Netflix Luke Cage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand completely what you're saying, but its the job of those first 45 minutes to make you want to come back for more. I was just surprised Luke wasn't in it very much...

The show has drama.....? His reluctance to be a hero? Because the struggles he has with being a hero and helping out the people of Harlem isn't working for me...their bit players so I don't care if he decides to help them or not. Halfway don't care about his character nor his struggles either so the show is bad for my taste....

Two characters with substance is Papa and Cottonmouth....everyone else meh. But that is 5 shows in.....trying to convince myself it'll be worth watching the full series then do my reflection....but it's difficult to invest the time into something I am loosing confidence in.

Glad folks enjoy it....least then there is potential for more characters / series.

Minus Thor it's what I love about the MCU, if every hero was equally Superman it would get boring pretty fast.

Keeps them interesting.

Minus Thor it's what I love about the MCU, if every hero was equally Superman it would get boring pretty fast.

Keeps them interesting.

Hmm...I get the human characters being weaker and more grounded, but I want stronger versions of Hulk (getting beat up by Iron Man...wut?), Ultron, Ronan, Drax, Gamora and hopefully Thanos doesn't disappoint.

That's the one area where I give credit to BVS, because DD, WW, and even Batman were pretty strong. Sups took an atomic bomb to the face which was very impressive. I wish his super hearing, vision, X Ray vision, and super breath were more prominent, because they're very useful powers. You know how many fires Sups could've taken care of with his super breath in BVS? :lol

Hulk was defeated by a hulkbuster armor that I assume was built with Banner's help. I can live with that. The only character who seems weaker to me besides LC is Thor.

I'm enjoying it, but my wife doesn't like it much because of the use of the N-word. I told her that people in that environment use that word. I'm from the Bronx, and used to work in Harlem. I heard that word at least five times a day. I told her I did not condone the use of the word, but people in that neighborhood used it as a form of expression.

I'm enjoying it, but my wife doesn't like it much because of the use of the N-word. I told her that people in that environment use that word. I'm from the Bronx, and used to work in Harlem. I heard that word at least five times a day. I told her I did not condone the use of the word, but people in that neighborhood used it as a form of expression.

Where is she from?

Must be strange to see a Disney owned property or tv show using that word :lol

Ok I finished it.

The Netflix curse for these shows where they miss their landing in the final 2 episodes almost happened with Luke Cage but ultimately it landed on its 2 feet even if it was like a wobbly gymnast.

The reason these shows are having these wobbly landings is because they are 1-2 episodes too long, some would even argue 3 but i'll stick to 1-2.

The story started to become too convoluted during E9 but kept self correcting as it moved forward.

The acting from every main player was spectacular across the board which helped me remain focussed and committed to the show until the very end.

The final narrative stretch for these shows have had their varying degree of problems and I would say this landed about as good as DD1 with JJ next then DD2.

None of them have had perfect landings.

Cut these episodes down to 11 or 12 which would help to eliminate some of the padding.

So far all these Netflix shows have been an 8.5 and above for me so whatever complaints I might have are overall minor in the grand scheme of things.

These characters are truly being given VIP treatment by Marvel, fans should be happy with the respect Marvel is dishing out here.

Finished this on Saturday. It was good. I have to rank DD first, Jessica Jones second, and Luke Cage 3rd out of the Netflix Marvel shows.

I don't want to be harsh, but some of you are easily entertained. This series was average like Jessica Jones. Only the two DD series are worth binge watching due to better flow of plot and action.

Last edited:
I personally think the fact that these can be binge watched actually adds to the appeal. If these series were spread out over the course of months I don't think they could keep my interest up enough to watch them...Just seem to slow over the long haul for me.

I personally think the fact that these can be binge watched actually adds to the appeal. If these series were spread out over the course of months I don't think they could keep my interest up enough to watch them...Just seem to slow over the long haul for me.

Yeah I mean, that's why Netflix says they always write their shows as if they were 13 hour movies. They kept saying that as they were promoting both Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Finished the show, and I thought it was easily the worst of the Netflix shows. I expected a lot more from Jessica Jones and LC after Daredevil but that show just seems to be in a league of its own.

Mike Colter is just okay as LC, but he just doesn't elevate the show like Charlie Cox and Jon Bernthal did for DD. In fact, outside of Cottonmouth, I don't think there was a single interesting character on the show.

The action was horrible, especially when you compare it to DD. Almost every fight was was the same thing, very uninspired and lacked originality.

I do agree with Jye, even DD has the same problem, these shows are just a few episodes too long. There's just so much filler that rarely adds to the narrative.

I did love the aesthetic, and I loved the music, but overall the show was really mediocre.

I think LC was a better character when he was part of JJ. Of course I also think JJ should be in someone elses series too instead of a stand alone. I hope Iron Fist delivers like DD did.

Back