New 3 3/4 Inch Marvel Universe Line...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any difference between the 2 bucky-cap besides repaint? I got the MU one and was gonna get the new one. I also like the new winter soldier and the super combat captain america. Hope toysrus will have a 2 for $10 sale. I can't get myself to spend $10 a pop for these anymore.

The Bucky Cap in the movie wave is a totally new sculpt and I think it's MUCH better than the Giant Battles one that came out under the MU banner. The only problem is he needs a proper shield (which I stole from my MU Bucky Cap.)

What Wave does the Hologram Ironman come in?

He was part of a K-mart exclusive 3-pack. It should still be available on their website (that's where I got him.)

well I was wrong, it was from k-mart insted that target, but well It Also exclusive form Sanborns, a Mexican departament store.

Is there any difference between the 2 bucky-cap besides repaint? I got the MU one and was gonna get the new one. I also like the new winter soldier and the super combat captain america. Hope toysrus will have a 2 for $10 sale. I can't get myself to spend $10 a pop for these anymore.

Do you mean the one that came with the Skrull Giant-Man or the one that comes in the 2-pack with Crossbones?

The one that came with the Giant-Man was just a quick and dirty repaint of that same chunky buck body they used for Daredevil, Bullseye, Vision, and several dozen other characters. The one in the 2-pack is the same as this single-pack version, only with a non-metallic paint job.

I don´t stay with your opinion, for me the mu one has a great paint job, good accessories and a great sculpt, that´s true, it reuse parts from bucky and bullseye.

p2110012n.jpg

Personally, I always felt the paint job on the first Bucky Cap was sloppy when I saw it in the store. But maybe it varies from figure to figure.

I just hate that body in all its variations. The torso is too wide and the abdomen looks like it's about half the height it needs to be. I realize the early MU waves were a learning experience for Hasbro, but I don't see why they kept reusing the sculpt until very recently. The same with Wolverine. I don't understand why they kept reusing the same overly large X-Force Wolverine body and only this year started switching to the X-Men Origins: Wolverine sculpts instead.

The Bucky Cap in the movie wave is a totally new sculpt and I think it's MUCH better than the Giant Battles one that came out under the MU banner. The only problem is he needs a proper shield (which I stole from my MU Bucky Cap.)

Thanks, I may get the new one, but the ones I've seen so far has terrible paint jobs.

Do you mean the one that came with the Skrull Giant-Man or the one that comes in the 2-pack with Crossbones?

The one that came with the Giant-Man was just a quick and dirty repaint of that same chunky buck body they used for Daredevil, Bullseye, Vision, and several dozen other characters. The one in the 2-pack is the same as this single-pack version, only with a non-metallic paint job.

Yeah, I meant the walmart exclusive with the giant skrull. I never knew they made a 2 pack with crossbones. Is that also an exclusive?

I don´t stay with your opinion, for me the mu one has a great paint job, good accessories and a great sculpt, that´s true, it reuse parts from bucky and bullseye.

p2110012n.jpg

Love the set up.

Yeah, I meant the walmart exclusive with the giant skrull. I never knew they made a 2 pack with crossbones. Is that also an exclusive?

I don't think it's an exclusive. It's only just now hitting stores, though, which is probably why you haven't seen one. There's also one with a Steve Rogers Cap and Winter Soldier. All they're really doing with these is repackaging some of the new Cap figures with the obligatory reprint comic and a better slate of accessories.

If anyone has a spare Juggernaut, War Machine, Thanos, or Ultron that you want to let go on the cheap, please let me know. I have been buying these for my six year old, so they can be opened. I figured I would try here before paying eBay prices.

Found red skull and crossbones at Disney store, but for $9.50 a pop. I'll get some others later. Crossbones looks cool, glad they made him, I could never find the marvel legends one.

Found two Red Skulls at Toysrus, only bought one; didn't want to be greedy.They had two Crossbones as well, but I'm not interested in him.

If you are talking about the cap movie figures, Disney store has it for $9.50 each. It varies at retailers, but my tru is also about that price too.

If you are talking about the cap movie figures, Disney store has it for $9.50 each. It varies at retailers, but my tru is also about that price too.

That's not too bad at all. Im definitely tempted to go check some of these out. How's the paint apps and overall quality? Decent for the money?

Nice! Good to know. I'll have to check these out soon. :rock

Are these at WalMart stores too? Or only TRU stores?

Yeah, they are available at tru, Walmart, Kmart and even the Disney stores. If you see red skull or crossbones scoop them up because they are short packed and one of the nice ones, especially crossbones. The only thing that sucks are the shields that comes with the various caps. Some has stupid gimmicks on it looking like a huge ninja star.

Yeah, they are available at tru, Walmart, Kmart and even the Disney stores. If you see red skull or crossbones scoop them up because they are short packed and one of the nice ones, especially crossbones. The only thing that sucks are the shields that comes with the various caps. Some has stupid gimmicks on it looking like a huge ninja star.

Interesting about the shields. I remember reading a recent review I think, now that you mention it. I'll keep you updated. I'll probably go check them out today.

Back