New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be getting the Willow regardless but I would like to see more photos of her. She looks pretty spot on so far but there might be something slightly bugging me about her face but it could also be the lighting.

While the likenesses are lacking in some areas, I will say that the realism of the sculpts are awesome. (If that makes any sense. :lol) Faith definitely has the attitude and I'm loving it. I'm liking will a lot as well.

All three will be a must for me!

I like them all. I'd like to get them, but you can't collect everything I suppose. I'm still very happy for the Buffy fans. They deserve a new, awesome line to collect.

Ill pass on willow. Was hoping for a dark witch willow or vampire willow.

Im about 50/50 on Faith, need to see more pictures.... maybe a front on pic to see if that crotch is fixed. And it is a bit dark to determine how good the likeness is.

need MORE... :panic::panic::panic::panic:

Ill pass on willow. Was hoping for a dark witch willow or vampire willow.

Im about 50/50 on Faith, need to see more pictures.... maybe a front on pic to see if that crotch is fixed. And it is a bit dark to determine how good the likeness is.

need MORE... :panic::panic::panic::panic:

We need some pre-order times!!! :rock

This would be neat if they made the PO times the same for both. I know it probably won't happen, but it would be nice to have both statues arrive at the same time to add to the collection.

The both look awful, IMO. Willow looks like a 28yr old pinup, not a meek highschooler. She looks more like a hooker trying to look 10 years younger. Faith just looks off. And anorexic.

I'll be saving some money here I guess.

^^^^

Everyone can learn a lot from this poster here. He speaks the truth. :lecture

Now, please no more criticism on this glorious day. :lol

I agree. I actually really like this Willow statue. It's a little "stylized", if you will, but I love it nonetheless from what I've seen.

I agree. I actually really like this Willow statue. It's a little "stylized", if you will, but I love it nonetheless from what I've seen.

And I think you bring up a good point as well. We've already established that Sideshow wanted to put their own artistic touch into this line. The concept of the Slayer on the Throne speaks volumes about that. I'm not expecting something to resemble the Willow of Season 1 or 2. I'm expecting a fresh, new look as envisioned by Sideshow, and that's what I think we got.

So WOW....my attention to details is lacking tonight, and for the die-hard Buffy fans, I think you'll appreciate this.

It was just brought to my attention by Xtina_Slayer over at SF that Willow's base pays homage to Gachnar. I don't know about most of you, but any "complaints" that I even remotely had about this piece, just went out the window. I can't say 100%, so you guys should check it out yourself. To me, that's EXACTLY what I think is going on there. And anyone who pays that much attention to detail deserves acknowledgement. Hats off to Sideshow if that's the case.

As for Faith, I just noticed the tombstone and "un-dead" arms reaching out for the broken earth, which is EXACTLY what I had hoped for from a base in this line, months before we even got a look at Buffy. Bottomline, I'm extremely pleased at the choice of Faith's base. That's detail right there. I'm really interested to see if and what the epitaph reads. It may bring even more "wow factor" to this already impressive line.

Back