New SST Website layout

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't like the new layout. The new release should be the first thing we see. Please put it back with the scroll option. The other 2nd chance or last chance pics needs to be smaller. It takes way too much space.

I hate those scrollers, for some reason they always used up a full CPU core of processing, no idea why.

I don't like it. I don't like the fact that now with the newsletter coming out while I'm at work, that I have to search even harder to find newly listed items when the NL posts.

Yeah, looks like quite a few of us agree on the new listings being less visible (I actually need to scroll down on my computer to see them). Come On Sideshow VIPs lets hear back from you on this, Its an easy and reasonable fix for your customers. I have also never seen a site change their layout without looking for customer feedback, not even a "How do you like our new look?" link?

The new products should be where the instock ones are and displayed the same way with the full picture.
The Production Blog, Ask Sideshow and Headlines section should be dated.
The rest seems nice enough for me.

I don't like it. I don't like the fact that now with the newsletter coming out while I'm at work, that I have to search even harder to find newly listed items when the NL posts.

I totally agree with this. The changing of the newsletter release time makes no sense to me. It was nice being able to get it Thursday evenings at home.

The purpose of the front page redesign is to help move more in-stock product. We have no problems moving newly announced pre-order items via our newsletter, facebook, etc. But a lot of people landing on our front page are either 1) new to Sideshow and want something NOW (not in 6 months), or 2) have forgotten we even offer some of these items. It has been a very big success so far... which is good for everyone (more product moving, means more can be developed, etc) :duff

Also, have you noticed we also launched the new 'Zoom Gallery' feature on the photo galleries :yess: We have finally joined the 21st century ;)

The purpose of the front page redesign is to help move more in-stock product. We have no problems moving newly announced pre-order items via our newsletter, facebook, etc. But a lot of people landing on our front page are either 1) new to Sideshow and want something NOW (not in 6 months), or 2) have forgotten we even offer some of these items. It has been a very big success so far... which is good for everyone (more product moving, means more can be developed, etc) :duff

Also, have you noticed we also launched the new 'Zoom Gallery' feature on the photo galleries :yess: We have finally joined the 21st century ;)

Man, I wish I had enough for the Rocketeer and Sabretooth.... I love the Zoom feature....

Thanks Dusty!

But a lot of people landing on our front page are either 1) new to Sideshow and want something NOW (not in 6 months), or 2) have forgotten we even offer some of these items. It has been a very big success so far... which is good for everyone (more product moving, means more can be developed, etc) :duff

Has Rosario purchased anything? :lol

I don't like it at all. Makes it harder to find preorders, past releases, the production blog, etc. It also screams of desperation to sell in stock products. Not sure it's wise to through up annoying hurdles for longtime customers in hopes of splash-advertising to new customers and potential Facebook/Twitter converts. Didn't work for Spook and it likely won't work here, but that's just my two cents worth. :huh

Hi Dusty,
Thanks for responding, I am not sure I would agree that most people going to the site fall into those two categories, I rely on the web site primarily to see new products. The newsletter is great, but I am on the SST site more often than I would review the newsletter, in fact this forum is more likely to be my source of seeing new product than the newsletter. As for Facebook, I don't use the SST page and I think most of us here agree that the site is the one go to source for news. While I can see SST wanting to move more in-stock items, the new layout makes it more difficult to see anything new. If you look at the site layout right now, the in-stock items are four times bigger than the small thumprint icons for new items.Would SST be willing to possibly make the new items at least more noticeable (larger) if they are to be under the in-stock items?
Regards, - KYG

Hi Dusty,
Thanks for responding, I am not sure I would agree that most people going to the site fall into those two categories, I rely on the web site primarily to see new products. The newsletter is great, but I am on the SST site more often than I would review the newsletter, in fact this forum is more likely to be my source of seeing new product than the newsletter. As for Facebook, I don't use the SST page and I think most of us here agree that the site is the one go to source for news. While I can see SST wanting to move more in-stock items, the new layout makes it more difficult to see anything new. If you look at the site layout right now, the in-stock items are four times bigger than the small thumprint icons for new items.Would SST be willing to possibly make the new items at least more noticeable (larger) if they are to be under the in-stock items?
Regards, - KYG

Thank you for the feedback! In the next upcoming months we are going to be making some interesting improvements to our returning customers' online homepages to make it a more personalized experience for them to receive and manage their information. We have launched the current site main homepage and are encouraged by the traffic and tracking that we have received. However, we are also reviewing returning collector feedback as well to see if we can find a happy medium!

Feel free to send your feedback to our customer service department and ask them to forward it to the web team. It would be helpful to receive constructive specifics rather than generic 'I don't like it' comments.

Thanks!

Yeah, that would be cool to see more of the licenses we buy pop up or you might like this. As you said similar to Amazons.

Yay! Even more targeted marketing.

I'm don't understand why everyone is saying that it's hard to find new products? :dunno It's pretty visible to me.

Yay! Even more targeted marketing.

I'm don't understand why everyone is saying that it's hard to find new products? :dunno It's pretty visible to me.

It's due to varying browsers, monitors, resolutions and such - the new products are down far enough to be an issue on some people's setup.

Back