NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See but that's why I like it. I don't mind all that. I think it's still possible it won't be as bad in some areas that do deserve criticism but again I like it as it sits in general. Only the right hip armor is wrong whether accurate or not but I'm fine with that as much as I can be but for the rest I'm just happy with it.

When I look at it I think it looks fine and with a small base it's still huge and I guess I'm one of the rare people just happy as it sits. I wish others could be as happy with it as I am. Only the hip armor bothers me but screw it I bought it knowing about it and honestly can't wait to get it.
You like it because of the issues? You are dreaming if you think SS will fix anything, and even if they did, you just said you liked the flaws? Remember also that this is the prototype and it won't even look as good when production pieces ship.

Yes I like it with the flaws not the flaws in particular meaning as a statue I love it if not put side by side.l with screens.

I see it and like it. The only flaw I know of without Predator pros weighing in is the hip armor being misplaced.

So when it's on my shelf I will be very happy.

I too am interested in the other companies and will buy the Prime 1 likely.

I think my SS Vader looks just as good as the prior as well as my Sandtrooper and my Red, Blue and Geern Halo statues and my Jabba and Fett and all of them. I have not been blessed to get anything that turned out worse yet.

I'll be just as curious when my IS Vader comes. One thing I'll admit I pray is turning out fantastic is my Voltron. That is one piece I will not accept a shart job in.

Does anyone know if sideshow will be making any more Predator maquettes?[as i'd love to see either the Celtic, Wolf or Berzerker Predators].

I assume he means in 1/4, I'd like to see a really nice Berserker and a Celtic also. The little Berserker is okay for what I paid for it, much less than retail.

I don't want Sideshow doing ANY more 1/4 maquettes.

Actually - I'd rather they didn't do ANYTHING Predator related - period - and left it to folks who care enough about the characters and fan base to do a good job.

That being said - the ONLY movie Pred I'm now left interested in at a larger scale (1/4 or 1/3) is the Elder.

Actually - I'd rather they didn't do ANYTHING Predator related - period - and left it to folks who care enough about the characters and fan base to do a good job.

That being said - the ONLY movie Pred I'm now left interested in at a larger scale (1/4 or 1/3) is the Elder.

Second this, although I'm really only after the Jungle Hunter. Roll on CoolProps and Prime 1!

Yeah im keen as for a 1/4 scale elder.

What about 1/4 scale like the dutch of blain, duke , dillon, billy , hawkins, that you can buy individually or as a set so you can join all the bases together like what prime have done with the TMNT.

how many people have ordered this so far? How much do you rekon shipping to Australia would be? $150?????

Like others have said! Your better off getting the regular edition. The shipping would be around $150 to $180 then you also got to factor in import charges seeing this is over a $1000 USD your looking at about $1800 USD overall just crazy. Popcultcha are actually doing you a favour with the pricing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viewing the statue as just a piece of art I think it looks fine.

Comparing it with the movie is where it is not perfect.

I decided I like it as it is and bought it. We all base our purchases off whatever we want and I like this as it is and not because it's 100% acccurate to the screen meaning I like it as it is without it being perfect. When a better one comes out I just buy it.

You are probably not aware of this... But um nobody is allowed to like this piece.

This thread has gone to the Twilight Zone.

I remember when everyone complained about Wolf Predator for having meshing on his legs.. Now it's considered a grail... Many here complained about the P2 maquette and swore to never buy it and then they bought it. Now it's Jungle Predators turn I guess.

And now we are here.. Hoping that a company stops making something because??? Well just because... It's Not because they are the only ones in town that own the license since others now have the license also. So I am not sure of the logic.

I am all for difference of opinion... I am all for expressing ones opinion on something they don't like. I have done it myself. But I never hoped that a company would just stop making a product. I just choose to ignore the product.

I realize this has been a major let down for many because they have been waiting... But SSC is not changing anything. It is what it is.. So vote with your wallet and don't buy it..

This thread basically sucks because the same people come here and say the same thing over and over and over and over and over and over over about the same 20 pics...

When In hand photos come out and it is worse then the proto then I can see the uproar rightfully happening again. But if it comes out looking like the proto and people continue complaining about the same thing then this will officially be the worst thread ever.

If it turns out great I wont be posting any pics.. Not here anyways... Why do it?? So there can be 50 more pages of the same thing being said.

Again... I am not saying don't complain. Its your opinion and you can express it. I love the different opinions people have.. But hoping a company just stops making a product when you can choose to just stop looking at their products anytime you want is just weird to me and I guess its what caused me to post this..

Still love you though Heavy Metal Spike.

Edited because I thought I might have been too harsh... :)

Last edited:
Like others have said! Your better off getting the regular edition. The shipping would be around $150 to $180 then you also got to factor in import charges seeing this is over a $1000 USD your looking at about $1800 USD overall just crazy. Popcultcha are actually doing you a favour with the pricing

Any idea what the import charges would be on this? I'm debating whether to order from Sideshow using rewards, or buy locally. I want the EX, but not bad enough that I'd be willing to pay significantly more over the regular.

Any idea what the import charges would be on this? I'm debating whether to order from Sideshow using rewards, or buy locally. I want the EX, but not bad enough that I'd be willing to pay significantly more over the regular.

I wasn't aware the EXs ever cost more.

You're looking at $2100 from sideshow direct for the ex (that's including around 17% duty), using pennies at popcultcha will get it for you for around $1700. If it's in stock at one of their sales you might score it for $1530.

Totally unsure but an example would be the Wolf Predator I paid $300 for that to be let go from holding. So the way prices have increased everywhere I would keep it anywhere above $200 it sucks big time. The exclusives are work getting. Not all of them but if it really makes a difference maybe use your reward points

Why can't Sideshow do anything right? Everything they create always has something off enough where the final product becomes a dud! If the hand made and painted prototype looks this bad rest assured the production piece will be far worse.

The armor on that right leg..........must be falling off the Predator..........FAIL! The likeness and shape of the head remind me of the Elder more than P1..........FAIL!.

This pose reminds me of a fashion model. Way off from how a Predator would stand. The pose destroys the mystic of the character and is way too soft for a celestial killer...........FAIL!

Sideshow fail......as expected!

Back