NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it looks OK now, except for that thigh armor. Hope you don't need to repaint the skin underneath when you moved it.

Ugh payment pushed back till Feb 5th I think. Just a week or so. Must be a small shipment delay or they are fixing the leg armor lmao

Ugh payment pushed back till Feb 5th I think. Just a week or so. Must be a small shipment delay or they are fixing the leg armor lmao

A week or so isn't too bad I guess. LMAO @ fixing the armor. :lol

Agree Jaws, im still excited to get mine. All that matters to me is that it will display well on my shelf. Proportions look good to me.
Me too.

I'm not sure if they have physically altered the mask, or if it's just the poor production paint hiding a lot of its curves. But it definitely doesn't look as good in these new pictures. I maintain that this is just an okay representation, many of the proportions and details look off to me. So I'm not eager to order it, but I'm sure it'll look okay in person as the P2 does. For this kind of money, it would be nice to see a bit more attention to detail however.

The mask that is wider is perfect is that the one that they are using I hope. The other is elongated and looks off. I wonder! Strange if they changed it for the worse. But I hope it is that wider mask of the helmet!

The elongated one is new. This was my complaint as well, but I think they did this so it matched the elongated face of the unmasked sculpt. I do like the old one better, but I'm still fine with this. Pictures can be hard to judge as sometimes this sort of thing can look different in person.

The mask that is wider is perfect is that the one that they are using I hope. The other is elongated and looks off. I wonder! Strange if they changed it for the worse. But I hope it is that wider mask of the helmet!

The elongated one is new. This was my complaint as well, but I think they did this so it matched the elongated face of the unmasked sculpt. I do like the old one better, but I'm still fine with this. Pictures can be hard to judge as sometimes this sort of thing can look different in person.

Yeah the original was more film accurate.. I think there is a chance SSC changed it because it did have a bobble headed look to some..

Personally I am not sure I would have noticed if I did not do the Side by Side... I agree with ep10sive though.. Got to wait and see how it looks in person.

So I think the mask looks smaller now. Of course I did not think it looked all that out of proportion before so what do I know? :lol

If this ends up being what I get at my home.. I will be very happy. That thigh armor though.. It is an eye sore.

View attachment 386267
View attachment 386269

View attachment 386266

View attachment 386268

The prototype also have a slightly tilted and turned to the right unmasked head which i prefer more. I wish they hadn't done that either.

Yeah the original was more film accurate.. I think there is a chance SSC changed it because it did have a bobble headed look to some..

Personally I am not sure I would have noticed if I did not do the Side by Side... I agree with ep10sive though.. Got to wait and see how it looks in person.

I have the old p1 from ss so I may pass on this. But I don't have the masked one so I want a masked one but I can not pay that much of what they are asking for this. I may wait for prime one. But I hope it turns out good for all those who do buy it!!!

The prototype also have a slightly tilted and turned to the right unmasked head which i prefer more. I wish they hadn't done that either.

I think the head tilt is the same.. Those pics are from different angels so they look a bit diff. Here is a more accurate comparison.

predator-jungle-hunter-maquette-3001581-03.jpgpredator-jungle-hunter-maquette-sideshow-300158-05.jpg

Also Helmet Gap appears to be fixed

Unless they have changed the assembly approach since the P2 maquette, the presence/absence of the gap will vary for each copy.

For sure they will have avoided a copy with a gap when they took the new photos though.

Fingers crossed for you guys.

Hard to trust their pics. Could be edited. Even the paint tone looks slightly different in the above comparison.

Either way, I just want to receive this already. Anxiously waiting.

Agreed. I'm surprised by the delay to be honest. Usually when they do unboxing the product ships out soon after. But we haven't even received notice yet.

Back