Next LOTR PF?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a Merry and Pippin on a Treebeard base?

WOW man, we had the same vision. THis is EXACTLY how I saw this, if this is going to happen. You make treebeard, or the top part anyway, and have them hanging on his shoulders and stuff.

That's the way to go with that. Has to be a set like that.

WOW man, we had the same vision. THis is EXACTLY how I saw this, if this is going to happen. You make treebeard, or the top part anyway, and have them hanging on his shoulders and stuff.

That's the way to go with that. Has to be a set like that.

It would have to have the shoulders and the head of treebeard, which sounds great, but obviously enormous. The weta bust of treebeard is already enormous enough.
It's a cool idea but a 1/4 scale treebeard head + shoulders + two hobbits would be serious $$$
Love this idea though :)

It would have to have the shoulders and the head of treebeard, which sounds great, but obviously enormous. The weta bust of treebeard is already enormous enough.
It's a cool idea but a 1/4 scale treebeard head + shoulders + two hobbits would be serious $$$
Love this idea though :)

there's no need for shoulders, Merry & Pippin sit in the branches above his head :)

24411M.jpg

I think a Merry/Pippin/Treebeard piece might be too big and expensive to do as a PF ...

... but ... they could easily do something like this for the 1/6 statue line!

(They've mentioned in the past that it's really the complexity of the clothing that drives up the cost of PFs more so than the size or amount of polystone. So including two characters would probably make this prohibitively expensive for a PF.)

But a statue could be ideal! It would kill three birds with one stone! (And it would be a bonus, since Treebeard is unlikely to be included in that line by himself because of his enormous size.)

Having them clinging to Treebeard could also lend itself well to the more dynamic, action-oriented, "swirly cloaks" aesthetic of the statue line.

That would be a great looking piece! :clap

I'd just be happy if they gave us gimli and boromir PFs don't really care for the hobbits. Could have Boromir pierced with an arrow from his last scene, switchout horn for EX:rock:
I'd really love gandalf on shadowfax PF just like the RWOS, I still have the original ssw statue, it's one of my favourites.

we already know Sauron is next after RWOS, so might not see the next one for quite some time.

I'd really love gandalf on shadowfax PF just like the RWOS, I still have the original ssw statue, it's one of my favourites.

Always wanted that SSW statue. Now RWOS is coming out though I doubt I will get it.
I had planned to get it somewhere down the line, but its always going for $$$ and there's PF sauron to consider and then hopefully more awsomeness to come. :pray:

A Fountain Guard is a great idea but not likely. It would hold appeal for hard core Ringers but not so much for casual collectors. SSC has a hard enough time moving household name heroes like Legolas, Frodo, Galadriel and GTG (even though he was one of the best PF figures - LOTR or otherwise). I just can't see them taking on a nameless good guy.

Since a Q&A response last year, stating that there would be a Saruman PF and Sauron PF for 2012, there hasn't been a squeak about Saruman. I wonder if SS just got bored with the idea and shelved it or if the LOTR license is winding down and they're trying to get Sauron out before it expires. (Warner Bros. had informed the LOTR licensees that none of them would be renewed - everything going forward would be for The Hobbit. I hope that either WB changed their minds or SS's license lasts for a long time to come!)

A Fountain Guard is a great idea but not likely. It would hold appeal for hard core Ringers but not so much for casual collectors. SSC has a hard enough time moving household name heroes like Legolas, Frodo, Galadriel and GTG (even though he was one of the best PF figures - LOTR or otherwise). I just can't see them taking on a nameless good guy.

this is true but i still feel "White Tree Guard" would make an awesome PF. another one i had in mind that is more likely or can fit into the current line or even possibly fit into the polystone statues line is Theoden, in his armour standing with that sweet heart shaped sword. aswell as helmet. would make a great PF to.

rotk032_TheodenArmor.jpg

eowyn-theoden.jpeg.jpg

Please give us a Boromir.

That's one that I've been waiting for forever.

Since a Q&A response last year, stating that there would be a Saruman PF and Sauron PF for 2012, there hasn't been a squeak about Saruman. I wonder if SS just got bored with the idea and shelved it or if the LOTR license is winding down and they're trying to get Sauron out before it expires. (Warner Bros. had informed the LOTR licensees that none of them would be renewed - everything going forward would be for The Hobbit. I hope that either WB changed their minds or SS's license lasts for a long time to come!)

If that's true it's not a very smart move by WB. Why wouldn't they want to double-dip and get as much $$$ as they can from both LOTR & The Hobbit? Has that info been verified anywhere?

My top 10 most wanted in order:

1. Gimli
2. Arwen
3. Boromir
4. Merry, Pippen & Sam (don't stretch it out just do the rest, and a new Frodo headsculpt would also be nice)
5. Saruman
6. GTW on Shadowfax
7. Elrond
8. Faramir
9. Eowyn
10. Eomer

I thought that Newline had the rights for the LOTR licenses and Warner Bross for the Hobbit...but after you have told here, I'm not sure in this moment.
Do you know what's right?
Thanks

I don't believe that, there's no way i can see that Weta will be dropping their LOTR line, what with environments etc.

Back