NEXT Star Wars 1/6th Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually not as black & white as that. :lol

The original vintage Kenner Snaggletooth figure, is an amalgam of TWO characters - & the cardback they used didn't help either.

The figure's HEAD, is based on 'Takeel' - this guy:

Takeel.jpg

This guy was one of two Snivvians that were at the cantina - in the film.

The body (with the exception of the bare hands & feet), is based on the guy on the cardback - that's Zutton:

bluesnag%20anh.jpg

This guy, wasn't in the film - he was in the Holiday Special TV film.

In other words - the Kenner figure is an anomaly.

Like the Hoth Han coat colour thing, Kenner are the masters of controversy. :lol

Yeah, I knew about those two different guys, but figured I'd leave it at the simple answer that Snaggletooth=Zutton and Hunchback=Takeel. Leave it alone, I say. It's not worth opening another can of worms like the coat color.

What'ya mean? :lol The discussion is fun! :)

Personally - I've always loved that Kenner did the 'blend' thing with the character. I much prefer Takeel's cute face :)lol) to Zutton's ugly mug. The way they did his space suit more maroon, & the black T-shirt style collar & the grey furry bare feet & hands, is also great. It's a departure, but a welcome one as far as I'm concerned. I've also always wanted to make a little custom Hasbro figure based on the OG Kenner Snags, but haven't yet.

I wonder what route SSC would go with Snags? Hasbro released a 'Zutton' in the POTJ line (Power Of The Jedi), & very recently did Takeel in one of the Vintage collection 3pack sets.

If they made a straight up Zutton - as in the SWHS guy, I'd pass.

I found this in the General section, cheers to Dragontron for posting.

Question #6; sounds like HT MAY be tackling Chewbacca - wow.

attachment.php

These guys clearly have their hands way too full. :lol

I found this in the General section, cheers to Dragontron for posting.

Question #6; sounds like HT MAY be tackling Chewbacca - wow.

Wow indeed. This is a surprise. But I must take this like a grain of salt. :lol
They can't even get Ep.III Anakin out the door, what's to think they can engineer an extremely unique body covered with fur done before 2030. :lol Weird, that there is no word on either Anakin or Han- but news on a Chewy! Wtf, Hot Toys. :lol

This will have real fur no doubt. I do think HT is ambitious enough to do it. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. While I've seen some very ambitious, well done and crafted customs none of the real fur Chewys do it for me. So with the resources and talent HT has I'm curious.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Last HC interview( Summer 2013) said that Anakin was going to be released by end of 2013... So,don't hold your breath too long for anything related to Hot Toys Star Wars

Reading the answer, it doesn't necessary soundss like the next figure will be Chewbacca. As i understand it, a Star Wars announcement is on its way AND Chewbacca is apparently added to the waitlist.

Reading the answer, it doesn't necessary soundss like the next figure will be Chewbacca. As i understand it, a Star Wars announcement is on its way AND Chewbacca is apparently added to the waitlist.
I don't think anyone here was implying that though. :lol

I posted that interview here, instead of creating a whole new thread.. then FLOSI goes & creates a whole new thread. :lol

Wasn't that clear to me :wink1: and i definitely hope we'll get Anakin, Han and Geonosis Padmé before Chewy.

Back