Next Diorama?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which diorama would you like to see next?

• Hobbits hiding under the tree from the ringwraith

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Witch King/Wraiths vs Frodo/Hobbits

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The Council of Elrond

Votes: 11 9.9%
  • The Fellowship at the gates of Moria

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • The Fellowship vs the Cave Troll (In seperate pieces)

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Treebeard with Merry and Pippin

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Sam vs Shelob

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Gandalf the White on the walls of Minas Tirith

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Eowyn (And Merry?) vs the Morgul Lord

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Sam carrying Frodo up Mount Doom

Votes: 12 10.8%

• Total voters
Again I state, I made my comment on a personal note. It's perfectly fine if you don't agree with me :). I just stated the main reasons for me why not to buy the majority of the diorama's that are out there. For instance the diorama of Helm's Deep would definitely have been "mine" when Aragorn's expression was different. Same goes with the Golden Hall diorama.

I too hope they continue to make diorama's because I really love the idea of diorama's in general. It's like owning a scene of the movie. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Well I certainly agree with this! :) :rock :duff

Everyone BUY that dio!!! Come on Sideshow, release lots more cool dio's! I'll buy the entire edition size if it keeps them coming!!

Sorry,i just cancelled mine:monkey2

Even though i love the piece (who doesnt love a Balrog?),i dont have any of the other dios so i dont wana get into another line really,im concentrating on PF's at the mo as im playin catch up:)

On a personal note:

1st dio:
You can hardly call the Frodo-Gollum diorama a diorama if you ask me. The likeness of Frodo was the best they ever created, oddly enough.

2nd dio:
Aragorn's likeness is definitely there, but the lack of expression on his face ruined this otherwise very nice dio for me.

3rd dio:
A Wormtongue looking like Michael Jackson on a bad day and a Theoden that doesn't look like Theoden... again an easy pass.

4th dio:
Eagle vs FellBeast: even though the dio is pretty huge, I bought it and I love it. The reason I think that it's still up for second change is that the dimensions are a bit too much for people to properly put it on show.

5th dio:
Gandalf looks like a LEGO puppet and is too cartoonish to be taken seriously. I really appreciate that SS had the guts to create this dio because it looks very good, apart from the tiny Gandalf. But of course, at that scale you couldn't expect anything else.

So I don't think it's a matter of people not wanting dio's of Lord of the Rings. It's more a problem with other things (at least, that's my opinion).

Oh and I might have mixed up the order the dio's came out, but you get my point. :cool:

How about Gandalf vs Saruman?

I only collect the dio's so if they do stop them then that's my Sideshow spending days over! Unless they re-team with Weta for the Hobbit!!
But of course this is all silly talk cos they're not going to stop the dio's for a while!

DC3.jpg
[/IMG]

Excellent dio for the size and great likeness (imo). The Treachery of Saruman is waaaaay more than just a dio! What a centre piece. Would love to see Elrond looking surprised at the appearance of Sam, Merry and Pip when talking to Frodo :banana

Back