New Clone Wars Trailer!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured this series wasn't necessarily going to be canon or even attempt to follow it. Which is a bummer, but I guess if you know that going in it lessens the blow. But it does make one wonder why they would choose to not even try to having things line-up?!?

Ya, I think with this series, if you just embrace it at face value and don't try to exactly match it into the movie storyline, should be just fine, unless they really blow something up, in that even you can't do anything. I remember resisting some of the stylistic aspects of the CN version at first, like Jedi leaping thousands of feet, even miles, in one leap like the Incredible Hulk or something, but if you forget about all that and just enjoy it as an adventure with characters and such you know and love, then you'll enjoy.

By the way, did SLJ and Christopher Lee voice their characters in the new CW? Sounded very close, both at least much closer than CN's voices. Obi-Wan sounded in the movie like it might be the same guy that did him for CN.

From what I understand, Corey Burton who was the voice of Count Dooku in the orignal Clone Wars series, started recorded the lines for the character for this new Clone Wars series as well. However, when some of the episodes were being compiled for the theatrcial release at Lucas's request, they were able to hire Christopher Lee in to re-dub the lines. This arrangement was for the short term, I believe. During the long haul of the series, I believe they are going to revert back to Corey Burton's vocal characterization.

I think the same thing happened to the case of Samuel Jackson. Because this new feature presented a short term opportunity to re-visit the characters, both actors jumped at it. It doubt either actor will be there on a weekly basis.

But things might have changed... only time will tell.

Kinda suprised how poorly the CW did in theaters... I knew it wouldn't be a huge hit, but still under 30mil and number #11 after only 2 weeks.

Oh well, probably still made a profit as it was just part of the series.

So the series will air only on Cartoon Network? That's too bad. I was hoping for FOX or TNT so I could watch it in HD.

Ya CN only.

I never even thought of the idea of being able to watch this in HD. If only all the cable networks would offer HD.:banghead

Well, you all know how much I hated the CW movie.

They showed the entire first episode of the show at Dragon*Con. Consider me back on board. THAT is the kind of stuff that should have been in the "movie".

Kinda suprised how poorly the CW did in theaters... I knew it wouldn't be a huge hit, but still under 30mil and number #11 after only 2 weeks.

Oh well, probably still made a profit as it was just part of the series.

Strange, the budget for the "film" has not been publically circulated... it's not listed anywhere theatrical grosses are tracked. Perhaps it's because it's part of an ongoing series so the amount spent on this particular segment wasn't ever accurately assessed.

However, I wouldn't be too surprised to known that the film has already turned a profit.... just not as big a profit WB got with The Dark Knight. Besides, it served another purpose altogether.... as one big long commerical for the upcoming series.

On a side note, I had a great time at work this past month... working as a projectionist at a local multiplex, I had the honor of having Hellboy 2, Dark Knight, Wall E and Clone Wars all showing at my theater at the same time. It doesn't get any better than that. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

I might just wait and pick up the seasons on Blu-Ray then.

What are the odds of GL actually putting these out on Blu-Ray if we can't even get the original or prequel trilogies that way???

Back