new TDK Joker sculpt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah.. it wasn't like you said it out of the blue or in a random thread. It was prompted by the conversation in this thread.. and I understood your point completely. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Keep it civil guys. If you don't like something, kindly say why and what could be done to improve it. Comments like "it looks like crap" or even "doesn't look like Heath" do not help anyone. Constructive criticisim please.

Remember, if sculpting was easy, everyone would do it.

Looking MUCH better - be careful when using images of Ledger without the Joker makeup - the prosthetics actually changed the shape of his face quite a bit. Think about how much he still didnt look like himself in the scene where he shot at the mayor... I thought you had a pretty decent likeness from the start - at the rate your going, it'll be perfect before too long.

In my honest opinion your sculpt is the weakest of the three in that picture posted back on pg5, with hot toys being the best, but keep up the mods, it's getting there.

Last edited:
Looking MUCH better - be careful when using images of Ledger without the Joker makeup - the prosthetics actually changed the shape of his face quite a bit. Think about how much he still didnt look like himself in the scene where he shot at the mayor... I thought you had a pretty decent likeness from the start - at the rate your going, it'll be perfect before too long.

That's actually a good point - the photo posted of Ledger that your sculpt now looks very much like is him in a rather pleasant sort of mood. While I still think you should keep going on this sculpt (to create a great, prosthetic-free Ledger) you might find that in his role as the Joker the emotion he put into the role changed the shape of the facial muscles. The pic of him with the appliances on, but no other make-up actually looks almost nothing like the character of the Joker we saw.

Agreed. I did a quick make-up job in photoshop over that Ledger photo and, though it is Ledger, it didn't look like the Joker. Those test shots are pretty good reference for the scars, though Heat brought that make-up to life 10 times over.

That's actually a good point - the photo posted of Ledger that your sculpt now looks very much like is him in a rather pleasant sort of mood. While I still think you should keep going on this sculpt (to create a great, prosthetic-free Ledger) you might find that in his role as the Joker the emotion he put into the role changed the shape of the facial muscles. The pic of him with the appliances on, but no other make-up actually looks almost nothing like the character of the Joker we saw.

Yup. To my eye he was usually pushing his lips and the entire lower portion of his face forward. That's where that protruded upper lip "duck bill" thing I tried to describe earlier came from. The HT sculpt has it, so does Chris's. My old one did, though I think I overstated it quite a bit in that version.

On a side not I've heard rumors that Kurt Loder will actually replace Ledger in the 3rd film, so I'm still on track :rotfl

I believe Heath I read somewhere he wore a brow piece as well as the scar prosthetics, so the pics of him with just the scars would not look very menacing. Naturally his eyebrows go up in the middle of his face which gives him a bit of a sad look a lot of the time. This could be the reason for the brow piece. See my avatar, the only thing he is missing in that pic is the make-up. IMO though it still looks like Heath, but the Joker as well.

Last edited:
I believe Heath I read somewhere he wore a brow piece as well as the scar prosthetics, so the pics of him with just the scars would not look very menacing. Naturally his eyebrows go up in the middle of his face which gives him a bit of a sad look a lot of the time. This could be the reason for the brow piece. See my avatar, the only thing he is missing in that pic is the make-up. IMO though it still looks like Heath, but the Joker as well.

Yeah, I've thought he wore more than just the mouth scars myself. He was only 28, I believe and had a smooth face. The thing with prosthetics, there's the "meat" of the piece and you have the wide, tissue-thin flange that's blended off into the skin. I think most or all of the fine lines in his face were just that thin foam latex wrinkling as he contorted his face. Even in your avatar he's still wearing the black eye make-up, as it's tough to make such a nice, trust-worthy face like Heath's look menacing. It's there, just not as heavy; more of an Ozzy Osbourne effect. Also, if you compare the two real pics of Heath I posted his eyebrows have been shaved down and shaped to look more angry in that make-up test shot.

Here's round one of the "Joker-fication" of the Heath sculpt. I pushed his brow down a bit, too. Still a WIP. Constructive comments and opinions welcome and appreciated. I'll try to get a couple pics later on that don't make his nose look like a turnip :banghead

00joker1.jpg

Looking at pics (Snake ^^^^er's avatar in particular) should I lower the hairline? Seems like I gave him too much forehead. Might be a fivehead.

That's not what I was trying to do, at all. I apologize if I offended you or anyone else. We all have our opinions of everything, and that was mine. I think (hope) I was as critical of my work in that post as I was of anyone elses. People are far more cruel in opinions of stuff from every company/artist. Being an artist here doesn't mean I don't have opinions like anyone else. I generally don't voice them, for that very reason. 99% of the time, it's unprofessional and pointless. It's probably the lst time I'll do it. But I felt I had a point. I was trying to get to the root of something regarding the strengths/weaknesses of every sculptor's work, my own included. And I did aknowledge Chris's head is good. How can it not be? Tons of people love it. But his sculpt, as with all, is flawed somewhat. I forget where, but in some post Chris took a couple shots at Bob Dullam. My point there is, artist or not, everyone has their opinion. But 99% of the time they're best kept to one's self. That post was my 1%.

I understand where you're coming from. I just thought that was a little harsh but we can all be harsh and it is better to keep that inside and not say it. I don't like being negative or shooting anyone down. And you are right we are hard on some companies,it's just worse in my opinion when it's a person doing a sculpt who gets shot down because that's a guy trying to make a living and not a huge company guy getting paid.

Yeah he was typing ^^^^er but it looks alot like ^^^^er, can you see the difference?

:monkey3

Its also like saying "Man that guy is a big ^^^^er for doing that" Now, which one did I say?

:D

Wait a sec, this is just a test ^^^^!

Yeah he was typing ^^^^er but it looks alot like ^^^^er, can you see the difference?

:monkey3

Its also like saying "Man that guy is a big ^^^^er for doing that" Now, which one did I say?

:D

Wait a sec, this is just a test ^^^^!

Yeah, that's why I posted again! :rotfl I din't want Snake to think I was insulting him :rotfl Sometimes censorship has the opposite of its intended effect. :duh

Anyway, about that hairline? :lol

Back