New Thundercats "Staction" figures coming by Icon Heroes!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Thundercats "Staction" figures coming!!!

Not to mention the NECA ones being much nicer looking and like 1/2 the price.

The NECA ones actually sold at 1/4 to 1/3 of the price. You could get the whole Wave for that much and they had removable parts and many of the pieces were sculpted separately. The Lion-O is very unimpressive. Hopefully PCS does good with their take on the 1/4 scale of Thundercats.

OK.... so...
some news regarding this...
From Toynewsi

Icon Heroes To Do Statues Of Thundercats Vehicles - Thunderclaw
by Jay Cochran in Thundercats at 09:10 AM on 2010.07.07

It appears based on this prototype image Icon Heroes have released they will be doing statues based on Thundercats vehicles along with their 6" Staticon figures. Shown below is a first look at their upcoming Thunderclaw vehicle which they say will include a statue of Lion-O leading the charge.

Also check the official website:

https://www.iconheroes.com/

DSC09692.JPGg

Looks pretty sweet!!!:clap
Hopefully the Lion-O here will be better than the Staction...

BTW guys, the SDCC exclusive comes with the short Sword of Omens and sand-like base:

DSC_00071.jpg

While the Regular edition comes with the elongated SOO and a forest-like base...

dsc00082c.jpg

Not a big fan but if I had to pick one it would be the regular edition...

Update:

Thunderclaw Scale

Here's a look at our upcoming Thundercats Thunderclaw statue next to one of the soon-to-be-released Lion-O statues. Please note the Lion-O pictured here is not the Lion-O that comes with the Thunderclaw, it is purely shown for reference.

IMG_6140.jpg

Not sure if I'll get into this vehicle line... unless they release a ThunderTank of course!!! :lol

Looks good scale-wise though... and Lion-O looks much better sans the crappy painting IMO...

Oh, and a quick look @ the Lion-O SDCC exclusive art box...
meh... quite underwhelming...

IMG_2187.JPG

Update:

IMG_6140.jpg

Not sure if I'll get into this vehicle line... unless they release a ThunderTank of course!!! :lol

Looks good scale-wise though... and Lion-O looks much better sans the crappy painting IMO...

Oh, and a quick look @ the Lion-O SDCC exclusive art box...
meh... quite underwhelming...

IMG_2187.JPG

thats right buddy!! thundertank!!!!:goodpost: with panthro

granted what we have seen so far is only prototypes, and not finished product so maybe that's why they look crappy so far. but even with a better paint job and more details it would be hard justifying paying more than $15 bucks for the figures and maybe $25 for the vehicles

granted what we have seen so far is only prototypes, and not finished product so maybe that's why they look crappy so far. but even with a better paint job and more details it would be hard justifying paying more than $15 bucks for the figures and maybe $25 for the vehicles

agreed on the price!! they cant possibly be more than the motu ones. those were awesome!!!

it makes sense to us that they shouldn't charge too much for them. But I'm sure they're thinking that they can charge MOTUC prices or higher for these because of the demand for the masters, and I'm sure they are banking on the hype that will be built up over the new cartoon next year. Bandai will have a high bar to reach for, and if they fail people will probably be going for anything resembling the old series.

SDCC Exclusive "review"...

https://www.neonpunch.com/icon-heroes-thundercats/

Icon Heroes Brings Back the ‘Thundercats’ Starting with Lion-O
MONDAY 12 JULY 2010 9:48 AM

We got our hands on the Comic-Con exclusive first!

Thunder! Thunder! Thundercats – Hooooooooo!
You remember that iconic battle cry from the 80’s cartoon series The Thundercats? Well along with everything else from the 80’s its back and in a new line of collectible statues starting with their leader: Lion-O.
Icon Heroes recently got the license from Warner Bros who owns the property and in time for the Comic-Con International in the US, they are releasing a limited edition Lion-O statue and we have the very first images of it before it makes its debut for purchase on July 22.
The statue is made of polyresin, so its not poseable but it comes ready to display right out of the box. It has 2 metal pins in its feet to attach to the base. Standing 6″ tall, Lion-O is ready to call the rest of the team into battle against Mumm-Ra and his mutant horde.
The Lion-O statue is limited to only 500 pieces and these can only be purchased at the comic convention in San Diego but we were able to get this early version and snap some photos.

img_2115.jpg

img_2116.jpg

img_2172.jpg

img_2121.jpg

Looks a bit better, but NOT for $60.00...
I'm quite a bit disappointed... I had high hopes for this line... might get the regular version depending on the price tag...

Last edited:

I have to say I wasn't really looking forward to this line but my interest was peaked to see what they would do.

After seeing these photos and for that price :lol, um no!

I was hoping someone was going to do Thundercat's right but so far from what we've seen I have to say Pop Culture is our last hope.

Does anyone know how much they are going to retail for?? Hope not for $60. The MOTU ones looked better and were $20. I would really like to put these next to the MOTU ones but not for more than$25.

Back