Premium Format New Wolverine Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As nice as the ex head looks I'll never display an unmasked portrait of Wolverine. I think ordering this (a regular) from BBTS with 4$ shipping is the way to go. SSC will probably end up charging you like 40$-50$.

If free shipping is offered on this one then yes that would be the best route.

For those of us outside the USA, the costs are quite a bit different, and we won't be getting free shipping on this (at least until a year after it actually ships, and even then I doubt it).

Buying the CE locally could probably save me about 250 USD (maybe more, maybe less). But I very much like that unmasked headsculpt. The only time I've felt the need to buy an exclusive was the Dark Phoenix piece.

What irritates me is that for those in the US, the cost difference between the Exclusive and CE is negligible, but for those of us outside the US, it's significantly more because we're able to source the CE locally.

What irritates me is that for those in the US, the cost difference between the Exclusive and CE is negligible, but for those of us outside the US, it's significantly more because we're able to source the CE locally.

I'd be frustrated, too. I have the same concern over ordering XM's Marvel pieces. I think their Phoenix and Storm are beautiful statues, but I've made a decision not to pay the enormous shipping costs anymore. I'll just have to admire them from afar.

I'd be frustrated, too. I have the same concern over ordering XM's Marvel pieces. I think their Phoenix and Storm are beautiful statues, but I've made a decision not to pay the enormous shipping costs anymore. I'll just have to admire them from afar.

I think their Storm looks magnificent. But I've got no where to put her

Currently I've only got a small area that I've got reserved for comic based pieces, with the majority being movie related pieces.

If I get this Wolverine, I'll probably just end up boxing up my brown Wolverine.

That Storm looks off with the switch outs

Kinda looks like a drag queen

Both Magneto and Wolverine will be preordered

I saved $200 worth of rewards for both

For those of us outside the USA, the costs are quite a bit different, and we won't be getting free shipping on this (at least until a year after it actually ships, and even then I doubt it).

Buying the CE locally could probably save me about 250 USD (maybe more, maybe less). But I very much like that unmasked headsculpt. The only time I've felt the need to buy an exclusive was the Dark Phoenix piece.

Is it really that much? Where are you? I’m in Southwestern Ontario and I’ve calculated the difference to be negligible when I factor in a $20 off code and reward points. Also, the closest retailer to me is an hour drive away.

Is it really that much? Where are you? I’m in Southwestern Ontario and I’ve calculated the difference to be negligible when I factor in a $20 off code and reward points. Also, the closest retailer to me is an hour drive away.

Sydney Australia!

So shipping is a bit of pain. 1/4 statue is at least $150 USD plus an additional 10% (at least) for GST/value added tax plus other custom duties.

Plus I usually get 10% to 19% off from my local retailer made up by my standard 10% discount and on most Sideshow pieces now they give another early bird preorder discount of 10%. And shipping is 'free' Australia wide. Other Aussie/NZ stores that I use charge the same or more and charge for shipping.

Sydney Australia!

So shipping is a bit of pain. 1/4 statue is at least $150 USD plus an additional 10% (at least) for GST/value added tax plus other custom duties.

Plus I usually get 10% to 19% off from my local retailer made up by my standard 10% discount and on most Sideshow pieces now they give another early bird preorder discount of 10%. And shipping is 'free' Australia wide. Other Aussie/NZ stores that I use charge the same or more and charge for shipping.

Ahhh, that makes sense then, in Canada, we get hosed no matter what. Retailers I’ve looked at offer little to no discount and charge as much shipping as Sideshow. I’ve never really been a fan of unmasked, I’d go with that. On this one, the unmasked is nice, but if you can save a lot, I like the masked way more.

Ahhh, that makes sense then, in Canada, we get hosed no matter what. Retailers I’ve looked at offer little to no discount and charge as much shipping as Sideshow. I’ve never really been a fan of unmasked, I’d go with that. On this one, the unmasked is nice, but if you can save a lot, I like the masked way more.

Yep.

I myself like options on my statues. Especially when significantly different headsculpts are involved.

Interchangeable arms/hands I've learnt to live without.

I’m ready for the PO tomorrow. Bring it. I am, for whatever reason, excited to allocate $575 to a statue that will sit there that I probably won’t get for close to another year lol. And I’m ok with that.

I’m ready for the PO tomorrow. Bring it. I am, for whatever reason, excited to allocate $575 to a statue that will sit there that I probably won’t get for close to another year lol. And I’m ok with that.

Hopefully it's better than the 18 month wait on the Prime 1 pieces I've been preordering recently.

Though I'm guessing this piece will also be 2019.

Just seems so long away!

Sydney Australia!

