must haves that some can't afford.

I could see that but I have a feeling most people who collect this line will do whatever they can to get any main characters.

Seems like no one is talking about expansion packs here. I love anything in 1/6th scale that is not in the standard type body.

With the release of Vader and Stormtroopers, I really hope to see some Mouse Droids and Interrogation Droids.

I bet the next character is something lame like General Madine or whatever..Rebel leader lol, Sideshow could pull this off, he is one ugly SOB even for maybe 2secs of screen time in ROTJ. ahaha

3911-15886.gif

You know this guy loves little boi's. lol

Last edited:

I'm afraid thats already happened with me. I just can't afford Lando.. I really wish he'd appeared in the early days before this years huge price hike on human characters.

General Madine would be pretty good! I 'd get one. He was the first ROTJ Kenner figure I managed to find when they came out so he always brings back nice memories.

General Madine would be pretty good! I 'd get one. He was the first ROTJ Kenner figure I managed to find when they came out so he always brings back nice memories.

My brothers and i used to go "toy hunting" for ROTJ toys and since I was the youngest, my oldest got him and Han in his trenchcoat first. They would be nice enough to let me play with them, and I think that's what taught me how to treat toys better because if I would have broken them, they would kick my ass!

I'm hoping SS follows up Lando with some more "main secondary" characters like Dooku and Tarkin. Actually, now that we have ESB Luke, Han and Lando, give me a Bespin Leia. I love group characters you can display together.

Hoth Soldiers would be a nice way to go I think. It could lead on to Hoth Leia and Snowtrooper. I hope they produce that great cannon the Snowtroopers used. Loved that when I was a kid. It was just great to see them setting up this cannon on the spot.

As exspensive as it will be, i hope they nail a Snowtrooper Commander 12inch figure next, with the hard face mask not soft cloth..would definitely work well...but, then again its Sideshow..hit or miss...i would say my favorite SW sideshow figures are Old Ben and Qui-Gon.

Back