New Clone Wars Trailer!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya, aside from my little frustrated moment, the series looks to be a lot of fun, I'm actually just finally going to see the movie tonight, really looking forward to all the CW action, just wish LFL were a little sharper and sterner about making all the parts of it's story mesh together and make sense.

I noticed the Obi-Wan vs Greivous as well. Typical Lucas :lol

Well, it really just shows poor overseeing of the series, and more so a poor understanding of the films by the cartoon creators. The impression I get is that for the most part, LFL has put this into the animation groups hands for storylines and all that and really just takes and overseeing position, the responsibility then falls on the CW team to make the series fit the movies, and this trailer gives me the impression that they'll just round table ideas for stories and go with them if they sound good regardless. Sure this is extra stories, but they fall between two films so things need to add up to not come off goofy, there should be a checklist of things from AOTC and ROTS tied to the wars that they should make the series follow.

Well, it really just shows poor overseeing of the series, and more so a poor understanding of the films by the cartoon creators. The impression I get is that for the most part, LFL has put this into the animation groups hands for storylines and all that and really just takes and overseeing position, the responsibility then falls on the CW team to make the series fit the movies, and this trailer gives me the impression that they'll just round table ideas for stories and go with them if they sound good regardless. Sure this is extra stories, but they fall between two films so things need to add up to not come off goofy, there should be a checklist of things from AOTC and ROTS tied to the wars that they should make the series follow.

Some of the blame falls to them but I think Lucas or someone close to him should catch that.

Some of the blame falls to them but I think Lucas or someone close to him should catch that.

Well, as we've seen with some of SSC's products, LFL appointed reps in charge of some of these things don't know the stories or anything at all, or at least not to the extent they ought to in the positions their in. Much as I like all the cool products and TV shows and all, LFL hurts itself spreading it's resources so much, quality drops a lot because of it.

I don't think it is an oversite at all, but really they have to make this interesting; and well that is what happens when you constantly revise your universe.

"She's your sister ...................." :horror

It wouldn't be hard to be interesting without breaking some of these established patterns. Grievous rocked the first CW series and never dealt with anyone but the second tier Jedi. You don't have to make him fight the core heroes to have fun stories.

...ANNNND what made that trailer so epic was the classic Star Wars score. But this show, like the "movie," will be distinctly lacking that very important component. Replace the beautiful melodies here with uninspired guitar chords for a real sense of how those scenes will play out.

I WAS originally 150% in support of this series before this summer. Now? Well, hrrm. The SW "apologist" in me screams "give it a chance," but I can't help but be apathetic.

It wouldn't be hard to be interesting without breaking some of these established patterns. Grievous rocked the first CW series and never dealt with anyone but the second tier Jedi. You don't have to make him fight the core heroes to have fun stories.

Yeah buuuuuuuuut, when trying to kick start a TV series who would the general populace rather see -- Kit Fisto or Anakin/Obi Wan; and of course most are quite so savvy as the members on this board. Again, it is just another case of revision, we should be used to them by now.

OMG IS THAT A CLONE WARS SERIES ON CARTOON NETWORK!!!??? OMG!

Still, it looks watchable. Griveous is always a welcome...so.

TNT HD, eh? Only if Grievous lops off that "Closer" woman's head when she pops up in the corner to tell us about her most-watched-ever show...
But seriously...it would be cool to see this in HD...

The CN site for CW is up...

https://www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/

Gotta say...that trailer looks pretty cool! Wish they had gone with the Grievous storyline for the movie instead of the Jabba one...looked pretty action-packed. Watching more clone action and seeing Anakin show off more of his piloting skills looks like it'll be a blast. Interesting how that starfighter is a bit of a hybrid between the ones from AOTC and ROTS...always thought that plug on the side for the droid pn the AOTC one looked like an afterthought...the CW one looks better.

And Plo speaks!

But....we still have to endure this series "Jar Jar"...that bratz Jedi is still sounding just a little too cute. We'll see...

As a quick weekly blast, it looks like it might be fun...

Ok, how does this not just kick ass? The new trailer is awesome! I am ready for this to hit the airwaves.

That'd be great if its on TNT-HD... didn't know about that.

I figured this series wasn't necessarily going to be canon or even attempt to follow it. Which is a bummer, but I guess if you know that going in it lessens the blow. But it does make one wonder why they would choose to not even try to having things line-up?!?

Finally thinking about adding cable and DVR to record these episodes. With the movie bombing at the box office and little interest, it'll be a miracle if it's ever released to DVD at all!:(

Maybe someone else can help me figure something out...

has there been any indications that WB would make each episode avaliable on like an apple i-tunes download??? Seeing how I'm not really home enough to watch t.v. anyway (and when I am I'm usually on this this thing:lol)!

Don't really see a point to subscribing to an entire cable package just for one show, but at least this way fans could download all the episodes except the ones with Jar Jar, Ashoka, Ziro, Ewoks, Baby Hutts, Whiney Jedi, Wooden Acting, Wooden Voices, Wooden Animation, Fart Jokes, Belching Jokes, General Flatulance, and all around good times!:rotfl

Somebody tell me why I'm into this again???

Back