Statue New Frank Frazetta Barbarian 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

averone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Frank Frazetta Barbarian - By Ehren Biener to be completed in a few months.
We hope to show it either at NY Toy show in Jan or March in the Seattle Emerald City Con.

Here are some pictures from this years ARH Studios Collectibles NYCC 2014 show of the WIP Barbarian:

ARH Studios Collectibles

I own the regular and the nude 1:7 sculpts by CS Moore.
I'm so looking forward to ARH's 1:4 version. My favourite Frazetta painting, so ARH can ask for whatever price. This is a must have !

TONS of work to do on this guys. We actually debated not showing it. The main reason it was brought to the show was so Frank and Arahom could critique it in person. There are a ton of revisions...

TONS of work to do on this guys. We actually debated not showing it. The main reason it was brought to the show was so Frank and Arahom could critique it in person. There are a ton of revisions...

All in good hands though...

Ehren, you did a great job buddy! "The fundamental skill of an artist is talent. Talent is a rare commodity. It is all intuition. And you can't teach INTUITION!" Frazetta's paintings are a very hard task to execute in statue form properly but you & ARH achieved it successfully cause both of you have that intuition!

I always just feel like its a ton of work. just back breaking sweat and occasional tears. its stressful man. seriously.

And this is 1:4 !!! Simply Awesome. Keep working sir, so far so great!

This piece and death dealer ehren you seriously killed man..even tho this isn't finished you can tell its gonna come out right…shoot death dealer is crazy accurate and on point…awesome job man

Glad you are doing this Ehrin...was not 100% on board with what I was seeing in your Barbarian WIP, probably because you were going back and forth with work on the Deathdealer.

With the Deathdealer in your rear view mirror...and 100% focus on the Barbarian, I have no doubt I will be happy with your WIP and hope you don't mind constructive criticism.

Surprised something so rough would be shown a the con ...but it already looks great, so why not !

Surprised something so rough would be shown a the con ...but it already looks great, so why not !

This and Croc vs Tarzan we took to the show, Im glad we did. They are both not even half done and look incredible.

This and Croc vs Tarzan we took to the show, Im glad we did. They are both not even half done and look incredible.

Yes I saw the croc/Tarzan piece in another thread. I commented it looked incredible !

this is the mother of all barbarians, a must have, really hope they can knock this out of the parc!

this is the mother of all barbarians, a must have, really hope they can knock this out of the parc!

Any reason you should doubt us?
Did you see the DD on display at NYCC?

Same artis and same painter will paint it so Im sure another big hit right here.
We hope he will be ready for the Toy show in NYC or the Emerald City CC in Seattle

I apologize for the delay on this guys. Unfortunately I had some personal stuff going on that inhibited my abilities to sculpt, including a move across the country to start working full time with ARH. I have cut this statue apart more times than I care to count and resculpted certain things over and over. BUT.. we are closing in on the finish line. At this point I just need to finish the details on the belt, necklace and hair. The last major hurdle I had to jump was the size of the head. We decided the wax head sculpt I did was like 3% too small, so instead of trying to increase the size in wax I just tackled it on zbrush. We'll be printing it in the next day or so and I'll stick it on there.

That is the most detailed face of Frazetta's Barbarian I have seen yet...and I have 2 different bust's by other fantastic artist, I am blown away Ehren.

Last edited:
Back