New ALIEN Statue from Yoshihiko Sano

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

He needs more color in him; the mottled browns and such. His color is also way too light unless that is your flash working. I love the sculpt but must admit I'm completely underwhelmed by this and glad I didn't drop the 1K+ for this. Looking forward to seeing some master paint jobs on the kit version.

BB

It's fine with me....the actual statue in the giger museum is probably even more plain...i got the black version myself....

He needs more color in him; the mottled browns and such. His color is also way too light unless that is your flash working. I love the sculpt but must admit I'm completely underwhelmed by this and glad I didn't drop the 1K+ for this. Looking forward to seeing some master paint jobs on the kit version.

BB

Yup, already mentioned it to Roswell Japan and politely asked them to relay the messgae to Mr. Sano himself. And yes, a painter who know what's he's/she's doing will "level up" this piece. Big time.

@AlienHelm: Thanks for finding out that info for me bro. I guess they do have some kind of return policy. Which makes me feel a lil' bit better about this purchase (if it arrives damaged).

On another note. More broken statues arriving?! :slap This is not good.. I hope the last shipments will arrive in one piece!! (especially mine, lol) :pray::pray::pray:

I just emailed hs and roswell, to mention the problem of broken statutes arriving in the u.s. And to echoes our concern....got that automatic response bc of the holiday, so anyone else please do the same so they well take the necessary steps to prevent this from becoming a wider issue...

I just emailed hs and roswell, to mention the problem of broken statutes arriving in the u.s. And to echoes our concern....got that automatic response bc of the holiday, so anyone else please do the same so they well take the necessary steps to prevent this from becoming a wider issue...

Just emailed them and got the auto~reply as well. I hope that HS can do something about this poor packaging issue (if Roswell doesn't first) b/c if they don't, then they'll have a rude awakening next month when most of these statues are sent back to them, due to something that could've been easily avoided in the first place. There is no excuse for poor packaging when this statue costs this much.

In the end, it doesn't matter how flawless the sculpt or paint app. is on the statue if it arrives damaged or broken at your doorstep.

I'd highly recommend everyone who ordered this piece (and those who haven't as well) to email HS and Roswell directly about this issue and hopefully they'll hear us out and do something about it.:pray:

On another note: The special Version is on "Wait List" on Hobby Search's site. Congrats to those who've got there PO's in on time.

Simply beautiful! I love the curled up Facehugger in the 2nd link's gallery. Cool collections. :clap

Does anybody know where I can get a Facehugger like this? :dunno (The one on the left)

img_652744_36015601_0.jpg

I think it represents the facehugger in the egg

My original comment was towards Fear666 when he made a comment about the Sano statue's static pose (it looking like a suit in a closet). Not the facehugger. The facehugger is indeed a representation of the inside of the egg and that's why I must have it!! :lol

Response from roswell:

Best wishes for a bright New Year.

Thank you for your information. I checked the message boards about the damaged aliens.

Today, I sent the e-mail to hobby search asking for your order. However, I have not received the e-mail from hobby search so cannot recognize their delivery schedule.

If your alien statues had a trouble during the shipping, we would send you replacement. Please put your heart at ease.

Thank you for your information and order. Your concern is appreciated.

Yumiko Maki ▼

Back