New Hot Toys Captain America USO/Rescue version?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until now, the only figure i got above 200 is the Mk IV :lol

For first market release, i guess im putting my limit to $200 as well for MMS, $230 for DX

Yeah, you guys say that now, but as soon as Marvel does something like Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, etc you'll be fighting temptations. :)

Yeah, you guys say that now, but as soon as Marvel does something like Ant Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Winter Soldier, etc you'll be fighting temptations. :)

I love the Avengers and I wanted to buy the lot. Unfortunately, BW and Loki are the only ones (thus far) worth my while. I won't buy a partial team therefore, the Avengers is a big disappointing pass. I'll pick up the Hulk because he is too cool. Until HT delivers some amazing (not close) Marvel sculpts, I'll support their DC efforts.

I love the Avengers and I wanted to buy the lot. Unfortunately, BW and Loki are the only ones (thus far) worth my while. I won't buy a partial team therefore, the Avengers is a big disappointing pass. I'll pick up the Hulk because he is too cool. Until HT delivers some amazing (not close) Marvel sculpts, I'll support their DC efforts.

Good lord, give it a bloody rest. Any casual visitor know you hate virtually every single Avengers sculpt after six months of non-stop 'criticism' in every relevant thread. I use the term 'criticism' loosely because clowns like you and plasmid have no actual argument just vague negative comments like:

Fury and Captain America (helmet version) are the two which have a passing resemblance the others pure poo IMO.

"Poo"? What a scintillating analysis.

Other than Thor every figure should satisfy anyone who is not a actively looking for an excuse to not buy the figures. Most every one of us here has limited funds. There is no shame in skipping a line due to its overall cost. I am just buying Loki, Fury and Black Widow from Avengers rather than drop $1200 more just to have a complete team.

That way I have money in budget to buy a figure like this Cap or DKR Catwoman.

I'm concerned about the price. I hope it stays in the $200 range, but I wouldn't be surprised to see $250 on this. If its that high, I'm afraid I'll have to bow out. Can't justify spending that much on a 1:6 figure.

so this will be up on 3rd then ? I'm pretty tapped out but looking forward to see how he turns out..

With GotG being apparently confirmed today I can't wait to see some Hot Toys from that. As long as they don't charge $200 for Rocket Raccoon!

Both will be removable, I'd guess only the under the jacket will there be any of the Golden Age costume though
Thank you for the answer. Gosh, how fantastic would it be if he had his full Golden Age costume on underneath.

Didn't they do something similar with Superman Returns? I think I have a Clark Kent that might have half a Superman outfit on underneath his suit, then I think that HT later released a combo set with full Superman outfit underneath his suit? I don't have that one, so I'm not 100% sure.

Someone at HT supposedly said that two separate figures were planned--one the Rescue version, the other the full USO outfit. Not sure if we'll get the latter or not.

Someone at HT supposedly said that two separate figures were planned--one the Rescue version, the other the full USO outfit. Not sure if we'll get the latter or not.

Yeah, Howard said that in an interview around the same time he said Black Widow would have sculpted hair. I'm starting to learn they say a lot of things, but it's best to take them with a grain of salt. Just a few more days and our hopes (or fears) will be confirmed. :pray:

Funny thing is the Golden Age version would actually make a far better show exclusive than the Rescue Version and yet we're getting the latter whilst the former probably won't ever end up getting made :(

For me Im down for either but I really prefer the Rescue version. It has the most icon look of the period to me. Can't wait for this guy. Distress and weather him up a bit. So great.

Yeah, that's why I'm quitting now. Will get a few more figures then bail. After that, I'll come back for Back to the Future than I'm out for good. $200 was my limit...

I'm just getting in to collecting and find myself saying the same thing. All I want is the SSC Vader, DX 07, DX Han, Joker 2.0, TDKR Batman, CR Superman, HULK and BTTF (the whole line). After this (and I know it seems like a lot) I'm done.

The reality is, the cheapest figure on my list is Superman and I'm afraid the BTTF figures will be over $300 by the time of their release; the Delorean may very well break the $700 mark.

CA is starting to compete with IM with his different versions. :lol IM: 7 suits in three movies. CA: 4 suits in two movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back