Next 1:4 Hot Toys line ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, they aren't doing it to piss anyone off but rather to maintain their market share. If they don't make a 1:4 figure , it means EB is pretty much dominating the 1:4 market. Now there are also NECA and Play Imaginative getting into the 1:4 game but they aren't trying to do mix media figures like EB or HT. Still it's always good to know that there's a more affordable alternative out there.

:goodpost::exactly:

Soon_4fe93a_2329306.jpg

That's what I said...Taking the piss :lol

Maybe you are right. It's just that me and my "figure friends" have noticed how Hot Toys have been following their competitors. Enterbay announced their 1:4 scale series and Hot Toys followed with their 1:4 Dark Knight Trilogy figure. I think that's why Enterbay was only able to do the Begins suit. HT even beat EB to release an 1:4 Endoskeleton from Terminator.
Then comes Play Imaginative and their Super Alloy series. HT followed by announcing their "Die Cast" series.

No, they aren't doing it to piss anyone off but rather to maintain their market share. If they don't make a 1:4 figure , it means EB is pretty much dominating the 1:4 market. Now there are also NECA and Play Imaginative getting into the 1:4 game but they aren't trying to do mix media figures like EB or HT. Still it's always good to know that there's a more affordable alternative out there.

I don't believe they do have intentions to make 1/4 figures.

They are simply getting the license at the same time they get the 1/6 licenses and holding them to stop Enterbay and others from doing it.

They are simply getting the license at the same time they get the 1/6 licenses and holding them to stop Enterbay and others from doing it.

:lecture

Which comes across as rather petty I think. When you're ruling 1:6 who gives a $h!t if another company is taking up a scale that ultimately will never become as popular.

I think that maybe that was their original plan but after seeing that their were others invested in the up and rising 1/4 scale world,they decided it would be in their best interest to stick with what they know which is 1/6!Of course,they made announcements of upcoming figures in 1/4 which they plan to complete but I wouldn't hold my breath on any new announcements anytime soon!:wink1:
I think they're done with 1:4. They were just announcing it to take the piss from EB :lol
Yeah,I don't think Howard counted on EB succeeding with their 1/4 HD line!:dunno

:exactly:
:lecture

Which comes across as rather petty I think. When you're ruling 1:6 who gives a $h!t if another company is taking up a scale that ultimately will never become as popular.
:exactly::hi5:

Back