The cost of getting stuff to Aus sucks, but where do you get your CE from? From my knowledge pop cultcha is the place that distributes SS, P1 and IS stuff but the price usually is the same as the piece plus shipping from US.

So for example SS Ex Carnage PF on Sideshow's website is $479.99 USD and shipping to Aus is $150.59 USD. I have a $15 off promo voucher so my total = $615.58 USD
$615.58 USD = $815.51 AUD (approx)
Pop cultcha is selling CE Carnage PF for $799.99 Aud (free shipping in Aus).

So if I order from sideshow I'm paying an extra $15 AUD ($11.50 USD) to get the exclusive version.

So to me I don't see why I wouldn't just order directly from Sideshow unless the product is over $1000 AUD then there are import charges but if it's under $1000 AUD I'm going for the ex

The cost of getting stuff to Aus sucks, but where do you get your CE from? From my knowledge pop cultcha is the place that distributes SS, P1 and IS stuff but the price usually is the same as the piece plus shipping from US.

So for example SS Ex Carnage PF on Sideshow's website is $479.99 USD and shipping to Aus is $150.59 USD. I have a $15 off promo voucher so my total = $615.58 USD
$615.58 USD = $815.51 AUD (approx)
Pop cultcha is selling CE Carnage PF for $799.99 Aud (free shipping in Aus).

So if I order from sideshow I'm paying an extra $15 AUD ($11.50 USD) to get the exclusive version.

So to me I don't see why I wouldn't just order directly from Sideshow unless the product is over $1000 AUD then there are import charges but if it's under $1000 AUD I'm going for the ex

I order the bulk of my stuff from Popcultcha. But as I mentioned I order early, so I get 10% preorder discount (1st 3 weeks), plus my own 10% discount which is a total of 19% off.

But even when looking at Prime 1 pieces, which don't get the preorder discount, I still save about $300 AUD.

And I think your a little bit behind on the import legislation. Since 1st July everything is 'supposed' to be hit by GST and any associated duties. But I'm told collection is still a bit in the air.

I order the bulk of my stuff from Popcultcha. But as I mentioned I order early, so I get 10% preorder discount (1st 3 weeks), plus my own 10% discount which is a total of 19% off.

But even when looking at Prime 1 pieces, which don't get the preorder discount, I still save about $300 AUD.

And I think your a little bit behind on the import legislation. Since 1st July everything is 'supposed' to be hit by GST and any associated duties. But I'm told collection is still a bit in the air.

How do you get the 10% discount?

I haven't bought a Prime 1 piece before but I'll be Pre ordering the New 52 Batman so am I better off getting it through pop cultcha?

I'm not sure how it works with GST now, even so, the 10% gst would be worth paying for the ex head on wolverine in my opinion.

How do you get the 10% discount?

I haven't bought a Prime 1 piece before but I'll be Pre ordering the New 52 Batman so am I better off getting it through pop cultcha?

I'm not sure how it works with GST now, even so, the 10% gst would be worth paying for the ex head on wolverine in my opinion.

Two ways. Either by using their rewards system to get 10% or by becoming a VIP customer by buying probably too much. And the additional 10% for early preorder on nearly every Sideshow and Hot Toys piece put on their website.

An example of one of my orders is the Captain Phasma that I preordered. It's $530 USD plus $150 estimated shipping = $680 USD is about $882 AUD plus $69 GST (if caught) plus $29 for 3% forex charge totals to $980 AUD but my cost from Popcultcha is $648 AUD ($800 less 19%) for a potential savings of $332 AUD... sorry to the people who hate math.

Two ways. Either by using their rewards system to get 10% or by becoming a VIP customer by buying probably too much. And the additional 10% for early preorder on nearly every Sideshow and Hot Toys piece put on their website.

An example of one of my orders is the Captain Phasma that I preordered. It's $530 USD plus $150 estimated shipping = $680 USD is about $882 AUD plus $69 GST (if caught) plus $29 for 3% forex charge totals to $980 AUD but my cost from Popcultcha is $648 AUD ($800 less 19%) for a potential savings of $332 AUD... sorry to the people who hate math.

Yeah if you can save $332 AUD I don't blame you. For me I have Venom and Carnage on PO through Sideshow currently and for me the Ex on both was a must so the extra money is 100% worth it to me. I will possibly get the New 52 Batman off popcultcha if the ex isn't worth is through Sideshow, but Wolverine ex is a must and I'll have to wait and see what they do for Magneto before I decide. Luckily these payment plans exists and give us time to slowly pay these off

I love this piece and definitely order tomorrow. However, I somehow still love the brown costume version... Just something about that piece that I never get bore looking at it.... This piece will be an addition to my collection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Back