1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We all know Slave Leia ain’t happening. A Yakface could be very cool. The band would be as well. Lots of good designs in Jabba’s court.
All of the above is where Sideshow could've made a killing. They're pretty good at alien figures and there's so much goodness in Jabba's palace in that regard. Honestly, I think the aliens of the palace are cooler than the ANH cantina aliens...

All of the above is where Sideshow could've made a killing. They're pretty good at alien figures and there's so much goodness in Jabba's palace in that regard. Honestly, I think the aliens of the palace are cooler than the ANH cantina aliens...
I like both. The cantina was done very quickly with little money but it’s very effective, the original anyway, with the atmosphere, the music, some of the designs like the band and Hammerhead are genius. When they did the reshoot some of the masks were just off the shelf from Rick Bakers collection.

The palace had great creators with people like Freeborn and Tippett and tons more money. But I agree overall there are so many great creatures. I love Ephant Mon tbh.

I’m as excited as the next guy for the ROTJ anniversay line, especially after seeing the insane lineup we got for AOTC, but I feel like it will be a major let down for multiple reasons.

- Hot Toys rarely makes Star Wars aliens.

- Issues with Harrison Ford.

- Slave Leia will be denied by Disney.

- General Lando is unlikely after seeing how badly ESB Lando has sold.

- We got a lot from ROTJ already with Luke, Palpatine, Leia, Wicket, Royal Guards, Stormtroopers, Scout Trooper.

Only thing I see as a guarantee on that list is Vader with Shaw sculpt and a good chance for Leia Boushh. Outside of that I’m kind of worried there won’t be much.

But I’d love to see Vader, Lando, Slave Leia, Endor Han, Ackbar, Nien Nunb to go with my other ROTJ figures.

I’m as excited as the next guy for the ROTJ anniversay line, especially after seeing the insane lineup we got for AOTC, but I feel like it will be a major let down for multiple reasons.

- We got a lot from ROTJ already with Luke, Palpatine, Leia, Wicket, Royal Guards, Stormtroopers, Scout Trooper.

Only thing I see as a guarantee on that list is Vader with Shaw sculpt and a good chance for Leia Boushh. Outside of that I’m kind of worried there won’t be much.

But I’d love to see Vader, Lando, Slave Leia, Endor Han, Ackbar, Nien Nunb to go with my other ROTJ figures.
just let the dude enjoys his fantasy

Im interested to see if they tackle some of the characters from jabbas palace but im expecting the ROTJ vader and most likely the diecast c3po with ewok village chair.

Pretty much exactly what you said. Unless they work out whatever issues with ford, it might be a dud.

I don’t think they will go all in on ROJ. The only guarantee is Vader because they have already done him in 1/4.
I reckon Boushh is a definite possibility because again fairly easy for them to do at this point, they have the sculpt and the rest is just a variation on Boba, new helmet. Beyond that I guess Ackbar is a possibility and if Threepio sells they could do a shiny version of him.

Ackbar with chair 🙏
Threepio with throne!

And Boushh with Kenner accurate rifle!
123EC2FD-A190-4503-9920-2339EE458AF0.jpeg

Is there any known reason why Sideshow slowed down on making more Star Wars 1/6ths? They were on a roll making them years ago

Inferior quality at similar price do not make sells.
Honestly, I think at this stage in the game people happily accept different subjects at inferior quality at similar price.

They've been diversifying their subjects in recent years and even when some of their early reports of horrid QA come in some people are still more than happy to buy Animated clone wars figures or what not because it's not like Hot Toys is going to make them.

That's just on this board as well. There are still plenty of customers that are less die hard. To them sideshow and Hot toys are interchangeable.

Although I can't wait for the ROTJ anniversary next year, I've got my eye on the ANH 50th. All new figures with rolling eyes, led lightsabers, diorama bases?

Although I can't wait for the ROTJ anniversary next year, I've got my eye on the ANH 50th. All new figures with rolling eyes, led lightsabers, diorama bases?
Sucks that we’d have to wait 4 years for that (I’m gonna pretend it’s 2023 already. But I’ll be buying whatever they release none the less.

Back