NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course. They are hard at work as we speak relocating the thigh armour on every piece.

Yep - they are apparently moving it even further anti-clockwise.

Gene Simmons is claiming copyright infringement.

KissR.jpg

Unless they have changed the assembly approach since the P2 maquette, the presence/absence of the gap will vary for each copy.

For sure they will have avoided a copy with a gap when they took the new photos though.

Fingers crossed for you guys.

I just figured if they changed the Helmet then perhaps that is something they took into account..

I don’t like what they did with the mask... The original sculpt was better and more accurate.

I also suspect that they’re not changing the leg armor at this point out of spite. Lol!
Really don’t make sense why they’ve reworked certain aspects of this piece and ignored the most controversial thing.
Sideshow gonna Sideshow...

Everyone charge up those flash bulbs and get your cameras out of focus!

Let’s see who can post the first intentionaly terrible photo!

I think this one won't look bad in person after I've seen SS Thanos on Throne. Sure, that thing looks better than this from the beginning but its "more-massive-than-I-thought" size adds surprise elements up for me. Sure, its proportions look weird aside from this (which was intended) angle:

Sideshow_Collectibles_Predator_Jungle_Hunter_Maquette_Statue_7.jpg

but remember this is, in fact, a companion piece to SS Maj.Dutch pf, which looks weird in photo but turns out OK:

1sideDUTCH4.jpg

Will it be fantastic on its own? That's hard to answer because I still don't see t in person. But I think it'll be a great companion pieces to Maj.Dutch and create a fantastic display together.

So finger crossed, guys!

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 122
. . . I think it'll be a great companion pieces to Maj.Dutch and create a fantastic display together . . .

From 14 months back . . .

The Pred is stated as 1:4, and I think Sideshow's Dutch is supposed to be about the same.

If I've got the measurements right, this is what they look like scaled next to one-another.

Dutch seems a bit undersized until you look at movie stills (and Narin's "Encounter") + allow for Dutch's bent knees, and then it seems about right.

Everyone will have their own opinion on this as well (lol) - but I think they look great next to one-another.

Comparison%2005%20-%20Dutch%20-%20P1_zpsnbyupuhv.jpg

Comparison%2004%20-%20Dutch%20-%20P1_zpsrtsckali.jpg

^
^
Yeah, I remember that post. Just recurring it to someone who haven't seen it/ think about. Is he overscaled?, yes. But I actually have 'The Encounter' diorama so I don't think they're that off-scaled at all.

Back