Statue New Frank Frazetta Barbarian 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry but I don't recognise the girl at all when I compare it to Frazetta's painting. She has a nice face, I won't deny that but it's just another pretty face. Wasn't the basic idea to bring Frazetta's painting alive ? Well I can only speak for myself, but if the Frazetta family gonna give green light to this, it obviously has all become just matter to make money out of their late patriarch's work. I would even go this far and say, that the face of ARH's master piece the Medusa has more resemblance with the girl of Frazetta's barbarian painting than the sculpted final product from ARH. And I don't even want to mention her inappropriate tanned skin...

But the Cimmerian himself looks perfect.

Her face in the painting is not that well defined and leaves much open for interpretation by the artist.
She could have another face but the current sculpt is as good as it gets imho.
In any case I personally couldn't be happier with it and I'm glad she doesn't look like the one in the Sacrefice dio!That is a huge relief,lol.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I don't recognise the girl at all when I compare it to Frazetta's painting. She has a nice face, I won't deny that but it's just another pretty face. Wasn't the basic idea to bring Frazetta's painting alive ? Well I can only speak for myself, but if the Frazetta family gonna give green light to this, it obviously has all become just matter to make money out of their late patriarch's work. I would even go this far and say, that the face of ARH's master piece the Medusa has more resemblance with the girl of Frazetta's barbarian painting than the sculpted final product from ARH. And I don't even want to mention her inappropriate tanned skin...

But the Cimmerian himself looks perfect.

Very interesting comments, please direct it to Arahom for feedback, as always they improve the sculpt till its not longer possible at the factory.
Email is: [email protected]

Her face in the painting is not that well defined and leaves much open for interpretation by the artist.
She could have another face but the current sculpt is as good as it gets imho.
In any case I personally couldn't be happier with it and I'm glad she doesn't look like the one in the Sacrefice dio!That is a huge relief,lol.

That is partially the reason Ehren and Arahom took a bit of liberties with the interpretation of the painting. As in the part where her feet are fully sculpted, some things just look better in sculpt 3D form done in full detail.

Her face in the painting isn't well defined, I agree, but one could say, also the Cimmerians feet stuck in the mud aren't defined on the painting. So does the interpretation depend on the mood of the sculptor ? Other companies who bring out statues under license always have to get the approval of the licensing originator (for example the game company or a movie studio whatever). Obviously the Frazetta family doesn't care about compliance.

Her face and her skin tone is just not Frazetta like, that's all I'm saying. Her face isn't ugly (and I won't make any comparision to a certain other Conan diorama), so this is only a minor criticism and I will definitely order the statue.

I think the girl is fine, and the face and entire body positioning and everything is a huge step up over the other slave girl :p

Conan be like, I got a naked slave girl and a bajillion ab muscles :lol

sculpt looks like the painting, amazing portrait also

My jaw is on the floor Alex!
Congrats to the ARH team for delivering a dream piece!(again)

Last edited:
If the production piece lives up to expectations then this will be an out and out masterpiece.

I appreciate everyone's patience and support through this process. I know opinions differ on how Frazetta's work should be translated, I just hope I was in the ball park. Being cornered between Frazetta and Moore was a monumental struggle. Again, I know this took far too long to finish. I just hope the general consensus is that it was worth the wait. Thanks!

Everything in this hobby takes ages, so the only thing that really matters, and endures, is quality. I think it safe to say that you've more than managed to bring that, so just as long as the factories do it justice, I think the lasting legacy of this particular piece is pretty firmly assured.

I appreciate everyone's patience and support through this process. I know opinions differ on how Frazetta's work should be translated, I just hope I was in the ball park. Being cornered between Frazetta and Moore was a monumental struggle. Again, I know this took far too long to finish. I just hope the general consensus is that it was worth the wait. Thanks!

It's wonderful, and you don't have to make any apologies... your sentiment is great and appreciated! After seeing this masterpiece your forgiven..LOL..:)

Such a beautiful piece of artwork. One of my favorite picks of 2015.

Back