1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I highly doubt they'll ever make Kuill since they'll likely have to develop a new body that will only be used once, and I'm sure Hot Toys isn't too keen on doing that for an Ugnaught. Armorer yeah, I should have put her in there too but was only thinking of helmetless figures.

This definitely was not a great run for Star Wars.

Slightly modified Jawa body would likely work great for Kuiil. He was probably the most important character in season one after Mando and the Child. With Cara Dune probably right behind Kuiil:(

Yeah I was going to throw out, Jawa, Wicket, Yoda, I'm sure they can cobble together a body of appropriate size with all the stuff they have or with minimal new parts. Give me a blurg too and charge $350, I'll buy him.

Yeah I was going to throw out, Jawa, Wicket, Yoda, I'm sure they can cobble together a body of appropriate size with all the stuff they have or with minimal new parts. Give me a blurg too and charge $350, I'll buy him.

Kuiil would be awesome, but he'd be the fig that would drag me fully into Mando 1/6 and that really wouldn't be a good thing (I mean I'm currently deep in SW Holiday Special 1/6 for crying out loud.):lol And a 1/6 Kuiil/Blurg would be even more awesome/not good.

I did see a pretty cool 3D sculpt print of a 1/6 Kuiil head on eBay but the cast wasn't great.

I highly doubt they'll ever make Kuill since they'll likely have to develop a new body that will only be used once, and I'm sure Hot Toys isn't too keen on doing that for an Ugnaught. Armorer yeah, I should have put her in there too but was only thinking of helmetless figures.

This definitely was not a great run for Star Wars.
Kuill could be re-used as a generic ugnaunt.
And I?m sure the Jawa body or similar could be used. Same sideshow are out of the game as they had the hobbit figures.

Kuill could be re-used as a generic ugnaunt.
And I?m sure the Jawa body or similar could be used. Same sideshow are out of the game as they had the hobbit figures.

All the comments about the Jawa body have credence, I guess I didn't think of that, but I thought people said the Hot Toys Jawa was really bad with a crappy body, so I'm not sure you want that in the long run.

Also, I don't feel confident about much anymore, but I feel very confident in saying there is absolutely no chance they would even consider making a generic ugnaught, Kuill or no Kuill.

All the comments about the Jawa body have credence, I guess I didn't think of that, but I thought people said the Hot Toys Jawa was really bad with a crappy body, so I'm not sure you want that in the long run.

The top criticisms about the Hot Toys Jawa were:

1. Price
2. Robe Color
3. Eye Color
4. Base/Stand Cover

I think the body was okay. It was the Sideshow Jawas that had floppy boddies.

The top criticisms about the Hot Toys Jawa were:

1. Price
2. Robe Color
3. Eye Color
4. Base/Stand Cover

I think the body was okay. It was the Sideshow Jawas that had floppy boddies.

My HT body had a somewhat floppy elbow joint (of course on his right arm where he holds the huge blaster.)

Oddly, my SSC Jawa bodies weren't noticeably bad (I think mine are "second batch" - if that was even real,) though I've heard hat if you repose them frequently - like use the joints a lot - they get looser with use.

And I would add height to the criticism of the HT - I made mine taller by maybe 3/4" - and the eye function itself, not just color. They just don't show up like the Sideshow ones do. The Sideshow eyes are perfect - they show up well unlit too. It was also bad that HT put the switch in the same stupid spot that SSC did.

In the end I was even somewhat disappointed with the HT robe fabric itself. The texture is perfect but it doesn't drape/flow as well as I'd hoped.

I have a SSC second batch Jawa set and the bodies are fine overall as well. The second batch for those was real as there was a clear tell based on how the bottom fringe of the robes were cut. The first batch were the ones with really floppy bodies.

I have a SSC second batch Jawa set and the bodies are fine overall as well. The second batch for those was real as there was a clear tell based on how the bottom fringe of the robes were cut. The first batch were the ones with really floppy bodies.

How can you tell on the fringes? I'm pretty sure I have a first release set, bought it on eBay, but wanted to confirm.

The best thing about that character is that I can just go outside and find him in 1/6 scale for free.

Yeah, but would it be the genuine article? I was thinking of 3D printing a few dozen and selling them for $250 a piece. I'll even throw in one of those Hot Toys sand bases everyone loves. If anyone wants one just PM me. Here's an early prototype...

hand-holding-a-rock-cropped-shutterstock_39356899-400x400.jpg

Officially 30 days without a Star Wars announcement. I feel as though I can no longer look at Wor-Gar as my board idol. A fallen idol, perhaps.

Unless Hot Toys goes for a "New" Captain America or Baron Zemo from Falcon and Winter Soldier, we may get a surprise Star Wars announcement. Likely something teased already but something Star Wars at least.

At this point I'm afraid we won't see anything new until May 4th. I would expect a couple reveals then. Probably Mando Luke and Mando V3 but I'm hoping for something more out of left field like Kuiil for example.

Back