New York Comic-Con 2013 (NYCC)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iMan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thankfully I will be in the states during October before I head to my new base so I will be able to attend NYCC. I am going for 3 days (Fri-Sun) and I am staying in the city at a Military Hotel.

Who else is planning on going? Want to try and arrange a freaks meet-up?

Info:
https://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/

Awesome Mike! We definitely need to meet up. Did you go last year?

Is this your first time going? If not, can you give some tips to a newbie Con-goer like me? :pray:

My third straight year,u need more than a day to run through that place. If theirs something that dosent interest u stay away from that section to avoid the frustration of the big crowds. And plan for your feet to hurt lol!!!!!!! It's fun have a great time and get their early.

Agreed. When I went, I managed to have a lot of fun (even though I blew out my ankle when we arrived in NYC), but, as It0778 said, it's definitely good to go in with a plan. We're naturally curious, so we're bound to check things out, but, I'd recommend getting a schedule of the panels, finding the ones you want to go to, and then looking at a map of the show floor with the various booths that you want to see beforehand.

That being said, that's just a suggestion, I pretty much just free balled it.:lol

I'm probably going. I've been going for the past 4 years or so on the Sundays. I usually meet up with a buddy of mine and look at the booths and also see a couple of old friends of ours from HS who are comic book artists.

Thanks for the tips guys. I am pretty excited. I wish I could've made it to SDCC but the timing was off and I am still here in Japan. NYCC works out that I am in the states for it.

I saw the guest list for last year and I hope it is as good, if not better. Christopher Lloyd, Stan Lee and tons of others that I have got to meet.

Don't know how I missed this...but I'll be at NYCC this year again :hi5:

Would love to meet the East Coast chapter of SSF! I'll follow this thread closely!

i will be there also...wish it was as good as the west coast comic con's..

For someone who has already been, where is a good place to meet up and hang out?

I am pretty sure I am going by myself since my wife will be on a cruise to the Bahamas that week so I wouldn't mind meeting up and walking the floor with some SSF peeps.

I've always went with my son on Sunday so I always rolled solo so I don't know where to meet but the main hall would probably be the best bet I would say.

I've always went with my son on Sunday so I always rolled solo so I don't know where to meet but the main hall would probably be the best bet I would say.

Sweet. Once it gets closer, we can plan something more concrete. I still need to figure out what day I am flying up there. I am going 3 days so I think I might stay for 5.

Yeah, I'm down to meet with any members any day and roll the whole day...I have to be there for work so no wife or kid with me :panic:

Just let me know! :hi5:

Ok. I will convert this to a meet-up thread around September so that we can get a plan down and get something in concrete. :)

Back