Premium Format New Mystique Premium Format (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eh, that part makes sense. It's supposed to be part of a mansion attack theme. They're not exactly being subtle and stealthy, so turning into Rogue does nothing for her.

Besides, if you think an X-23 claw arm ex is lame imagine how lame an arm with just a different colored sleeve would be.

Which promo pic?

The one which showed the darkened 6? characters on the promo.

It's why so many collectors on both forums thought we were almost guaranteed to get a change of head with long hair and possibly another firearm with a scope on it.

The one which showed the darkened 6? characters on the promo.

It's why so many collectors on both forums thought we were almost guaranteed to get a change of head with long hair and possibly another firearm with a scope on it.

If this was the case I would’ve bought it.

That promo pic really hurt this piece.

It's not like all statues come with a change of head. A lot do, but if not for that promo pic, they 'might' have been able to get away with it.

Yeah. I don’t think the reception will have been this negative if it wasn’t so hyped up by the promo pic. After I let the initial disappointment settle down, I feel like it’s not as bad as I initially thought. It’s still really expensive for its simple design and poor exclusive though lol.

Yeah. I don’t think the reception will have been this negative if it wasn’t so hyped up by the promo pic. After I let the initial disappointment settle down, I feel like it’s not as bad as I initially thought. It’s still really expensive for its simple design and poor exclusive though lol.

I agree with your statement on the reception on this piece.

And frankly every new piece that comes out is perceived by many as being priced too high. I think the only piece people haven't complained about the price was the Wolverine vs Hulk Maquette.

When I first got into statue collecting 3 years ago I could get instock pieces from Popcultcha at retail for $550 AUD. Now three years later it's $900 AUD or so for new preorders.

I know this has a lot to do with the devaluation of the Aussie dollar, but if I worried about the same percentage increase as a lot of US collectors did, I would've had to stop collecting almost immediately.

I guess I've just grown numb to any price increases. If I like a piece I buy it, and assume that if I ever try to sell it I would get almost nothing for it.

I agree with your statement on the reception on this piece.

And frankly every new piece that comes out is perceived by many as being priced too high. I think the only piece people haven't complained about the price was the Wolverine vs Hulk Maquette.

When I first got into statue collecting 3 years ago I could get instock pieces from Popcultcha at retail for $550 AUD. Now three years later it's $900 AUD or so for new preorders.

I know this has a lot to do with the devaluation of the Aussie dollar, but if I worried about the same percentage increase as a lot of US collectors did, I would've had to stop collecting almost immediately.

I guess I've just grown numb to any price increases. If I like a piece I buy it, and assume that if I ever try to sell it I would get almost nothing for it.

I've been collecting for years. Where ordinarily I would purchase characters I like and enjoy, now it's really pick and choose. And choose wisely. I know people would say "Prices increase, deal with it" I truly feel like Sideshow and other companies are pushing prices up just to see how much we're willing to pay before we break.

Very unfortunate in my opinion. Oh and I hate Sideshows customized looking pieces, so that does make it easier when they pull that crap.

I've been collecting for years. Where ordinarily I would purchase characters I like and enjoy, now it's really pick and choose. And choose wisely. I know people would say "Prices increase, deal with it" I truly feel like Sideshow and other companies are pushing prices up just to see how much we're willing to pay before we break.

Very unfortunate in my opinion. Oh and I hate Sideshows customized looking pieces, so that does make it easier when they pull that crap.

Customised as in New Batman PF new Poison Ivy, Cap etc. some are very big misses others are not bad. But could be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Customised as in New Batman PF new Poison Ivy, Cap etc. some are very big misses others are not bad. But could be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God. The new batman PF is horrible. It’s overpriced too for such a mediocre statue and weird EX lol It’s the worst PF out of DC PF released this year.

I was excited when I saw the preview of this piece. Seeing the statue from the different angles now not so much. I agree with the previous comments regarding the androgynous aspects of this statue.... doesn't do it for me. At $350 it's a maybe, at $570 it's a no way. I still like the original Mystique PF. Especially next to this piece.

I was excited when I saw the preview of this piece. Seeing the statue from the different angles now not so much. I agree with the previous comments regarding the androgynous aspects of this statue.... doesn't do it for me. At $350 it's a maybe, at $570 it's a no way. I still like the original Mystique PF. Especially next to this piece.

To get a 1/4 Sideshow piece for $350 you'll have to travel back in time. Probably 7 years or so?

Hellfire Emma in 2014 was $370 for the EX, so probably $350 for the regular?

The third statue I ever bought, after overpaying for a wolverine pf and an emma frost comiquette, was the Cyclops PF for $275.00 directly from Sideshow. Sabertooth shortly after for $320 I think. That's about what they charge for some art prints now. Still my favorite Cyclops statue and a definite keeper. I was so hesitant about spending that much back then and I remember being on the fence for a while. I'm extremely selective these days even though there is a lot to like and a lot to dislike. A good time for statue collecting even if this Mystique was a bummer.

Yes, I think the original Mystique PF was around $300 and it was probably 7 or 8 years ago.

7204_press06-001.jpg

Thanks for the info.

So it was about 5-6 years ago then, that pieces on average were about $350 USD.

I thought I may have over estimated my guess :dunno

Back