New Medicom Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the suit made from pleather? It looks like it in the picture of his boots, plus I can see stitching.

I think parts of it are, and other parts are rubber, similar to their first release (Hot Toys also did something similar with their first release Batman Begins Batman). A lot of companies stray from full-rubber suits due to issues with deterioration and articulation. Hot Toys is bringing the full-rubber suit back though, and have improved on it immensely. How well the rubber holds up over time, we have yet to see.

All in all I think this is a nice release by Medicom, not the best, but certainly an improvement over their last BB figure. I am now officially hyped for their TDK suit Batman!

Medicom, Batman, Original Suit

P1070779001.jpg

P1070831001.jpg

P1070829001.jpg

P1070827001.jpg

P1070805001.jpg

P1070857.jpg

P1070842.jpg

P1070845.jpg

The cape looks like HT BB v1 rigidness. Or the cape looks totally out of scale... The figures looks like an action man toy...

The belt looks pretty good under certain lighting conditions, like pics 5 and 6, more so 6. I also get the impression they've given the figure giant black Superman thongs!

Thanks for the pictures - pass.

I hate being tempted by a favourite outfit/ character even when I know the figure's no good.

I just don't get the love for the Takara - one of the best things, visually, about the original costume is the sleek lines of the cowl and the imposing neck, and the Takara breaks them up. About the only thing I can see that I like better on it is the way the cape drapes, but in certain light it looks really see-through.

Those latest pics of the Medicom version are not pretty either. It has that slightly stylized approach which, while I understand, I don't like it. Plus the body looks a little scrawny.

I can't believe anyone could even consider the Takara or Medicom versions to be better than the HT Original Suit... to me there's no comparison whatsoever. HT smashed it out of the park no question. Batman in BB is supposed to look imposing and huge. Neither the Takara nor the Medicom versions portray that at all.

man i remember last summer when i first got into the 1/6 figure scene and didn't know much about medicom or hot toys. i had medicom dark knight figures on pre ordered but changed my mind. i am so glad i did.

I just don't get the love for the Takara - one of the best things, visually, about the original costume is the sleek lines of the cowl and the imposing neck, and the Takara breaks them up. About the only thing I can see that I like better on it is the way the cape drapes, but in certain light it looks really see-through.

Those latest pics of the Medicom version are not pretty either. It has that slightly stylized approach which, while I understand, I don't like it. Plus the body looks a little scrawny.

After owning it, he is a great figure, but I didn't like the neck joint and he had big ass tennis shoes instead of boots. Oh and his hands didn't stay in.

I flipped my Takara the moment that HT announced their V2 figure and haven't regretted that for a second.

This new Medicom one is another FAIL.

I flipped my Takara the moment that HT announced their V2 figure and haven't regretted that for a second.

I agree on all accounts :D

Although I still have Takara Bats and both HT TDK Bats, nothing comes close to HT TDK Original Suit Bats.....Simply an awesome fig. The new Medicom Bats is an easy pass.....

I agree that the HT V2 figure is superb - one of the greatest figures ever. But the Tak is a great Batman figure, just like the HT 2 in 1 Superman is a great Superman figure even if it doesn't look much like Routh. I flipped the Tak then bought it again because I missed it!

I'd be interested to see which suit deteriorates first, the Tak or the HT.

is it a 100% given that the rubber suits will deteriorate over time? Even if they're kept in stable temperature all year round and not posed much etc.

Back