New Thundercats "Staction" figures coming by Icon Heroes!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Thundercats "Staction" figures coming!!!

I don't know squat about licensing agreements between companies, but I'm not sure this means Mattel can't make a Classics line. Possibly makes it less likely now, but I still think it's possible.

If two companies can have statue licenses, I don't see why WB can't license out 2 six inch scaled lines - especially if they're going to have different stylings. I'm sure SDCC will reveal all though.

Honestly, if this company (never heard of them) can put out a product that's as nice as the Neca MOTU stactions were, I'd be fine skipping a Mattel line, especially if they managed it anything like MOTUC.

Yep, that's what I'm hoping... we'll see...

So they'll be like McFarlane did with Spawn toys for a long time. That's cool - better than nothing.

Nope... :slap

Does SS have the license currently or are you just saying you would only be buying PF's regardless of who makes what?

Refering to the ones being made by Popcultureshock.

Cue the Price is Right loser music.

:rotfl good one Deak. yeah I feel the same way, but whats more troubling is if these things don't sell well are they gonna scrap plans for full action figures?? Because I have no intention of buying these things.

Either gimmie the real figs or GO HOME!

Thanks to Mando who posted this on the MOTU thread:

First image of the Lion-O staction figure from popcultureshock. I'm sure there's a TC thread for this but regardless it'll reach all the right people here.

6962d1275792033-first-image-icon-heroess-6-lion-o-staction-31745_1197597118951_1799191008_376767_2338702_n.jpg

https://www.figures.com/forums/news/10686-first-image-icon-heroess-6-lion-o-staction.html

Looks OK, but a bit "soul-less"... I'll wait for more pics...

Ha! I knew there'd be a thread for it, Thanks, Kuzeh!

I'm all over this but I think the "mascara" for lack of a better term is too heavy. You can barely even see the reds of his eyes and the lnes under the eyelids are too prominent. Also his eyebrows REALLY oughtta be red.

That said I'm thinking this is a quick proto to address the speculation at hand and if carried out well (like this) I will be buying these like plastic crack.

I will probably be buying these as well. I hope they make a Pumyra.

Meh....looks cheap. Was never interested in this to begin with.

BTW,
The pic kind of overshadowed this info:

Hot on the heels of all the new ThunderCats news, Icon Heroes has released the first official image of their upcoming 6" Lion-O Staction Figure. While the master toy license has been awarded to Bandai, Icon Heroes has secured the 6" scale statue license and will be producing mini statues of the ThunderCats and their minions of Third Earth as well. But it does not stop there, the license will also include vehicle replicas and enviromental dioramas all based on the beloved classic animated show from the '80s.

Each Staction Figure is scaled appropriately so that they can be displayed individually or alongside other 6-inch action figures and statues. The first wave of Staction Figures scheduled for release will consist of Lion-O, Jackal Man, and Jaga. Other products to be released include the Thunderclaw, Cat's Lair, and many more.

Details regarding the talent behind this project have not been revealed as of yet but based on this image of Lion-O, we have a strong hunch that we know who it may be...

I hope these environments are cool looking!!
And that Mattel takes notes for Grayskull Castle... :tap

:lol :lol

$60 for that hunk of ____... they must be high :lol

:lol :lol

$60 for that hunk of ____... they must be high :lol

they must be high. and the worst part is...they're not sharing what they're smoking! at least with the NECA Motu stactions the weapons were removable. lion-fail here is just one big piece of...well see the above quote

Not to mention the NECA ones being much nicer looking and like 1/2 the price.

the thing about the NECA stactions is that they were a "plan B" only released that way because of the death of the 200x toy line. if it had gone on to success then they would have been released as figures.

Back