New Gorillaz album

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link, listening to it right now!
:rock!

EDIT: Ok... so far:

1. Orchestral Intro is really nice
2. Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach, loved the music, but Snoop Dog?... WTF??? Pretty crappy rap... :yuck
3. White Flag... same here, great music, terrible lyrics and rap... ugh...
4. Rhinestone Eyes, closer to what Gorillaz is, I like this one quite a bit.

Bad start, but hopefully it gets better...

EDIT 2:

This record gets so much better!!
I'm already @ 12. Sweepstakes, and so far it's great!!
Not as good as their first 2 albums, but pretty good!!

Last edited:
Love the cd!! its awesome!!!! The Video is the SHAT!!! ____ing love Gorillaz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember this group from waaaay on back. They had neat, cartoon videos. But a gimmick is just that. This band seems to be way more style than substance.

I remember this group from waaaay on back. They had neat, cartoon videos. But a gimmick is just that. This band seems to be way more style than substance.

WRONG.

------------------

I just finished listening to the album! It's great! It's refreshing to hear new stuff! :rock

Dear Kuzeh,

The correct term is 'Hip-Hop', not 'Rap'. Like any genre there is good music and there is terrible music. Unfortunately nowadays most are exposed to the TERRIBLE Hip-Hop and most just lump it all together. If you were to here some underground hip-hop (which is brilliant) I'm sure you and many others would change your minds.

Love,
Ill

P.S. The Gorillaz are awesome and are soooo not a gimmick. :rolleyes:

Dear Kuzeh,

The correct term is 'Hip-Hop', not 'Rap'. Like any genre there is good music and there is terrible music. Unfortunately nowadays most are exposed to the TERRIBLE Hip-Hop and most just lump it all together. If you were to here some underground hip-hop (which is brilliant) I'm sure you and many others would change your minds.

Love,
Ill

Dear ill:

FAIL!!!! :lol

Actually it is the Rap (or rapping), or M.C.ing, that's I'm complaining about... not the music (Hip-Hop"esque")

If you could share some of these brilliant hip-hop, I'd like to check it out...
but honestly I like trip-hop better... stuff like Tricky, Massive Attack, Goldfrapp, Moloko, UNKLE... (yeah I know their glory days are over but still...)

Dear Kuzeh,

Love,
Ill

"Rap is what they do, Hip-Hop is the Music"
IllJedi

This is so true!!! This man opened my eyes to real Hiphop!! and its the SHAT!!! Deltron3030, Dilated People, Wutang, Redman, De La Sol, MF Doom, Pharoahe Monch, Genius/GZA & A Tribe Called Quest just to name a few!!!! you rock ill!!! :rock

Jose Listen to the man!!!

"
This is so true!!! This man opened my eyes to real Hiphop!! and its the SHAT!!! Deltron3030, Dilated People, Wutang, Redman, De La Sol, MF Doom, Pharoahe Monch, Genius/GZA & A Tribe Called Quest just to name a few!!!! you rock ill!!! :rock

I've listened to Deltron ( I like Gorillaz better :D), Wutang and De La Soul I've listened to before, but after 3 songs I want to go on a drive-by...
I remember liking some music of a Tribe Called Quest...
I'll check out the others you mentioned...

The thing is I see no real talent on most of the lyrics these guys put out... and their vocals are mostly annoying...

I like to be wowed by creativity, stuff like Gnarls Barkley for example...
Thanks for the info! :duff

I listened to over 50 minutes of the album last night, and it got really tedious as it went on to me. Sounded like they just got a new synthesizer and were dicking around, seeing what kinds of wacky sounds they could make with it. I then watched the video, though, which was very good.

"Rap is what they do, Hip-Hop is the Music"
IllJedi

Thank goodness for open minded people! :duff :bow I'm glad you liked all the music I gave you! :rock

While Hip-Hop is my first love, I like all kinds of music. Classical, R&B, Rock, Jazz, you name it. I give everything it's fair shot, not just label it crap after thirty seconds.

Any other underground ones you can recommend ill?
Besides the ones Pitu mentioned?

I just listened to Pharoahe Monch and sounds pretty good, specially the non-generic stuff!

De La Sould made you want to do a drive-by :confused:

Try Atmosphere, Black Milk, Blu & Exile, Blueprint, Brother Ali, Danger Doom, EMC, Fashawn, Fort Minor, Gang Starr, Little Brother, Lupe Fiasco, MF Doom, Madvillain, Masta Ace, Murs, Q-Tip, The Roots, Sean Price, Skyzoo, Talib Kwali, Tanya Morgan...

There's plenty more but those are the one's i can't think off off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Back