New DID Samurai Takeda Shingen!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Takeda is cool! He's not as cool as Date but a lot more detailed.
The realistic horse is pretty damn amazing too. Bad news is that it looses more hair than I do these days (and that's saying something) and that it seems impossible to pose Takeda on a rearing horse like that.
Nevertheless, for all 1/6 LotR fans, get that horse!

Doomhammer said:
Takeda is cool! He's not as cool as Date but a lot more detailed.
The realistic horse is pretty damn amazing too. Bad news is that it looses more hair than I do these days (and that's saying something) and that it seems impossible to pose Takeda on a rearing horse like that.
Nevertheless, for all 1/6 LotR fans, get that horse!

Thanks for the tip on the shedding horse hair! Maybe there's some way to keep it from doing that, like overspraying it with a fixative that won't hurt it in any way. Just a thought. And there must be some way to pose the figure on that rearing horse! Maybe some fine wire would hold him in place and still be hidden so it doesn't show...?

Both samurai figures and the horse are waiting for me when I get back to the states this summer, but after all the good things I'm hearing about them, I'm not sure I can wait that long! Is there any chance you could post a few pics of your figures? That would be much appreciated! :cool:

IMG_2433.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2414.jpg

IMG_2413.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2405.jpg

Mudshark said:
And there must be some way to pose the figure on that rearing horse! Maybe some fine wire would hold him in place and still be hidden so it doesn't show...?

I thought of that wire thing too, and I think it might work, but still the weak legjoints could ruin it. Also the sturdiness of both Takeda and his horse don't seem that good to withstand a lot of testing. So for now I'm dropping it.

I'm having a sunny day here so I'll try to get some pictures done for you.

Received my set the other day... seriously DID is probably one of the best 1/6th company right now. Look at the intricate details and intense handcraft that went into their samurai figures... simply amazing! and the thing is price is very reasonable (if not quite cheap!) compare to other 1/6 figures that required less handcraft. DID also improved their headsculpt and thats another bonus! The box with figure weights around 1.3kg when i was holding it in my hands i felt the value already! :D

Amazing pictures of an incredibly beautiful figure Edwint!
Since Date is still available at most places I can rest a little easier on getting Takeda. Those Spider-Man figures have my priority right now, but I do think you get more then your monies worth on the DID Samurai in comparison.

thanks!!:D

woulda love to gotten the jap version...but then i gotta spread some love to other figs i wanna get as well..so settled on this one..muahaha

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

what's the difference between the japanese version on these? metal, etc.? looks like the sheathe is a different color.

Vader AL said:
what's the difference between the japanese version on these? metal, etc.? looks like the sheathe is a different color.

i don think there's such differences..could be the lighting..only diff i know are the heads and accessories..:D

Vader-Al
I have both figures, each figure represents an actual historic Samurai from a slightly different period of time. The armor is acurate down to the last detail. There is a difference between the two. Takeda Shingen lived from 1521-1573. Date Masamune lived from 1566-1636. Also I have encluded a website with exact reproduction life sized armor so you can see how much detail DiD included in there figures. True works of art.https://images.ask.com/fr?q=Takeda+...2Fs13.jpg&thumbsrc=http%3A%2F%2F65.214.37.88%

Brent

musketball said:
Vader-Al
I have both figures, each figure represents an actual historic Samurai from a slightly different period of time. The armor is acurate down to the last detail. There is a difference between the two. Takeda Shingen lived from 1521-1573. Date Masamune lived from 1566-1636. Also I have encluded a website with exact reproduction life sized armor so you can see how much detail DiD included in there figures. True works of art.https://images.ask.com/fr?q=Takeda+...2Fs13.jpg&thumbsrc=http%3A%2F%2F65.214.37.88%

Brent

If I may add something here, both of these men are very famous in Japan. Both were actually greater than "samurai" rank. They were daimyo, great clan and military leaders who commanded their own armies during the Sengoku Jidai ("Age of the Country at War"). Their battles, rivalries and exploits are the stuff of legend, which is probably why DiD decided to make these figures in the first place. For anyone who has more than a casual interest in Japanese feudal history, 'The Samurai Sourcebook' by Stephen Turnbull is a pretty good place to start. There are quite a few pages devoted to both of these iconic warriors. :)

thanks for the great info!

when i asked about the difference in the japanese version I meant the japanese version vs. the international version for each (or at least for Takeda), rather than the difference between the two samurai. looks like the japanese version sells for $400+.

Vader AL said:
thanks for the great info!

when i asked about the difference in the japanese version I meant the japanese version vs. the international version for each (or at least for Takeda), rather than the difference between the two samurai. looks like the japanese version sells for $400+.

That's kind of what I thought you meant! I haven't gotten my Int'l version yet, but it apparently comes with two head sculpts which are both different from the Japanese exclusive. Here's a link to the DiD page for the Japanese exclusive. You can see it comes with a collection of banners, a seat and some other stuff. I'm in Japan and I've never seen one for sale here, so I don't know what they were asking for it, but you're right about the price in US $, which is exactly why I decided to settle for the International one! :monkey4 :D

https://jp.onlinedid.com/products/samurai/70002/

terryvad said:
who's the next samurai ?

I hope it will have a black armor like masume :cool:

Well, I finally got to see the Takeda Shingen Int'l up close and on the box was a tiny pic of the next figure, which I believe was Ii Naotaka. The Ii army was quite fond of red for their armour and banners and the figure was decked out in red armour. So it looks like we'll have to wait a while longer for some different colored armour. But the new figure looked pretty nice, even so. :)

Back