Next Popcultureshock item....Akuma Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About time I got a notice for this. Seemed like forever. I can't wait to see it in person.

I have to chose between this guy and the mechan zangief, that's a shame they are coming now together ...

anybody that has this on order and doesnt want to pick it up, pm me. i will pick it up from you and you can still get reward points. let me know. thanks.

Yea, maybe a bit exaggerated :D but I just check there's like 6 of them.

It's a mix between regular and EX. Still thats not many given the ES and it's a LS bust. Akuma is thee most popular SF character out there.

I received my shipping notice from SS today. If everything goes as planned, I will have both reg and Shin Akuma bust's in hand tomorrow. Will post pics asap.

Looks really small in those pics :google

Yeah, that's what she said.

Seriously though, the size is actually really nice because you will be able to display multiple busts on one shelf and not have to worry about space. It is big enough to show a lot of detail.

It's only 10" tall.

Received both busts today as expected. Very satisfied with the look and detail of this project. I do have some QC issues w/ the Shin Akuma, but the issues it has seem like an isolated case(back of the neck had some stuff glued on that damaged it and a couple of paint chips & paint flaws). I will be contacting SS about it soon. The regular Akuma bust is pretty much perfect. Here are a couple of pics to give you guys a good idea of what you'll be getting.

Got home and UPS had delivered the goods as promised:
SAM_0070.jpg

Two bust's in one box, but sadly not two for the price of one:
SAM_0071.jpg

Front view of each box:
SAM_0076.jpg

Out of the boxes the bust are wrapped in plastic w/ the beads on top of the plastic so they wont smudege or scrape. The top pony tail comes separate as seen on the top lefts of each box:
SAM_0077.jpg

Out of the box they are as advertised IMO:
SAM_0083.jpg

SAM_0084.jpg

SAM_0085.jpg

SAM_0087.jpg

Additional pics. Sorry about some of them being blurry, but I dont have a lot of practice taking pics and don't have a tri-pod.

Regular front view:
SAM_0091.jpg

Shin Akuma front view:
SAM_0094.jpg

Reg Akuma back view:
SAM_0106.jpg

Shin Akuma back view:
SAM_0104.jpg

Akuma busts family photo:
SAM_0103.jpg

Both busts fit perfectly as planned in lowest shelf of street Fighter display case:
SAM_0109.jpg

SAM_0110.jpg

Akuma shelf awaits another Akuma statue w/ light up eyes and limited to only 50 pieces....hhmmmmm:
SAM_0111.jpg

Other street fighter display case:
SAM_0113.jpg

Cases awaiting television and video game systems to be put in between both of them:
SAM_0114.jpg

Thanks for the comments and appreciation guys. It's a labor of love as you all must know and an expensive hobby at times. I've loved Street Fighter since I was very young. If the home versions of the arcade games weren't as perfect as they are, I would have bought a Street Fighter arcade a long time ago. Big screen, surround sound, and quality arcade sticks and the home experience can better than the arcade. If I had to buy a collectible and I could only choose one, it would have to be from the Street Fighter line. Very close second or possibly a toss up would be Metal Gear Solid, especially once REX comes out.

I included some additional pics of Shin Akuma before I send him back to SS for an exchange. I'm starting to get the hang of this new camera and I think these shots show more detail.

SAM_0132.jpg

SAM_0133.jpg

SAM_0129.jpg

SAM_0130.jpg

Slightly blurry:
SAM_0135.jpg

SAM_0141.jpg

Last edited:
Back