New Buffy Line Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I'm saying is fact love. These items aren't produced with women in mind at all. A bloke said exactly the same thing up thread and are you calling him sexist?

Here's more reactions from fans who weirdly enough aren't me..:lol

https://btvsfigs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Talk&action=display&thread=16818&page=4

You keep misunderstanding my point.

This was sexist of you to say:

"It's only the men who seem unwilling to represent the character as most people remember her."

That is a generalization, which I keep explaining to you is sexist. I don't know what other guy's post you're talking about. In case he said "Only men like these" he's sexist too.

I agree that maybe (it's not a fact unless you have numbers, random people online aren't proof, even though they do back up your point) it's mainly men (straight men I wish to add) who like and buy these sorts of statues. Which I've repeated to you I believe, just like you. It might be the guys who will mainly buy these. But there are both guys and girls who dislike that these are T&A statues, which means that what you said was sexist.

Maybe we don't agree on what sexist mean? A person who is a sexist says that "This is true of all women/men". Even if they say "All women are intelligent" that's sexism. What is your understanding of the term?

Btw, we should do a poll in a lesbian community and ask if they like these statues. Culture wise, I don't think they'll like it as much as the straight men, but I would have proof you're wrong sue. :p ;)

Or maybe a gay male community...

"It's only the men who seem unwilling to represent the character as most people remember her."

But from where I'm standing thats correct. Sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree here. You seem more fixated on me then the issue at hand and how this new line is coming across to some.

I hope you enjoy your new purchases.

Most people seem to be judging a statue that they have not fully seen yet. The lighting in that photo is pretty bad in my opinion. I would hold off until the final photos.

In regards to the other topics. Buffy is not the end all be all. It is just a TV show and these are just statues. Not worth getting up and arms about.

This is me when I woke up this morning, 12 hours after the sneak peak:

ric-flair-nuts-o.gif

Still going strong...

This is me when I woke up this morning, now 48 hours after the sneak peak:

ric-flair-nuts-o.gif

Still going strong...

I wasn't going to buy these, but all the controversy is making me more and more inclined to pick them up.

Should I get the Buffy on throne?:stake

Buffy (despite the poor likeness) seems to be the best bet, mainly because of the beautifully rendered throne. Looks bugger all like Geller but hey...

Excellent pics, Chap. The second one down is probably the best I've seen of the face sculpt. I am still not 100% thrilled with the hair but I bet in that scale it still looks stellar in-hand.

I wasn't going to buy these, but all the controversy is making me more and more inclined to pick them up.

Should I get the Buffy on throne?:stake

Excellent pics, Chap. The second one down is probably the best I've seen of the face sculpt. I am still not 100% thrilled with the hair but I bet in that scale it still looks stellar in-hand.

Thanks! :rock

I definitely wish the hair had more brown highlights and had more bangs in the cut, but overall, I'm extremely happy with it. As some have said before, the Throne really made this piece IMO. The detail is exquisite.

But from where I'm standing thats correct. Sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree here. You seem more fixated on me then the issue at hand and how this new line is coming across to some.

Of course I'm focusing on you and not the issue. I'm calling you a sexist, lol.

Let me show you proof that not all men like the statues' skankyness. https://slayaliveforums.proboards.c...ffyfigures&action=display&thread=10051&page=4

Pretty definitive proof that your generalization is incorrect. Unless you think the males on that page is lying.

I hope you enjoy your new purchases.

Not going to buy them. If they were less expensive, maybe, but they're not "accurate" enough for me. Likeness-wise, cloth-wise or pose-wise. I'll just try to look up Buffy's skirt on photos of the statue instead. :peace

Thanks! :rock

I definitely wish the hair had more brown highlights and had more bangs in the cut, but overall, I'm extremely happy with it. As some have said before, the Throne really made this piece IMO. The detail is exquisite.

I will probably try to pick this up in the new year if she's still available. Too many Christmas obligations right now.

:goodpost:

I totally agree. But then comics industry is riddled with sexism, as is the collectors market by the looks of it. :slap

There were 7 seasons hun. Buffy's outfits became a lot tamer as the years went on. And quite quickly too.

It's only the men who seem unwilling to represent the character as most people remember her. Her most iconic out fit being the black top and red leather pants of season 4.

Look at the comments on the Whedoniesque to see that other people are seeing the same problems with this as me.

wtf? :dunno

Not going to buy them. If they were less expensive, maybe, but they're not "accurate" enough for me. Likeness-wise, cloth-wise or pose-wise.

We agree on one thing then. :lol

No base in the second pic, she's directly on the table. Unless risingstar's Jedi Mind Trick got me.
Are there pegs on the base, or does it just sit on top?

Back